Does one need to believe in Jesus for salvation.

Does one need to believe in Jesus for salvation.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@suzianne said
@KingDavid403

Matthew 7:20-23 KJV - "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many ...[text shortened]... ork iniquity."

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. By their fruits, not by their talk.
I know this scripture well.; and, thank you Suzianne. However, I do not understand what message you're attempting to convey to me. Unless it is about my somewhat snide remark in my previous post about talking. Could you explain further please? Thanks. 🙂

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20
1 edit

@divegeester said
You claimed there are NO scriptures in the bible claiming that belief in Jesus is necessary for salvation; you are demonstrably incorrect as I’ve given you one.

I’m not really interested in your convoluted and contradictory interpretation of salvation, I’m just showing you that you are in fact wrong about the bible.
You claimed there are NO scriptures in the bible claiming that belief in Jesus is necessary for salvation; you are demonstrably incorrect as I’ve given you one.
I said in my last post to you that you were correct in that scripture and that I was wrong.
However, we must always study further to find the context of the scriptures and what was going on for Jesus and others to say the things that they said at that time. I did that for you and gave you my opinion of the context; just my opinion. I feel those circumstances are much different than what I'm trying to say here. These Jews that Jesus was talking too knew Jesus well; and, Jesus had been attempting to bring them to Him for over three years now. A much different case than those that don't know Jesus, or have never been introduced to Him. If these are diligently seeking our God even if the name Jesus is unknown to them, I feel (know in my heart) the Lord has saved them from this point on.
Also, "I’m not really interested in your convoluted and contradictory interpretation of salvation,' Which seems to be a tightrope walking contest 20 stories up. Which would have killed me many times over by this time. 🙂

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@divegeester said
My lies and false witness, what are you on about?

All I’ve done is shown you that there are scriptures in the bible which state unequivocally that a belief in Jesus Christ is required for salvation.
You know exactly what about. I'm not playing you liars game boy. If not, go back and read; and, it's plain as day for ya. Again, if you copy and paste parts of my posts to make them into lies; Our conversations will end. If you can't debate with truth and honesty with me, then don't debate at all. I can handle all you other childish antics.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
I said in my last post to you that you were correct in that scripture and that I was wrong.
You said that I was correct, you did not admit that you were wrong.

So, as you have declared that the bible is the absolute and total word of god, then you must now also acknowledge that you are also wrong about a belief in Jesus being necessary for salvation?

Correct?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
I'm not playing you liars game boy. If not, go back and read; and, it's plain as day for ya.
The onus is not on me to go back and read anything, it is your accusation and for you to back it up.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
11 Jul 20

@divegeester said
I don’t think so, Rajk999 is focused on works and obedience, not seeking God.
However, it is similar in the sense that Rajk999 believes that non-Christians can be saved if they do good works.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
11 Jul 20

@divegeester said
Although his belief structure on this topic is warped beyond comprehension, what KingDavid403 actually believes himself is irrelevant to his claim that there are no scriptures in the bible explaining that a belief in Jesus necessary for salvation. Clearly there are as I’ve given him a classic one.
Unfortunately, he seems to be in the habit of making "absolute" claims - another example is when he told me that there were "NO copying errors" in the Bible - and then being shocked that people took his words literally.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jul 20

@bigdoggproblem said
However, it is similar in the sense that Rajk999 believes that non-Christians can be saved if they do good works.
Yes, agreed.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@divegeester said
You said that I was correct, you did not admit that you were wrong.

So, as you have declared that the bible is the absolute and total word of god, then you must now also acknowledge that you are also wrong about a belief in Jesus being necessary for salvation?

Correct?
No.
The scriptures speak for themselves; if studied.
I've clearly stated my question and position of the certain people I am talking about. I know I am right in my position about those people. The Lord is Extremely merciful beyond our comprehension, etc.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@bigdoggproblem said
Unfortunately, he seems to be in the habit of making "absolute" claims - another example is when he told me that there were "NO copying errors" in the Bible - and then being shocked that people took his words literally.
You're correct. I do need to learn and grow in this area. Thank you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jul 20
1 edit

@kingdavid403 said
No.
The scriptures speak for themselves; if studied.
I've clearly stated my question and position of the certain people I am talking about. I know I am right in my position about those people. The Lord is Extremely merciful beyond our comprehension, etc.
Your self contradiction continues.

A) You agree that the scripture I provided is in fact Jesus telling the Jews that a belief in him is necessary for salvation..

B) You claim that the bible is the complete and total word of god without error...

C) you deny that a belief in Jesus is necessary for salvation...

These 3 positions cannot be held simultaneously.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
You're correct. I do need to learn and grow in this area. Thank you.
If you could grow a little faster it would certainly save a lot of posts!

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@bigdoggproblem said
However, if you are saved you will have good works. Faith and works cannot be separated. One goes with the other.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@divegeester said
If you could grow a little faster it would certainly save a lot of posts!
lol... you got a mirror around? Look into it when you have time...

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jul 20
1 edit

@kingdavid403 said
However, if you are saved you will have good works. Faith and works cannot be separated. One goes with the other.
You will need to take this up with Rajk999 who would disagree.

He believes that good works without faith can save a person. Hence the position outlined by BDP whereby someone who believes in another god and does good works can be saved.