1. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 15:01
    @rajk999 said
    Look pal, you people deserve to be abused.
    For someone who follows the teaching's of Christ....it doesn't show!
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 15:01
    @moonbus said
    "A man can be imprisoned in a room with an unlocked door, so long as it does not occur to him to leave."

Wittgenstein
    Thanks. This is my point. They did not want to leave the cult. They were quite happy to sit around enjoying the view.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 15:02
    @neilarini said
    For someone who follows the teaching's of Christ....it doesn't show!
    Clearly you know nothing of Christ. He is not all fun and games. Go read the bible.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 15:221 edit
    @petewxyz said
    I have all the education required to know that criminal activity has a due process that does not involve telling abuse survivors that they deserved their abuse. You feel entitled to tell people to shut up. You feel entitled to judge. Take a look at yourself and your own contribution, I'm comfortable with mine.
    You have a situation here where adults are sitting around knowing that children are being abused SEXUALLY for YEARS ... YEARS !! Some as young as 5 yrs and they do nothing. You think nothing is wrong with that, and they are just poor abused people. You need to have your head examined. Your education has served you no purpose if your moral compass is in the sewer.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 15:26
    @rajk999 said
    You have a situation here where adults are sitting around knowing that children are being abused SEXUALLY for YEARS ... YEARS !! Some as young as 5 yrs and they do nothing. You think nothing is wrong with that, and they are just poor abused people. You need to have your head examined. Your education has served you no purpose if your moral compass is in the sewer.
    More fallacious assumptions. Which article were you reading?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 15:301 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Thanks. This is my point. They did not want to leave the cult. They were quite happy to sit around enjoying the view.
    How in your mind are people who want to leave but don’t have the means to do so enjoying the view? Do you not have a grain of empathy in you for the victims?
  7. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 15:54
    @rajk999 said
    Even perpetrators of sexual abuse do not deserve to have been sexually abused. Nobody does. Simple. Do you believe otherwise? If so please don't lecture anybody on their moral compass.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 16:401 edit
    @petewxyz said
    Even perpetrators of sexual abuse do not deserve to have been sexually abused. Nobody does. Simple. Do you believe otherwise? If so please don't lecture anybody on their moral compass.
    I dont understand your question. Pedophiles, can be given a chance to change their ways but if they do it again, they need to be executed. End of story. Same with cold- blooded murderers. One chance, then death penalty for second offence. That is morally correct according to God. You are not an authority.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 17:391 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Suppose you grew up in a place where everyone believed the Earth was flat. Everyone you knew, your family and friends, the whole community believed this. Suppose that this was also taught in the schools. Suppose, further, that everyone in the community belonged to a religion which taught a) that everyone has an immortal soul, b) that the eternal fate of this soul depended on two things: unquestioning belief in a flat Earth and unquestioning obedience to the authorities who run the place, and c) that anyone who entertained the idea that the Earth was not flat would spend eternity in a lake of fire. Suppose that anyone who entertained the idea that the Earth might not be flat were derided as stupid ("just LOOK! SEE! it's FLAT, stupid!" ), or called insane or ostracised as a bastard child of satan. Suppose further that the community effectively filtered information coming in from the rest of the world, so that any images of the Earth from space, for example, were characterized as fakes and part of a satanic conspiracy to destroy the community ("godless baby eaters" ).

Now, tell me, how easy would it be for someone who grew up in such a place, surrounded by friends and family, who never knew anything but that community, to doubt that the Earth was flat? How easy would it be for someone to leave friends and family on account of a concept one probably had no very cogent argument in favor of, just an icky feeling that something was not right about the place?

People who have not grown up in such an all-encompassing and rigid mind-set, which is like living in a house full of distorting mirrors, may think it is a simple matter to walk away from it. You say that those people did not want to leave the cult, that they were happy to remain. In a sense you are right, but what they wanted had been brainwashed into them, by deliberate design, and their happiness was fabricated not in their own image but in the image of a false idol (i.e., the cult leader). Cults have subtle ways of controlling what people want and think, and one of the more powerful ones goes by the name of "the promise of salvation." People outside the cult call it something else, of course.
  10. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 18:01
    @moonbus

accurate analogy
    falls on deaf ears
    all we really got is
    tots and pears
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 18:14
    @rajk999 said
    You butt-licking again? It does not work you know. People like people who honest and truthful and upfront about what they are thinking. Nobody likes a brown-noser. Stop doing it.
    Stop embarrassing yourself.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 19:251 edit
    @moonbus said
    Suppose you grew up in a place where everyone believed the Earth was flat. Everyone you knew, your family and friends, the whole community believed this. Suppose that this was also taught in the schools. Suppose, further, that everyone in the community belonged to a religion which taught a) that everyone has an immortal soul, b) that the eternal fate of this soul depended on ...[text shortened]... y the name of "the promise of salvation." People outside the cult call it something else, of course.
    What do you think Im going to say .. Oh .. of course, they are all innocent. The poor people just dont know better ..

Well that is an incorrect analogy designed to justify and excuse the stupidity of these cult members. The leaders are all guilty and should be charged and jailed, {executed is better]. They know that the earth is round. The adults who allowed themselves to be raped for 20 years, thats their problem, they allowed that to happen... deal with it. They know the earth is not flat. The adults who stood by and allowed children to be raped they should also by jailed for life. The children are the only ones who are truly innocent, and these are the ones who appear to have suffered at the hands of these fools.

Stop trying to justify these grievous sins against these children.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 19:59
    @rookie54 said

accurate analogy
    falls on deaf ears
    all we really got is
    tots and pears
    "Some questions cannot be given simple answers, but some minds cannot grasp complex ones. Therein lies a difficulty."

Goethe
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 20:10
    @rajk999 said
    What do you think Im going to say .. Oh .. of course, they are all innocent. The poor people just dont know better ..

Well that is an incorrect analogy designed to justify and excuse the stupidity of these cult members. The leaders are all guilty and should be charged and jailed, {executed is better]. They know that the earth is round. The adults who allowed th ...[text shortened]... d at the hands of these fools.

Stop trying to justify these grievous sins against these children.
    The thread was started by someone who managed to escape, having been born into a mental concentration camp. I'll listen to him, how far the analogy fits.

As for those who were (or still are) running mental concentration camps, there's no justification from me.
  15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 22:10
    @rajk999 said
    I could never understand how people can claim that they are trapped in a cult. Are they physically tied down or locked in a room? Are their feet cut off? If not then its all their own fault for being stupid.
    It's called coercive control, and is a criminal offence in this country (the UK). It depends on psychological manipulation, although physical violence is another method. There are medical signs such as an increased startle response. Those most at risk are people who score highly for the agreeableness trait. It is not a matter of intelligence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree