Deification of man

Deification of man

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Apr 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Jesus said let your yes be yes and your no be no.
And God is my witness to everything I think, say, do.
I first heard the phrase "organism of the Triune God" in Boston in 1974.
Then why did you ask Ghost of a Duke to provide a citation as to his source?

Surely if you read that very unusual phrase and thought to yourself “I remember that from way back...” then surely you would not have felt the need to challenge Ghost of a Duke to go and find the source?

It just doesn’t add up.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 21

@divegeester
Re-read several posts back and you'll see the full explanation I gave.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Apr 21

@sonship said
@divegeester
Re-read several posts back and you'll see the full explanation I gave.
Oh dear, sonship’s hollow lower abdominal cavity is exposed once again.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 21

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 21
4 edits

@divegeester

Surely if you read that very unusual phrase and thought to yourself “I remember that from way back...” then surely you would not have felt the need to challenge Ghost of a Duke to go and find the source?

It just doesn’t add up.

If you can get your mind back on Spirituality from male physical cavities for a moment, the answer is simple.

Asking him for a quoted source can be done for other reasons beside proving something was said. It could be for examining if in the mentioning of the phrase AMPLE accompanying discussion was offered to avoid misunderstanding.

THAT is why I asked him for a quotation.

"Oh, I don't remember !" is simply not the ONLY reason why I would request a quoted source.

I already acknowledged that I overlooked that he had given page numbers to a book in the OP. That was my mistake.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Apr 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

It just doesn’t add up.

If you can get your mind back on Spirituality from male physical cavities for a moment, the answer is simple.

...[text shortened]... nowledged that I overlooked that he had given page numbers to a book in the OP. That was my mistake.
Yeah ok.

Bored with you now...

F

Moves
07 Apr 21
1 edit

When reminded of this low-integrity debacle in, say, six months from now, sonship will almost certainly deny any knowledge or memory of it. And he may well be shown it. But then, six months after that, when he again denies any knowledge or memory of it, he will demand that he is shown proof that any of this happened and will suggest that, whoever is reminding him of it, is lying.

Moves
07 Apr 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

It just doesn’t add up.

...[text shortened]... nowledged that I overlooked that he had given page numbers to a book in the OP. That was my mistake.
Your very first response when hearing the words "organism of the Triune God Himself" was:

"Where did you lift those few words from?"

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Apr 21

@fmf said
When reminded of this low-integrity debacle in, say, six months from now, sonship will almost certainly deny any knowledge or memory of it. And he may well be shown it. But then, six months after that, when he again denies any knowledge or memory of it, he will demand that he is shown proof that any of this happened and will suggest that, whoever is reminding him of it, is lying.
I am sonship, and I changeth not....

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Apr 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Your very first response when hearing the words "organism of the Triune God Himself" was:

"Where did you lift those few words from?"
We all suspect he’s lying, it’s shameful.

😞

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Apr 21
4 edits

It's a pity sonship is hiding from this quote by Witness Lee, despite asking me to find it.

Watch and learn critics. If you cannot show from the Bible that a certain teaching is wrong, settle for the next best thing. Make a big issue about Witness Lee. At least that may have some emotional content to it with the suspicious.

'Ultimately, the church is a group of people who are in union with the Triune God and are mingled with the Triune God.

Remember. If you can't refute it from the Bible, just draw attention to Witness Lee.
That may score some emotional points with the suspicious and gossip prone people who don't like influential Christian speakers.

Ultimately, the New Testament said that the church will be filled unto all the fulness of God.

"And to know the knowledge surpassing love of Christ, that you [the church] may be filled unto all the fullness of God." (Eph. 3:19)

Now dear sceptic. IF you do not like that the Bible SAID that the church is to be "filled unto all the fullness of God" . . . well, just divert attention from what it says by handwaving frantically about one bad ole Witness Lee.

Just keep raising red flags about Witness Lee so people don't think about what the New Testament said.

The Triune God and the church are four-in-one. Because the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are all one with the Body of Christ, we may say that the Triune God is now the “four-in-one God.” These four are the Father, the Son, the Spirit, and the Body.'

Here again skeptics, if you don't like that the Bible reveals such a oneness you must point off to Witness Lee. Lots of people just don't like an influential leader. Although Lee said he was a slave to all the saints he served, STILL leader types are always good targets for cynicism.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Apr 21
6 edits

Of course we see the Triune God in the church in the New Testament. But that's hard to deny. SO ... handwave about Witness Lee instead.

But the New Testament told us:
"One Body and one Spirit,
even as you were called in one hope of your calling;
One Lord, one faith, one baptism;
One God and Father of all,
who is over all and through all and in all. "(Eph.4:4-6)

That is the Spirit, the Son, and the Father within the church and ultimately filling the church "unto all the fullness of God".

Now that is hard to refute as not being in the Bible, Sooooo . . . whistle, point and handwave about Witness Lee as a diversionary distraction.

'…In this way the believers become the reproduction, expansion, and physical continuation of the incarnate and incorporate Son of God and indeed the organism of the Triune God Himself.'

The Triune God is living. And the church within whom the triune God is living is also living. And they are united in eternity.

Jesus prayed to His Father a prayer that cannot fail to be fully answered eventually -

"That they all may be one; even as You, Father are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that You have sent Me.

And the glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, even as We are one.

I in them, and You in Me, that they may be PERFECTED into one, that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me." (John 17:21-23)

Now since this is so evidently the Triune God within the church perfected into one as the Triune God Himself is one, it is hard to deny this as Christ's aspiration, plan, purpose, and petition for the church.

Learn form the skeptics. Simply handwave on and on about Witness Lee.

Witness Lee, A Deeper Study of the Divine Dispensing p.203-204

Now this book "A Deeper Study of the Divine Dispensing" is admittedly a deeper study.

But if you want to start with something much more elementary you could consider this little melody. It is certainly true but perhaps easier on an elementary level.

"Jesus loves me this I know.
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones seek Him below.
They are weak but He is strong.

Yes Jesus loves me.
Yes Jesus loves me.
Yes Jesus loves me.
For the Bible tells me so."

Now this is not as involved as "A Deeper Study of the Divine Dispensing". But I still highly recommend it as every bit as true.
Actually it is quite profound though simplistic. This is good -

"Jesus loves me this I KNOW,
For the Bible tells me SO."

Lay hold of this readers.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Bottom line - John 15 speaks of the true vine, the abiding branches, and the produced fruit.

For Lee to express this as "the organism of the Triune God Himself" IMO has valid. The vine, the branches, the fruit produced can be thought of as ONE ORGANISM.

The problem some religious or non-religious people would have with this is prob ...[text shortened]... . You live in Me and I will live in you.

The two abiding lives are really one organism as such.
I see precious little "abiding" going on in this forum, in either direction. Quite remarkable, really, for any community of Christians. If only there was a word for this. Oh, I know... pharisaical.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Apr 21

@suzianne said
I see precious little "abiding" going on in this forum, in either direction. Quite remarkable, really, for any community of Christians. If only there was a word for this. Oh, I know... pharisaical.
If only you were here with us more suzianne, I’m sure your good example would penetrate our unworthy souls.

Bless you for you holy presence.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Apr 21

@suzianne said
If you are above it all Suzianne, I'll be looking more to you to show me how.