Does one need to believe in Jesus for salvation.

Does one need to believe in Jesus for salvation.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
100% correct. However, people can still be saved by Jesus even if they do not know Him; correct?
There is nothing in scripture to support that.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@divegeester said
I’m going by what you’ve previously posted which are your assumptions of what that text means.
No, you're lying and posting what you want others to think my position is, so you can feel like you've made me a fool and that you have won this debate.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20
1 edit

@divegeester said
There is nothing in scripture to support that.
Nothing except God is a perfect judge, all Loving, merciful, willing to always forgive.
There's also nothing in scripture that does not support my position.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
No, you're lying and posting what you want others to think my position is, so you can feel like you've made me a fool and that you have won this debate.
What you posted about the scripture quoting Jesus is your assumption. You are making assumptions of what it means. Therefore I said “so, you assume...”

It’s not an insult.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
Nothing except God is a perfect judge, all Loving, merciful, willing to always forgive.
There's also nothing in scripture that does not support my position.
Correct there is nothing in scripture which supports your supposition. If there is then please post it.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@divegeester said
What you posted about the scripture quoting Jesus is your assumption. You are making assumptions of what it means. Therefore I said “so, you assume...”

It’s not an insult.
And, the same could be exactly said for you also.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@divegeester said
Correct there is nothing in scripture which supports your supposition. If there is then please post it.
So tell us of the Old Testament Great Prophets and others? Enoch and Elijah never even saw death. Please share using scriptures on how these got salvation hundreds and thousands of years before Christ.
Also, there were many solitary tribes, and people, who kept the message of God, and Christ, alive even without ever reading a Bible; or the translations that we have today anyway. Some of this was done by their people writing their versions of the Gospel. Such as, the gospel of Thomas, Peter, Mary, etc. Even tho their Gospels were far from perfect, they did convey the message of Christ and what He has done for us.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
And, the same could be exactly said for you also.
Really?
Ok please be specific?

Moves
11 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
So tell us of the Old Testament Great Prophets and others? Enoch and Elijah never even saw death. Please share using scriptures on how these got salvation hundreds and thousands of years before Christ.
These men and there contemporaries were under the old covenant.

Will you consider it rude if I ask you if you understand the difference between the old and new covenants?

Moves
11 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
Also, there were many solitary tribes, and people, who kept the message of God, and Christ, alive even without ever reading a Bible; or the translations that we have today anyway. Some of this was done by their people writing their versions of the Gospel. Such as, the gospel of Thomas, Peter, Mary, etc. Even tho their Gospels were far from perfect, they did convey the message of Christ and what He has done for us.
So you don’t have an biblical scripture to support your assertion?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20
2 edits

@divegeester said
So you don’t have an biblical scripture to support your assertion?
"So tell us of the Old Testament Great Prophets and others? Enoch and Elijah never even saw death. Please share using scriptures on how these got salvation hundreds and thousands of years before Christ."
I'll bump this question for you this one last time. We will not have conversations until you have answered this question. I've answered all yours; and, you have not answered one of mine yet.
My question answers yours (in my current opinion anyway).

Moves
11 Jul 20
2 edits

@kingdavid403 said
"So tell us of the Old Testament Great Prophets and others? Enoch and Elijah never even saw death. Please share using scriptures on how these got salvation hundreds and thousands of years before Christ."
I'll bump this question for you this one last time. We will not have conversations until you have answered this question. I've answered all yours; and, you have not answered one of mine yet.
My question answers yours (in my current opinion anyway).
I have answered it, they were under the old covenant, law.
Did you not see my post above?

Either way, there are no scriptures to support this notion you have floated that a person can be saved without believing in Jesus Christ. But there a lots of scriptures saying that a person does have to believe in Jesus Christ.

I’ve given you two rock solid ones.

Do you have any to support your position?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20
2 edits

@divegeester said

Will you consider it rude if I ask you if you understand the difference between the old and new covenants?

Did any of them live up to the Old Covenant?

Yes.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
These men and there contemporaries were under the old covenant.['b]

Did any of them live up to the Old Covenant?

[b]Will you consider it rude if I ask you if you understand the difference between the old and new covenants?

Yes.
I don’t know where you are going with this, nowhere it seems.

Using the old covenant to argue against the new covenant is bizarre. Why are you doing it?

Moves
11 Jul 20

@KingDavid403

There are no scriptures to support this notion you have floated that a person can be saved without believing in Jesus Christ. But there a lots of scriptures saying that a person does have to believe in Jesus Christ.

I’ve given you two rock solid ones.

Do you have any to support your position?