Do we need God to make sense of life?

Do we need God to make sense of life?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Since it’s obvious you refuse to answer that simple Yes or No question, there’s no point in continuing.
If you feel there’s no point in continuing, then so be it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@fmf said
As I say, see the top of page 8.
And you think the top of page 8 answers this question?

“Do you at least acknowledge that you made choices in how much to cultivate and grow in your relationship with God before you became an atheist?”

You know - and obviously I know as well - that the top of page 8 doesn’t answer that question.

As you’re so fond of saying,

Dodge noted.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@fmf said
If you feel there’s no point in continuing, then so be it.
No point in continuing because you won’t answer a simple Yes or No question, which is obviously your right.

But don’t claim you tackle questions “head on” when you obviously don’t.

I see a lot of waffling, a lot of tap dancing, a big ol’ smokescreen and a lot of red herrings.

Have a good day/evening.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
No point in continuing because you won’t answer a simple Yes or No question, which is obviously your right.
As for what went on when I was a Christian or during the period my faith slipped away, what I did to "cultivate" or what I did not "cultivate", or what I did to "grow" or what I didn't do to "grow" something, all that personal information, it is none of your business.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
But don’t claim you tackle questions “head on” when you obviously don’t.
Both of us have stated that we will only reveal personal information when we want to, if any.

I note that you mentioned my wife nearly dying earlier on this page. I did talk about it in the context of how it was a stern test of my lack of belief. I did reveal that personal information.

So now we will see if you decide to keep mentioning my wife nearly dying over and over and over and over and over again in the weeks ahead.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Do you at least acknowledge that you made choices in how much to cultivate and grow in your relationship with God before you became an atheist?
Please see the top of page 8.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@fmf said
As for what went on when I was a Christian or during the period my faith slipped away, what I did "cultivate" or what I did not "cultivate", or what I did "grow" or what I didn't "grow", all that personal information, it is none of your business.
Never asked for personal information - you’re being dishonest in implying I did.

I simply asked for a Yes or No answer to this question:

“Do you at least acknowledge that you made choices in how much to cultivate and grow in your relationship with God before you became an atheist?”

This question forces you to acknowledge that you bear some responsibility for your loss of faith, which is why I think you won’t answer it. You want complete absolution for abandoning the faith.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@fmf said
Both of us have stated that we will only reveal personal information when we want to, if any.

I note that you mentioned my wife nearly dying earlier on this page. I did talk about it in the context of how it was a stern test of my lack of belief. I did reveal that personal information.

So now we will see if you decide to keep mentioning my wife nearly dying over and over and over and over and over again in the weeks ahead.
Why would I?

Are you angry and resorting to pool whizzing now, like you usually do when you’re losing an argument?

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Do you at least acknowledge that you made choices in how much to cultivate and grow in your relationship with God before you became an atheist?
For my response to this see my last post on page 7. And my third post on page 8. I gave you a bum steer about "the top of page 8" earlier.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
This question forces you to acknowledge that you bear some responsibility for your loss of faith, which is why I think you won’t answer it. You want complete absolution for abandoning the faith.
See my post at the top of page 8. I've got the page number right this time.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Why would I?
Perhaps because of your character or the persona you have here.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You want complete absolution for abandoning the faith.
No, I don't. I am not "guilty of anything. This idea that I want "complete absolution" is something you are projecting on to me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@fmf said
Perhaps because of your character or the persona you have here.
Are you angry and resorting to pool whizzing now, like you usually do when you’re losing an argument?

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Never asked for personal information - you’re being dishonest in implying I did.
You get to define what is personal information from your life. It is your prerogative. I am not entitled to know anything personal that you choose not to share or discuss. The same applies to me.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
On what do you base your atheism?

Certainly not logic, as the existence of God cannot be disproven.

Is it just a feeling?
The existence of God is 'a feeling,' a human attempt to explain the unexplainable, to make the world a less scary place, to deal with the realization of mortality, of finality.

Yes, my atheism is based on logic, on human reasoning. I have discounted the above, even though we don't currently have all the answers. I don't know the square root of 234543.43 but know enough to reject your answer of 5.

Myths belong in the past. They are of no value as we venture into the future.