Do we need God to make sense of life?

Do we need God to make sense of life?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Your refusal to accept responsibility for your loss of faith - which you claim “happened to” you - is why I used the word “absolve.”
I take full responsibility for what I believed when I was a Christian. I take full responsibility for whatever I believed during the five-year process as my faith slipped away. I take full responsibility for what I believe now. I do not need to be absolved of anything.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
@FMF

<<Do you at least acknowledge that you made choices in how much to cultivate and grow in your relationship with God before you became an atheist?>>
You already have my response to this attempt get me to give you personal details about what I did or didn't do when I was a Christian.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Seems like you feel cornered again and are again claiming it was all discussed before while you start pool whizzing.
How hard I struggled to hang on to my faith or how little I did; how many days and weeks and months of contemplation or how few there were; how many people I went to for counsel or how few there were; how many conversations into the night I had about it or how few I had; how much I prayed or how little I did; none of it is any of your business.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@fmf said
You already have my response to this attempt get me to give you personal details about what I did or didn't do when I was a Christian.
No such attempt.

Answer Yes or No to this simple Yes or No question, and you won’t hear another word from me on the subject of your faith and your loss of faith.

This simple Yes or No question reveals your refusal to accept responsibility for your faith, which you say “happened to” you, and your loss of faith, which you presumably think also “happened to” you.

<<Do you at least acknowledge that you made choices in how much to cultivate and grow in your relationship with God before you became an atheist?>>

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Do you at least acknowledge that you made choices in how much to cultivate and grow in your relationship with God before you became an atheist?
I don't care if you copy-paste the same text a hundred times, I have already responded. See my post above.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
This simple Yes or No question reveals your refusal to accept responsibility for your faith, which you say “happened to” you, and your loss of faith, which you presumably think also “happened to” you.
See the top of page 8.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Answer Yes or No to this simple Yes or No question, and you won’t hear another word from me on the subject of your faith and your loss of faith.
Feel free to stop whenever you want.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@fmf said
How hard I struggled to hang on to my faith or how little I did; how many days and weeks and months of contemplation or how few there were; how many people I went to for counsel or how few there were; how many conversations into the night I had about it or how few I had; how much I prayed or how little I did; none of it is any of your business.
Well you seem quite willing to publicize your heroic decision to not pray to Jesus while your wife was in the hospital and you obviously enjoy talking about yourself so your sudden shyness is bewildering.

And, despite your dishonest claims to the contrary, I have not asked you (nor would I ask you,) a single question about “how hard (you) struggled to hang on to (your) faith or how little (you) did; how many days and weeks and months of contemplation or how few there were; how many people (you) went to for counsel or how few there were; how many conversations into the night (you) had about it or how few (you) had; how much (you) prayed or how little (you) did.”

All of that is a smokescreen and a red herring to avoid answering a simple Yes or No question that reveals you don’t think you bear any responsibility for your loss of faith.

And the major reason I wouldn’t ask you about any of those activities you cited is I wouldn’t believe your answers

I find you to be an individual who lies for the most mundane of reasons - to save face.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@fmf said
I don't care if you copy-paste the same text a hundred times, I have already responded. See my post above.
That is not a response to the question I asked, and it’s very revealing that you choose not to answer that simple Yes or No question.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Well you seem quite willing to publicize your heroic decision to not pray to Jesus while your wife was in the hospital and you obviously enjoy talking about yourself so your sudden shyness is bewildering.
It wasn't "heroic". It was indicative.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@fmf said
Feel free to stop whenever you want.
Since it’s obvious you refuse to answer that simple Yes or No question, there’s no point in continuing.

But you certainly didn’t tackle that question head-on. Instead you tap danced around it.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
All of that is a smokescreen and a red herring to avoid answering a simple Yes or No question that reveals you don’t think you bear any responsibility for your loss of faith.
As I say, see the top of page 8.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
And the major reason I wouldn’t ask you about any of those activities you cited is I wouldn’t believe your answers
Noted. This is good to know.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Since it’s obvious you refuse to answer that simple Yes or No question, there’s no point in continuing.
See my last post on page 7. And my third post on page 8.