Deification of man

Deification of man

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Apr 21

Look Ghost of a Duke.

You go ahead and think whatever it is you need to think.
If this little issue is the major or only thing you have as a beef against "the organism of the Triune God Himself" (as to how I treated its mention) I am really not that concerned.

If I want to go examine some scholarly counterpoint about Witness Lee using that phrase, I know where and to whom I will find a more effective critique of the phrase, probably - Norm Geisler or Ron Rhodes.

A vine true with its branches and its fruit can be thought of as one ORGANISM.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Apr 21

@sonship said
Look Ghost of a Duke.

You go ahead and think whatever it is you need to think.
If this little issue is the major or only thing you have as a beef against "the organism of the Triune God Himself" (as to how I treated its mention) I am really not that concerned.

If I want to go examine some scholarly counterpoint about Witness Lee using that phrase, I know where an ...[text shortened]... or Ron Rhodes.

A vine true with its branches and its fruit can be thought of as one ORGANISM.
I find your lack of honesty disappointing. I will move on.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Apr 21
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Bottom line - John 15 speaks of the true vine, the abiding branches, and the produced fruit.

For Lee to express this as "the organism of the Triune God Himself" IMO has valid. The vine, the branches, the fruit produced can be thought of as ONE ORGANISM.

The problem some religious or non-religious people would have with this is probably due to them ONLY regarding God as OBJECTIVE - out there, up there, over there, above, separated.

It is under appreciated that God longs to JOIN with man as a united organic incorporation and union.

Even the very command "Abide in Me and I in you" is unique. It is a two way command -

You allow abide in Me to and as a result I will live out from within you and abide in you. You live in Me and I will live in you.

The two abiding lives are really one organism as such.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Apr 21
2 edits

Now the atheist doesn't care at all about "abiding in" Jesus the Son of God.

To him there is no God and certainly no need to abide in God. Much less he sees a need for God to live in him.

Some traditional religious folks might react " What in the world is this? I get saved and have my ticket to a happy place called Heaven. God is there. Me and God will always be apart even though in each other's company in a happy place called Heaven."

Back to the pure Gospel - "Abide in Me and I in you" is about an incorporation of the eternal uncreated God with the created saved and redeemed believers to be a united organic mingling, if you will.

In short it is an enlargement of what Jesus Christ is - God and man mingled together.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Apr 21

@sonship said
Now the atheist doesn't care at all about "abiding in" Jesus the Son of God.
I care about honesty.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Apr 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I care about honesty.
Me too.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Apr 21
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I find your lack of honesty disappointing. I will move on.
It’s actually beyond pathetic isn’t it.

Sonship’s intellectual dishonesty is the primary reason I rarely take him or his posts seriously and can’t be bothered to discuss topics with him.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Apr 21

@sonship...Here you go...

Why won’t you state before the Lord Jesus Christ that you HAD previously heard of the phrase “the organism of the triune God” ?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
06 Apr 21

Tumbleweed...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 21
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Tumbleweed...

And its cheap crap like that written by you which influences me not to read your posts with carefulness sometimes.

You write a lot of stupid stuff sometimes not worthy of much attention.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
06 Apr 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Tumbleweed...

And its cheap crap like that written by you which influences me not to read your posts with carefulness sometimes.

You write a lot of stupid stuff sometimes not worthy of much attention.
Tell me straight sonship, with God as your witness, that you first heard the expression 'organism of the triune God' 30 years ago in Boston.

If you can't do that, what honesty are you bringing to the table?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
06 Apr 21

Tumbleweed...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 21
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Sigh. How long are you going to beat this drum?

Jesus said let your yes be yes and your no be no.
And God is my witness to everything I think, say, do.

I first heard the phrase "organism of the Triune God" in Boston in 1974.
I first heard the phrase "organism of the Triune God" in Boston in 1974

Oh, did I mention that I FIRST HEARD THE PHRASE ORGANISM OF THE TRIUNE GOD IN BOSTON IN 1974 ?

The speaker - William Mallon
The location - I think it was at Wellesley College.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Apr 21
1 edit

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Apr 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Sigh. How long are you going to beat this drum?
Due to you systematically avoiding direct questions about your posts, your honesty is constantly under question.