1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 16:56
    @fmf said
    Whether I did "cultivate" it or whether I did not "cultivate" it ~ or whether I did "grow" it or whether I didn't "grow" it ~ is none of your business.
    You’ve answered my question to my satisfaction.

No need to continue.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 16:59
    @pb1022 said
    Good. Like I have been saying, what I decided to do and what I didn't decide to do about what I was going through ~ how hard I struggled to hang on to my faith or how little I did ~ how many days and weeks and months of contemplation or how few there were ~ how many people I went to for counsel or how few there were ~ how many conversations into the night I had about it or how few I had ~ how much I prayed or how little I did ~ all this personal information, absolutely none of it is any of your business.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 17:132 edits
    @pb1022 said
    <<Faith is your bag, not mine.>>

No, it’s your bag too.

You have faith that life came from non-life, that consciousness came from mindlessness and that order came from chaos.

<<My understanding is knowledge and evidence-based,>>

See above.

<<and I'm open to modifying this understanding when new information comes along.>>

As long as that new information doesn’ ...[text shortened]... statement is absurd. Even secular Biblical scholars believe Jesus Christ existed and was crucified.
    Give me one tangible piece of evidence, here in this thread, to evidence the resurrection of Christ. Just one.

Something that matches the tangibility of a fossil or a dinosaur bone.

Yes, you can say Bob Jones saw it happen, or Bob Jones wrote down at the time that it happened, but I could do the same with Fred Clark and his witnessing of the Yeti. None of that is evidence. It is merely words of other men, often with their own agenda at play.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 17:32
    @pb1022 said

No need to continue.
    But he said this to you pages and pages and pages ago, and you weren’t satisfied then.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 18:43
    @divegeester said
    But he said this to you pages and pages and pages ago, and you weren’t satisfied then.
    His continued refusal to answer my question actually answers my question.

Sorry that flew over your head at the height of a 747.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 18:44
    @divegeester said
    Whoooosh

💨💨✈️

👨🏼
  7. Standard memberPaladin I
    LEROYBROWN
    south side of chitow
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 15:30
    more psuedo wisdom
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 15:411 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Give me one tangible piece of evidence, here in this thread, to evidence the resurrection of Christ. Just one.

Something that matches the tangibility of a fossil or a dinosaur bone.

Yes, you can say Bob Jones saw it happen, or Bob Jones wrote down at the time that it happened, but I could do the same with Fred Clark and his witnessing of the Yeti. None of that is evidence. It is merely words of other men, often with their own agenda at play.
    I'd say all the documentation through the centuries talking about this guy who should have been a forgotten figure in time, from the gospels to the changing of the world through Him, is a biggie. It is enormous that people who knew Him wrote about what they beheld and rather die than recant their stories. Almost all world religions acknowledge Him in one way or another; how we view time BC/AD. Large numbers of institutes of higher learning were founded due to this guy's impact on the world, even if they are now drifting off in materialism.

He was born among animals because they had no place, by parents who had Him out of wedlock according to the story, grew up, and had a three-year ministry, He persecuted and was killed by the religious leaders of the day and the Romans as was countless others, why did He stand out? People come and go, but there is Jesus.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 03:25
    @fmf said
    Q: Do we need God to make sense of life?

Thoughts?
    Without God you wouldn't have a life.

The rest of your post and this thread is all blah blah blah.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 03:54
    @josephw said
    Without God you wouldn't have a life.
    Regardless of whether or not that is true, people with theist beliefs and people without theist beliefs are able to make sense of their lives. For theists, this "sense" [purpose, structure, meaning] will often come from their religious beliefs. However, people without theist beliefs are also able to define their own purpose, structure, and meaning.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 03:58
    @fmf said
    Regardless of whether or not that is true, people with theist beliefs and people without theist beliefs are able to make sense of their lives. For theists, this "sense" [purpose, structure, meaning] will often come from their religious beliefs. However, people without theist beliefs are also able to define their own purpose, structure, and meaning.
    You’re not acknowledging that God helps believers overcome adversity and get through difficult times.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 03:58
    @fmf said
    If here is all there is, you have a point, and if there is more and it lasts throughout eternity, this life is nothing compared to that which is coming.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 03:59
    @kellyjay said
    If here is all there is, you have a point, and if there is more and it lasts throughout eternity, this life is nothing compared to that which is coming.
    If believing this helps you to make sense of life, then so be it.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 04:00
    @fmf said
    Regardless of whether or not that is true, people with theist beliefs and people without theist beliefs are able to make sense of their lives.
    To what end?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 04:03

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree