1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 06:29
    @fmf said
    I have never met a Christian whose beliefs didn't give them a sense of purpose, structure and meaning in their lives.
    That’s not what you initially said. You said that was the reason they believed in God, and I have yet to meet a Christian who believes in God for the reason (to make sense of his or her life) you falsely attributed to them.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 06:32
    @FMF

Go back and read your posts beginning at the top of page 12 in this thread.

It’s clear what you were claiming, and what you were claiming is false.

Don’t presume to know the reason people believe in God because you don’t know the reason and are pushing your erroneous beliefs onto other people and falsely claiming they have those beliefs.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 06:33
    @pb1022 said
    You said that was the reason they believed in God, and I have yet to meet a Christian who believes in God for the reason (to make sense of his or her life) you falsely attributed to them.
    People's belief in God, and beliefs about themselves stemming from that faith, give their lives meaning. I have never met a religious person for whom this isn't so.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 06:35
    @pb1022 said
    Don’t presume to know the reason people believe in God because you don’t know the reason and are pushing your erroneous beliefs onto other people and falsely claiming they have those beliefs.
    To my way of thinking, belief in God is rooted in psychology and anthropology.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 06:36
    @pb1022 said
    You’re not acknowledging that God helps believers overcome adversity and get through difficult times.
    I have acknowledged that belief in God helps believers overcome adversity and get through difficult times in their lives on countless occasions.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 06:46
    @fmf said
    People's belief in God, and beliefs about themselves stemming from that faith, give their lives meaning. I have never met a religious person for whom this isn't so.
    This isn’t what you initially claimed.

You initially claimed that was the reason they believed in God and you’re wrong.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 06:47
    @pb1022 said
    You initially claimed that was the reason they believed in God and you’re wrong.
    I've never met a Christian - or any theist - whose beliefs did not give them a sense of purpose, structure and meaning in their lives.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 06:48
    @fmf said
    To my way of thinking, belief in God is rooted in psychology and anthropology.
    Right. To *your* way of thinking.

Stop pushing .*your* way of thinking onto believers and claiming it’s *their* way of thinking too.

State what you believe - not what people you don’t know believe.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 06:491 edit
    @pb1022 said
    This isn’t what you initially claimed.
    I think religious faith fulfils a need that many humans have.

Thread 191639
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 06:50
    @fmf said
    I've never met a Christian - or any theist - whose beliefs did not give them a sense of purpose, structure and meaning in their lives.
    And now you’re going to repeat this over and over again because you’ve been caught (yet again) pushing a falsehood in this forum and you refuse to acknowledge that.

Have a good night/day 👋
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 06:50
    @pb1022 said
    Right. To *your* way of thinking.Stop pushing .*your* way of thinking onto believers and claiming it’s *their* way of thinking too.
    All anyone is doing here is sharing their perspective. I am not "pushing" any beliefs on anyone.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 06:52
    @pb1022 said
    And now you’re going to repeat this over and over again because you’ve been caught (yet again) pushing a falsehood in this forum and you refuse to acknowledge that.
    I haven't been "pushing a falsehood". I have been expressing a point of view that you disagree with.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 11:15
    @fmf said
    What we believe in, not our faith, gives us meaning in life; if it were just what we believed because we believed, it would all be us, and we would be talking about our faith in faith.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 11:21
    @kellyjay said
    What we believe in, not our faith, gives us meaning in life; if it were just what we believed because we believed, it would all be us, and we would be talking about our faith in faith.
    I believe that your faith in Jesus gives your life meaning. My Muslim neighbours' faith gives their lives meaning. I don't have faith in Jesus, nor do I have faith in the Muslim version of the Abrahamic God, so it's other things that give my life meaning.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree