1. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 15:13
    @dj2becker said
    Brother.
    Your brother has more balls than you do.
  2. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 16:09
    @rajk999 said
    Some societies have perfected the art of blaming others for all their ills. Its always the fault of the government, big businesses, parents, the teachers, the employers, your friends, your spouse or some TV programme ... etc. Where Im from, if you screw up and mess up your life, its your own damn fault.

Im always amazed at some of these people in the US small claims co ...[text shortened]... o sue people for their mistakes. Society does the damage and the courts have to set them straight.
    So if other people screw your life up or mess you up you get told that is your own fault. Stupid you for getting born into the circumstances of your abuse. Sounds pretty screwed up to me, but don't worry I don't see that as your fault. 😁
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 16:18
    @petewxyz said
    So if other people screw your life up or mess you up you get told that is your own fault. Stupid you for getting born into the circumstances of your abuse. Sounds pretty screwed up to me, but don't worry I don't see that as your fault. 😁
    It is a rare occurrence when .. ..other people screw your life up or mess you up .. Most of the time is your fault. Plus I dont need people to tell me whose fault it is. If it happens to me [cant remember when last that happened though], I blame myself. I learn my lesson and I walk away.

People who get drawn into Christian cults are very gullible and ignorant of the teachings of Christ. Had they focused on Christ they would never be abused.
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 16:25
    @rajk999 said
    It is a rare occurrence when .. ..other people screw your life up or mess you up .. Most of the time is your fault. Plus I dont need people to tell me whose fault it is. If it happens to me [cant remember when last that happened though], I blame myself. I learn my lesson and I walk away.

People who get drawn into Christian cults are very gullible and ignorant of the teachings of Christ. Had they focused on Christ they would never be abused.
    Go speak in depth with over a 1000 people with severe and enduring mental health difficulties and then see if you still feel the same way.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 16:54
    @rajk999 said
    I know if you had something to post of substance you would have done it, so I guess thats the best you can muster. Two posts by you and nothing of value people can respond to. I posted my opinion, let me see you provide a decent counter argument. Just so you know, I was in a cult myself. Grew up in one. By around 18 yrs I realized where I was and that had to do something. By ...[text shortened]... k and the stupid ones, take 25 yrs to leave a cult.

So post something of substance. Surprise me.
    The “substance” of my post was me using the fewest words possible in a slightly tongue-in-cheek way to point out that you were being an insensitive arse. I thought my post was both economical, humorous and to the point.

Becker is usually a bit of a dick in this forum (to say the least) but I would have thought that most of us, especially those of us who have been in cults as you have, would cut him some initial slack in this thread in the hope that he might not descend into his usual rhetoric.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 16:58
    @dj2becker said
    Brother.
    Have you and he been in touch over recent years, in particular about him leaving the cult?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 17:40
    @divegeester said
    Have you and he been in touch over recent years, in particular about him leaving the cult?
    I was one of the main reasons he left. We have always been in contact.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 17:411 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Your brother has more balls than you do.
    I would say he is one of the bravest people I know. Your assessment is spot on.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 18:34
    @rajk999 said
    Allowing a church pastor or some church elder to tell you [an adult], that they are spiritually cleansing you by performing acts of a sexual nature on you, means that you are damn stupid. Thats not mental illness.
    You just moved the goalposts from 8 feet apart to 8 inches apart.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 19:421 edit
    @dj2becker said
    I would say he is one of the bravest people I know. Your assessment is spot on.
    This is the thing. You have had a role model over the years [at least about 5 yrs now], you have been speaking about this cult issue. Surely you could have followed his example and do some personal improvement. I do not understand how it is you and your brother are caught up in a cult so long. You must enjoy the abuse.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 19:46
    @divegeester said
    The “substance” of my post was me using the fewest words possible in a slightly tongue-in-cheek way to point out that you were being an insensitive arse. I thought my post was both economical, humorous and to the point.

Becker is usually a bit of a dick in this forum (to say the least) but I would have thought that most of us, especially those of us who have been in c ...[text shortened]... him some initial slack in this thread in the hope that he might not descend into his usual rhetoric.
    He has been doing it for years. Clearly your sensitive approach did jack$$hitt. Sensitive approaches to stupidity is what causes stupid to escalate instead of subside.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 19:551 edit
    @rajk999 said
    He has been doing it for years. Clearly your sensitive approach did jack$$hitt. Sensitive approaches to stupidity is what causes stupid to escalate instead of subside.
    You really would be better off turtling back into your safe “salvation by works” riff instead of this nouveau-retardo chaney3 routine.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 22:001 edit
    @divegeester said
    You really would be better off turtling back into your safe “salvation by works” riff instead of this nouveau-retardo chaney3 routine.
    Dont know what you talking about. I never used that expression 'salvation by works', neither did Christ. That expression is one of the signature phrases of a failed Christian doctrine tp which you subscribe.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 22:06
    @bigdoggproblem said
    You just moved the goalposts from 8 feet apart to 8 inches apart.
    The issue is sexual abuse by church elders on members of the church. These are not kids. It is not pedophilia. It is just adults who are plain stupid. I will pity kids who cannot help themselves. I have no pity for adults who engage willfully in this kind of behavior and then seek the pity of others.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 22:07
    @divegeester said
    From all available evidence, it appears you've got this spot on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree