1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Sep '22 16:20
    @divegeester said
    As I’ve said to you dozens of times, I’m aware of what you believe and why you believe it. What I’m showing you, in my previous post, is that part of what you believe is utterly incomprehensible and nonsensical.
    You telling me your thoughts on any matter only shows me how you think, what
    you think is right and wrong. When it comes to scripture or even logic you have
    to do more than that, with scripture show me where I'm wrong, simply telling me
    you find my interpretation is wrong keeps the conversation totally about what
    you think, nothing more!

You and the serpent spend a lot of time saying to me and others did God really
    say that as you question the text of scripture.

Jesus when tempted by the devil, simply quoted scripture in context to dispel the
    devil's misuse of scripture. You and the devil are quite good at questioning the
    Word of God, trying to get people to doubt what it clearly says but you have yet
    to show with scripture the proper way to interpret it, to show not only me, but
    others how I and they are wrong when we disagree with you.

Blowing off a whole statement as incomprehensible and nonsensical without being
    able to show why only shows how scripture is incomprehensible and nonsensical
    to you, otherwise, you'd clear up any disagreements by sharing the proper way to
    look at the text. Can you show the proper way, or is it all very incomprehensible to
    you?

Do you feel the need to respond with more grade school insults, or can you man
    up and deal with the text as it is written, showing me the proper way to deal with it,
    or are you still left with you dislike what I am saying, and must leave it at that, not
    being able to show why I'm wrong?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '22 17:46
    @kellyjay said
    You telling me your thoughts on any matter only shows me how you think, what
    you think is right and wrong. When it comes to scripture or even logic you have
    to do more than that, with scripture show me where I'm wrong, simply telling me
    you find my interpretation is wrong keeps the conversation totally about what
    you think, nothing more!

You and the serpent spend a lo ...[text shortened]... with you dislike what I am saying, and must leave it at that, not
    being able to show why I'm wrong?
    Getting all pouty and pretending not to have read my posts just be.titles yourself Kellyjay.

Here’s the “logic”…

But I am interested in your earlier assertion that “before the fall everything was pointing towards life”; juxtaposed to your version/interpretation of an all knowing and all loving God then permitting the serpent to enter this situation of “pointing towards life” and causing all the hellish suffering which YOU claim is humanity’s fault???
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Sep '22 18:46
    @divegeester said
    Getting all pouty and pretending not to have read my posts just be.titles yourself Kellyjay.

Here’s the “logic”…

But I am interested in your earlier assertion that “before the fall everything was pointing towards life”; juxtaposed to your version/interpretation of an all knowing and all loving God then permitting the serpent to enter this situation of “ ...[text shortened]... nting towards life” and causing all the hellish suffering which YOU claim is humanity’s fault???
    You are telling us what God should have done if you were God, you are not looking
    at what the text in scripture does say, which is the Word of God, not the word of
    dive.

When God created there was only one thing in the creation story that God said was
    not good, and that was that man should be alone. At the end of the creation six
    days, it was all called very good, and in that time, every life that was created was
    given the ability to produce more life, it was all pointing towards life, not death.

Why God allowed the serpent to tell a lie is not stated, but what we know is they
    had enough knowledge to reject the lie. The serpent questioned the Word of God
    just like you do, the serpent told a lie, you will not surely die, and you dismiss the
    fate of all fallen men outside of Christ as not real, you will not surely go to hell.

Humanity's fault was not doing what they knew they were supposed to do, instead
    they wanted to be like God, so off they went and we are living with the results now,
    and you want to what, blame God, blame me?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '22 19:45
    @kellyjay said
    blame God, blame me?
    Lol … stop playing the victim KellyJay and just face up to the obvious, that what you believe, your doctrines of god’s sovereignty simply don’t match up with your doctrines on serpents and chucking people into hell.

If before the fall “everything pointed towards life” (your claim), then why did God allow the serpent in.

Clearly your claim “it all pointed toward life” is nonsense.
  5. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    10 Sep '22 21:08
    @kellyjay said
    Humanity's fault was not doing what they knew they were supposed to do, instead
    they wanted to be like God, so off they went and we are living with the results now,
    and you want to what, blame God, blame me?
    God knew what humanity would do because he is all knowing.
    The human creatures were set up to fail.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Sep '22 21:12
    @divegeester said
    Lol … stop playing the victim KellyJay and just face up to the obvious, that what you believe, your doctrines of god’s sovereignty simply don’t match up with your doctrines on serpents and chucking people into hell.

If before the fall “everything pointed towards life” (your claim), then why did God allow the serpent in.

Clearly your claim “it all pointed toward life” is nonsense.
    I am not the playing the victim here, I have to admit I am a sinner and need the grace of Jesus Christ. You are spewing out its God’s fault for allowing the serpent into the garden, just as Adam blamed God for putting Eve with him.

So you and the serpent question God’s Word and you like Adam want to blame God. You are playing the victim and cast blame towards God, because God didn’t do things the way you think they should have been done.

God who is eternal doesn’t meet your standards, so you find fault with God, this should be a red flag for you, if truth is found only in your opinion or God’s Word.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    10 Sep '22 23:30
    @kellyjay said
    According to your beliefs what is going on, is it nothing but the natural order of
    things? It is still the same set of facts we are talking about, the universe does not
    alter itself when someone professes your stance or mine does it? The distinction
    you are making with your judgment calls looking at the pain and suffering is that
    it has nothing to do with morals, or does ...[text shortened]... w on this is, like Dawkin's maybe, no rhyme or reason, DNA is
    what it is and we dance to its music?
    Yes, it is nothing but the natural order of things, and this has nothing to do with 'belief', rather lack of belief in any for me unbelievable and as we have already established and agreed unreasoned and unreasonable supernatural influence.

And no, of course nothing about the physical universe changes, whatever you and I may or may not believe, which is my point.

Nature is completely amoral, it doesn't care in the least how much pain and suffering an antelope endures when it gets eaten by a lion, or how much a child suffers when it is born with a painful affliction. Nature has no rhyme or reason, it's just nature being nature.

So are you now saying that 'we' pollute our gene pool, or do you still think your god does it? You can't have it both ways, as you so often wish to do; you are the very master of self - contradiction.

I've just got back to Indonesia from a visit to Vietnam, (Viet Nam to the locals) where for me a visit to the War Museum in Saigon (Sai Gon) (Now Ho Chi Minh city) was a traumatic experience. Apart from all of the pointless genocide, there were on display photos of malformed children and people who suffered next - generation physical malformations as a result of the use of Agent Orange as a chemical weapon by American troops. This is where moral issues come into the equation, and we judge the morals of such actions as we may. Perhaps you still think that your omnipotent god was responsible for the suffering inflicted by warfare, I rather think it was the chemical weapons, something which can be scientifically proven.

We are intelligent apes, with imagination enough to imagine supernatural beings, to be busy about the business of finding good ways to kill each other, and pollute the only planet that we can live on, and to make our own moral judgements. So, intelligence is as intelligence does, one might say, and as I've said before, I'm not one to deny anyone their beliefs, just don't try to present your beliefs as 'facts', because facts they ain't.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '22 23:46
    @kellyjay said
    I am not the playing the victim here, I have to admit I am a sinner and need the grace of Jesus Christ. You are spewing out its God’s fault for allowing the serpent into the garden, just as Adam blamed God for putting Eve with him.

So you and the serpent question God’s Word and you like Adam want to blame God. You are playing the victim and cast blame towards God, becau ...[text shortened]... t with God, this should be a red flag for you, if truth is found only in your opinion or God’s Word.
    I’m not “spewing out” anything, and I’m certainty not blaming god. You sound like sonship who was fond of equating his posts to the voice of god.

No, what I’m doing is unpicking your personal opinions about god, your doctrines.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Sep '22 00:03
    @divegeester said
    I’m not “spewing out” anything, and I’m certainty not blaming god. You sound like sonship who was fond of equating his posts to the voice of god.

No, what I’m doing is unpicking your personal opinions about god, your doctrines.
    You cannot say scripture shows God in a bad light and not be blaming God dive.
    Either it is the Word of God in which case your opinion of it, is just your opinion of
    it, or what you think is more important. The serpent and you cast slights against
    the Word, you blame God for allowing the serpent in the garden in the first place
    so you are taking away the guilt of Adam and Eve and putting it on God which is
    what Adam did, blamed God. Make up your mind, who are you blaming for what?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Sep '22 01:01
    @the-gravedigger said
    God knew what humanity would do because he is all knowing.
    The human creatures were set up to fail.
    We were created in God’s image with that comes the ability to love and to hate, for us to be authentic it required us to be able to make choices, or we would only be robotic, nothing real.

Would we be here if only choice-less beings were made? We were set up to be children of the most high God, when we failed miserably God entered into humanity and took on all pain, suffering, shame, guilt to redeem us, to set us up for overcoming victory by His loving kindness and grace. It isn’t like He set us up for failure without making a way back to Him.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Sep '22 01:04
    @indonesia-phil said
    Yes, it is nothing but the natural order of things, and this has nothing to do with 'belief', rather lack of belief in any for me unbelievable and as we have already established and agreed unreasoned and unreasonable supernatural influence.

And no, of course nothing about the physical universe changes, whatever you and I may or may not believe, which is my point. ...[text shortened]... y anyone their beliefs, just don't try to present your beliefs as 'facts', because facts they ain't.
    So you are complaining about something you don’t have a problem with being good or bad?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Sep '22 02:02
    @kellyjay said
    You cannot say scripture shows God in a bad light and not be blaming God dive.
    Correct.

What I’m doing is showing that your ideas, claims and doctrines “show god in a bad light” kellyjay.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Sep '22 02:17
    @divegeester said
    Correct.

What I’m doing is showing that your ideas, claims and doctrines “show god in a bad light” kellyjay.
    You think I am not interpreting scriptures correctly than share please the proper interpretation, or is that something you can only say is incomprehensible or uninteresting? Making this conversation about nothing but your opinion about things you are not prepared to speak about directly.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Sep '22 02:55
    @kellyjay said
    You think I am not interpreting scriptures correctly than share please the proper interpretation, or is that something you can only say is incomprehensible or uninteresting? Making this conversation about nothing but your opinion about things you are not prepared to speak about directly.
    I’ve already shown you how some your doctrines claims and assertions are incomprehensible nonsense.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Sep '22 03:23
    @divegeester said
    I’ve already shown you how some your doctrines claims and assertions are incomprehensible nonsense.
    You don't understand, I get that, you don't understand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree