1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 08:211 edit
    @kingdavid403 said
    There are no scriptures that say one must believe in Christ, or accept Christ as their savior for salvation; none.
    If you are going to be making claims like this about the Bible then I think you ought to read it.

Jesus himself speaking...
    ”Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”
    John 8:24
    NJK

Do you really want me to waste my time digging out others?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 08:22
    @divegeester said
    Who is your God?
    I would really like a response to this one too please KingDavid403.

Thanks.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 13:28
    @divegeester said
    Who is your God?
    Jesus. The One and Only.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 13:35
    @kingdavid403 said
    Jesus. The One and Only.
    So how does it follow logically that you have to believe in God but not in Jesus?
  5. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 14:206 edits
    @divegeester said
    If you are going to be making claims like this about the Bible then I think you ought to read it.

Jesus himself speaking...
    ”Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”
    John 8:24
    NJK

Do you really want me to waste my time digging out others?
    Great scripture. I'll have you know that this portion of scriptures where the woman is caught in adultery, is not in the oldest manuscripts; and, many Bibles of today have a reference note indicating so. Either way, I believe it to be scripture.
    Okay, Jesus is arguing with the Jews here. Jesus just let the woman go who had be caught in adultery. Jesus is God and He is right there talking with the Jews. Jesus knows that they are getting ready to murder Him. How can the Jews be diligently seeking God, when they're rejecting God who is right there and they're getting ready to murder Him, as He is standing in front of them? And, Jesus had been preaching to them for the majority of three years. If anyone is diligently seeking out God, could they truly be while getting ready to murder someone? Someone completely innocent? Getting ready to murder God in the flesh at that? Context.
    My points here are this: anyone can come to God as they are. If one is diligently seeking God, then they are seeking Jesus, because there is only one God. 🙂 If one is diligently seeking God, Jesus will lead them down the best path for them in their beliefs. Once someone diligently seeks God (with their heart) they are bought and paid for by Jesus at that moment no matter what their belief systems are at that moment. Jesus is the One and only God; and, if anyone is diligently seeking God out with their heart, that would be Jesus no matter what their finite mind now thinks.
    Now, In that day, "Every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess, that Jesus is Lord (paraphrased) ."
    "No one comes to the Father but by Him."
    Jesus is involved in almost every religion today etc.
    Yes, when one believes in Jesus and if they remain in Him, they are saved. Thoughts?
    Question for you: do you think Muslims etc, are saved?
    Remember, Jesus's whole ministry on this earth was to the Jews, and no one but the Jews. Salvation is First for the Jew, and then for the Gentile. Almost all Gentiles never physically talked and walked with Jesus as the Jews did. "To him who is given much, much is expected (paraphrased)."
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 14:231 edit
    @dj2becker said
    So how does it follow logically that you have to believe in God but not in Jesus?
    Same God. The one and only.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 15:21
    @kingdavid403 said
    Jesus. The One and Only.
    I thought so...so therefore, according to your previous posts, Jesus is essential for salvation. Seeing as you acknowledged his deity and also said that salvation was found through seeking and finding god. As Jesus is your god you have proved your own thread premise to be incorrect.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 15:22
    @kingdavid403 said
    Great scripture. I'll have you know that this portion of scriptures where the woman is caught in adultery, is not in the oldest manuscripts; and, many Bibles of today have a reference note indicating so.
    But in another thread you said you were convinced of the complete authenticity of the Bible as the word of God.

Once again you contradict yourself old boy.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 15:241 edit
    @kingdavid403 said
    Great scripture. I'll have you know that this portion of scriptures where the woman is caught in adultery, is not in the oldest manuscripts; and, many Bibles of today have a reference note indicating so. Either way, I believe it to be scripture.
    Okay, Jesus is arguing with the Jews here. Jesus just let the woman go who had be caught in adultery. Jesus is God and He ...[text shortened]... and walked with Jesus as the Jews did. "To him who is given much, much is expected (paraphrased)."
    I was rebuking your claim that there was not one single scripture which supported the notion that believing in Jesus was necessary for salvation.

I have provided you with one from Jesus’ own mouth.
  10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 15:27
    @divegeester said
    I thought so...so therefore, according to your previous posts, Jesus is essential for salvation. Seeing as you acknowledged his deity and also said that salvation was found through seeking and finding god. As Jesus is your god you have proved your own thread premise to be incorrect.
    Think as you wish. 🙂
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 15:33
    @kingdavid403 said
    Think as you wish. 🙂
    It’s not what I think, it’s there in your posts, written by yourself!
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 15:381 edit
    @divegeester said
    I saw rebuking your claim that there was not one single scripture which supported the notion that believing in Jesus was necessary for salvation.

I have provided you with one from Jesus’ own mouth.
    Jesus was talking to the Jews whom He was walking and talking with. " To him who is given much, much is expected."
    If one believes in God, then they believe in Jesus. Correct? Context.
    I never said there was not one scripture that supported the notion, I said there was not one scripture that said believing in Jesus was a requirement for salvation (there are a few that come across that way).
    For the Jews that He walked and talked with, and physically preached to in the flesh for three+ years, I would assume much more is expected of them. This is complete rejection of Jesus or God, your choice. What's your thoughts on this?
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 15:422 edits
    @divegeester said
    It’s not what I think, it’s there in your posts, written by yourself!
    Read them again, all of them. Study them some. You're wrong.
    My points here are this: anyone can come to God as they are. If one is diligently seeking God, then they are seeking Jesus, because there is only one God. 🙂 If one is diligently seeking God, Jesus will lead them down the best path for them in their beliefs, and USE them to bring as many people to Him as possible. Once someone diligently seeks God (with their heart) they are bought and paid for by Jesus at that moment no matter what their belief systems are at that moment. Jesus is the One and only God; and, if anyone is diligently seeking God out with their heart, that would be Jesus no matter what their finite mind now thinks.
  14. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 15:573 edits
    @divegeester said
    But in another thread you said you were convinced of the complete authenticity of the Bible as the word of God.

Once again you contradict yourself old boy.
    You stopped right were I said next: "Either way, I believe it to be scriptures."
    Now, I enjoy having conversations with you; as iron sharpens iron. Also, I know I'm not perfect by any means; and, I need all of you as brothers and sisters in Christ. However, if you keep attempting to put words in my mouth and changing the context and words of what I write, the conversations will end; with you, Old Chap.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 16:19
    @kingdavid403 said
    Jesus was talking to the Jews whom He was walking and talking with. " To him who is given much, much is expected."
    If one believes in God, then they believe in Jesus. Correct? Context.
    I never said there was not one scripture that supported the notion, I said there was not one scripture that said believing in Jesus was a requirement for salvation (there are a few t ...[text shortened]... ed of them. This is complete rejection of Jesus or God, your choice. What's your thoughts on this?
    I don’t really know what you’re on about. What does this even mean for example? What are you on about.
    ”Jesus was talking to the Jews whom He was walking and talking with.”

You said there were a absolutely NO scriptures saying that believing in Jesus was necessary for salvation...and I’ve just given you one where Jesus himself states exactly and concisely that belief in him IS necessary.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree