Do any ideas expressed on this forum qualify as

Do any ideas expressed on this forum qualify as "evil"?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Sep 22

@divegeester said
I acknowledge your inability to address the most basic of questions.
If the text doesn’t make it clear why do you think I would know?

IP

Moves
08 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
I see it as we are reaping what we sow. Before the fall everything pointed towards
life, after the fall it all points towards death. Do you see evil, or do you think that
it's something we make up?
"I see it as we are reaping what we sow."

So, finally, a straight answer, for which I suppose I should be grateful. 'It' is innocent lives being made miserable and painful (according to your beliefs) by your loving and merciful god. I haven't read the bible since I was about eight years old, but isn't there something in there about "offending these little ones, and millstones around necks"? And yet there is your god, 'offending' them before they are even born. Such hypocrisy, and yet you can't see it, can you??

'Evil' is one word which we use to define morally repugnant acts, such as murder of innocents, rape, child molestation and abuse, (I refer you to your god for that one) , and so on, so yes, I see 'evil', and do none of the above, any more than I assume do you.

You ramble on about moral compasses, which by dint of reading this forum I think is not a useful analogy, but if it's one you wish to use then I think you should take a long, hard look at yours; it's leading you up the garden path to that great pile of rubbish (garbage) at the end of the garden, and the sooner it's burned and gone forever the better place the world will be.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Sep 22

@indonesia-phil said
"I see it as we are reaping what we sow."

So, finally, a straight answer, for which I suppose I should be grateful. 'It' is innocent lives being made miserable and painful (according to your beliefs) by your loving and merciful god. I haven't read the bible since I was about eight years old, but isn't there something in there about "offending these little ones, and ...[text shortened]... e end of the garden, and the sooner it's burned and gone forever the better place the world will be.
According to your beliefs what is going on, is it nothing but the natural order of
things? It is still the same set of facts we are talking about, the universe does not
alter itself when someone professes your stance or mine does it? The distinction
you are making with your judgment calls looking at the pain and suffering is that
it has nothing to do with morals, or does it?

Finally a straight answer, please, if I say reap what we sow, or consequences for
our actions, it is the same thing. We pollute our gene pool then we have a
polluted gene pool and it gets carried from generation to generation.

Your point of view on this is, like Dawkin's maybe, no rhyme or reason, DNA is
what it is and we dance to its music?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
If the text doesn’t make it clear why do you think I would know?
The “text” was your post, your woolly assertion which I was replying to and dissecting.

As usual you are in an intellectual corner of your own making; underpants at ankles, thumb in mouth, unable to reciprocate with any honesty.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Sep 22

@divegeester said
The “text” was your post, your woolly assertion which I was replying to and dissecting.

As usual you are in an intellectual corner of your own making; underpants at ankles, thumb in mouth, unable to reciprocate with any honesty.
The text is scripture dive, it doesn't tell why God allowed that to occur. Pay
attention, grade school insults may feel good to you, but they play no part in
a serious discussion as crucial as evil, they only show how completely
unserious you truly are.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
unserious you truly are.
A mocker is in danger of hell, right.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
unserious you truly are.
The “text” is your words KellyJay not “scripture.
Try to keep up!!

Here’s what you said and my question in reply.

@kellyjay said
I see it as we are reaping what we sow. Before the fall everything pointed towards life, after the fall it all points towards death.

My reply and question
If everything before the fall “pointed towards life” (whatever that means), then why was the serpent permitted access to the Garden of Eden?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Sep 22

@divegeester said
The “text” is your words KellyJay not “scripture.
Try to keep up!!

Here’s what you said and my question in reply.

@kellyjay said
I see it as we are reaping what we sow. Before the fall everything pointed towards life, after the fall it all points towards death.

My reply and question
If everything before the fall “pointed towards life” (whatever that means), then why was the serpent permitted access to the Garden of Eden?
Exactly what in anything I said or do you read in scripture tells us why God allowed the serpent in the garden?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Sep 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Exactly what in anything I said or do you read in scripture tells us why God allowed the serpent in the garden?
Stop being such an intellectual weasel and just address the question.

You made the assertion: “everything before the fall “pointed towards life”

So I’m therefore asking you… then why was the serpent permitted access to the Garden of Eden?

Moves
10 Sep 22

@divegeester said

So I’m therefore asking you… then why was the serpent permitted access to the Garden of Eden?
Because he paid @Russ double? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Sep 22

@divegeester said
Stop being such an intellectual weasel and just address the question.

You made the assertion: “everything before the fall “pointed towards life”

The reason I said everything pointed to life that was the design, and God’s command be fruitful and multiply.

After the fall that changed.

Why God permitted the serpent into the garden it doesn’t say. Your repeatedly asking a question no one can answer, isn’t going to change that.

Do you claim to know?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Sep 22
2 edits

@kellyjay said
The reason I said everything pointed to life that was the design, and God’s command be fruitful and multiply.

After the fall that changed.

Why God permitted the serpent into the garden it doesn’t say. Your repeatedly asking a question no one can answer, isn’t going to change that.

Do you claim to know?
As the serpent was permitted into the garden by god, then clearly your claim “everything pointed towards life” is incorrect.

Edit: it’s only taken 8 determined posts to get you to this!!

Moves
10 Sep 22

@divegeester said
A mocker is in danger of hell, right.
Tell it to @BigDogg, little mister crikey-pants.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Sep 22

Me so horny for you Mr dive

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Sep 22

@divegeester said
As the serpent was permitted into the garden by god, then clearly your claim “everything pointed towards life” is incorrect.

Edit: it’s only taken 8 determined posts to get you to this!!
Did it point to death?