1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 16:201 edit
    @kingdavid403 said
    You stopped right were I said next: "Either way, I believe it to be scriptures."
    Now, I enjoy having conversations with you; as iron sharpens iron. Also, I know I'm not perfect by any means; and, I need all of you as brothers and sisters in Christ. However, if you keep attempting to put words in my mouth and changing the context and words of what I write, the conversations will end; with you, Old Chap.
    Either way you admit that scripture in the bible is the infallible word of God.

And if you aren’t trying to move the intellectual goalposts, then why give a preamble about such and such “not appearing in the oldest manuscripts”?

Make your mind up. And if you don’t want to discuss it with me then don’t. But don’t threaten me with a sulk!
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 16:221 edit
    @divegeester said
    Either way you admit that scripture in the bible is the infallible word of God.
    The Word of God. God breathed, God inspired, etc. I usually don't threaten; and, I'm not in this case.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 16:23
    @kingdavid403 said
    The Word of God. God breathed, God inspired, etc.
    Well then, I refer you back the post I made on the previous page before you got upset with me.
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 16:281 edit
    @divegeester said
    Well then, I refer you back the post I made on the previous page before you got upset with me.
    Well, when you sit here and accuse me of first claiming all scriptures to be true, and then claim that I'm now saying they are not, when you end quoting me right before I said: "either way, I believe these to be authentic scriptures" then yes, it upset me. I'll look for the post you're referring to; a little help or reference would be nice, as there are many.
  5. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 16:409 edits
    @divegeester said
    I don’t really know what you’re on about. What does this even mean for example? What are you on about.
    ”Jesus was talking to the Jews whom He was walking and talking with.”

You said there were a absolutely NO scriptures saying that believing in Jesus was necessary for salvation...and I’ve just given you one where Jesus himself states exactly and concisely that belief in him IS necessary.
    I’ve just given you one where Jesus himself states exactly and concisely that belief in him IS necessary.
    You're giving a scripture where Jesus is personally and physically preaching and talking with the Jews of that day. Had been for over three years now. So yes, you're correct. These Jews needed to believe in Him or die in their sins: and, most of them soon murdered Jesus. My bad. Does not mean it apply s to everyone else after that. And, this is a much different case than those that have never known Jesus. There is no scripture or scriptures that require new believers in God, that require them accepting Jesus as Lord and savior for salvation. Don't get me wrong, it's great if one does and salvation is assured.
    If one comes to God believing that He exists, and they diligently seek Him out with their heart, they are saved at that moment and nothing else is required at that time. Jesus paid. Muslims, Hindu, Buddhist's etc.
    Do you think Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc are Saved? If they are diligently seeking God? I'd like an answer to this one as you've past it a couple times already.
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 17:531 edit
    @KingDavid403
    [Romans 9:15 NKJV] 15 For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion."
    [Rom 9:16, 18 NKJV] 16 So then [it is] not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. ... 18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.

[Exo 33:19 NKJV] 19 Then He said, "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

[Exo 34:6 NKJV] 6 And the LORD passed before him and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth,

[Mic 7:18 NKJV] 18 Who [is] a God like You, Pardoning iniquity And passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights [in] mercy.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 18:44
    I have to agree with dj and dive that OP's position is logically contradictory.

If God and Jesus are the exact same being, it is impossible to believe in one without also believing in the other.
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 18:493 edits
    @bigdoggproblem said

If God and Jesus are the exact same being, it is impossible to believe in one without also believing in the other.
    My point exactly. Thank you. 🙂 And, we're talking about a requirement for salvation. Not about our belief s other than that. Thanks for the response.
    Edit: Whom are you claiming are the ones who do not believe in Jesus? at all? Any religious sects you can think of etc? Even most Atheists believe He was a great man who lived and had great wisdom etc.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 20:48
    @kingdavid403 said
    Well, when you sit here and accuse me of first claiming all scriptures to be true, and then claim that I'm now saying they are not, when you end quoting me right before I said: "either way, I believe these to be authentic scriptures" then yes, it upset me. I'll look for the post you're referring to; a little help or reference would be nice, as there are many.
    You need to make your mind up Sir.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 20:49
    @kingdavid403 said
    So yes, you're correct.
    Thank you.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 20:50
    @bigdoggproblem said

Indeed.
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 20:573 edits
    @divegeester said
    Thank you.
    I see you have conceded because you have NOTHING. LOL...
    Belief in Jesus (at first), or accepting Jesus as ones Savior, is NOT a requirement for salvation. 🙂
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 21:092 edits
    @divegeester said
    You need to make your mind up Sir.
    Oh, I've made up my mind about your complete lies and false witness. Trust me.
    "You will know them by their fruits."
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 22:02
    @divegeester said
    I thought so...so therefore, according to your previous posts, Jesus is essential for salvation. Seeing as you acknowledged his deity and also said that salvation was found through seeking and finding god. As Jesus is your god you have proved your own thread premise to be incorrect.
    I feel that I must go along with you here, as well as your John 8 quote.

Yes, I believe that belief in Jesus is necessary for salvation. How can it not be?
  15. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 22:174 edits
    @suzianne said
    I feel that I must go along with you here, as well as your John 8 quote.

Yes, I believe that belief in Jesus is necessary for salvation. How can it not be?
    Thanks for your opinion and adding to the discussion.
    In my opinion,
    How can it not be?
    Because they don't know Jesus; yet anyway. However, they know there's a God, He's Good and Holy, and they diligently are seeking Him. Do you not think Jesus has them saved at this point? This is my point; period. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Since they're truly seeking after God, even tho they don't know Jesus, If they died right then, do you think Jesus saved them? Anyone?
    Edit: Don't forget those in the Old Testament.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree