Clarity

Clarity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Aug 18

Originally posted by @lemon-lime
I did want to know more about what you believe (and why). But the fact is I do not regard myself as a fountain of knowledge and wisdom, nor completely free of bias.

I did at one time look to myself for answers, but this led to saying and doing things even I couldn't deny were foolish. Fortunately this was in my late teens and early twenties, so I'm ab ...[text shortened]... 'm okay with having been a foolish young man, but have no desire to end up as a foolish old man.
You wont end up a foolish old man. As long as you keep truth in your heart, as yuou seem to be demonstrating here,you will find what you need. Making your mistakes in your youth is the time to do it. Its a matter of amalgamating your life. Learn something everyday , especially about the things you like. Remember the stories and words of Jesus which resonate most with you at a given time. This should lead you to whatever lessons you have to learn. I have no answers for you, all I have is my testimony and my suggestions. Remember that the poor in spirt are the Lords favoured children. In other words live righteously by being unselfish and generally helpful of others without losing the balance in life.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
13 Aug 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Yeah bro. Peace. I aint joking. Serves me right for trying to post my opinions here. I appreicate you giving reasons for disagreing rather than assuming things about me.
It's ok to post ones opinions, but, opinions aren't proofs for truths.

I've always been a seeker of truth. I believe there is truth. Solid, absolute, irrefutable and undeniable truth.

I love The Truth.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Aug 18

Originally posted by @secondson
It's ok to post ones opinions, but, opinions aren't proofs for truths.

I've always been a seeker of truth. I believe there is truth. Solid, absolute, irrefutable and undeniable truth.

I love The Truth.
yes.
well then you should verify my assertions. However that's going to be difficult if you distrust sources of info that you dont like.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
14 Aug 18

yes.
well then you should verify my assertions. However that's going to be difficult if you distrust sources of info that you dont like.
But karoly, I challenged your assertions, yet it seems you got upset when I did.

What say you? Let's do it again. Make an assertion that you feel is an essential ingredient for the truth about life, and let's see where it will go from there.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Aug 18

But karoly, I challenged your assertions, yet it seems you got upset when I did.

What say you? Let's do it again. Make an assertion that you feel is an essential ingredient for the truth about life, and let's see where it will go from there.
I just spoke my mind because of your appaling forum demeanor... I have plenty of assertions about life. Where do you want to start? With the idea of heaven? How about psychology? Anthropology? Or perhaps linguistics? If you reply with a more specific 'ingredient' that you wish to discuss, I'd be happy to share my thoughts. . . ( I mean I've already said so much...on this thread alone. Nevertheless, I'd be happy to go again if you remain constructive. )

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
14 Aug 18
2 edits

I just spoke my mind because of your appaling forum demeanor... I have plenty of assertions about life. Where do you want to start? With the idea of heaven? How about psychology? Anthropology? Or perhaps linguistics? If you reply with a more specific 'ingredient' that you wish to discuss, I'd be happy to share my thoughts. . . ( I mean I've already ...[text shortened]... uch...on this thread alone. Nevertheless, I'd be happy to go again if you remain constructive. )
"I just spoke my mind because of your appaling forum demeanor..."

Forget the past karoly. I forgave you and forgot already about the fit you pitched. Moving on now...

Let's start with the question of what constitutes authoritative evidence for a given Truth?

Briefly describe how you draw a conclusion about what you think you know is irrefutable Truth. Any Truth.

What, or who, is your source of spiritual inspiration?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Aug 18
2 edits

Let's start with the question of what constitutes authoritative evidence for a given Truth?
What is a “given Truth”?

If it is “given” why would it require “authorititive evidence”?

What is “authorititive evidence” as opposed to “evidence”?

Why do you capitalist the “T”?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Aug 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
What is a “given Truth”?

If it is “given” why would it require “authorititive evidence”?

What is “authorititive evidence” as opposed to “evidence”?

Why do you capitalist the “T”?
I can attribute the capital T in "Truth" to his writing style.

Capitalizing words is an effective way to call attention to those words.

Read the Declaration of Independence to see this in action.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @suzianne
I can attribute the capital T in "Truth" to his writing style.

Capitalizing words is an effective way to call attention to those words.

Read the Declaration of Independence to see this in action.
I’d have thought bold or italics would have been more effective and less obscure.

Sonship capitalises the first letter of words he is in love with, such as “Trinity” for example. It seems to me that the writers here are less trying to draw attention to the word and more attempting to give the word an artificial significance in order to elevate their position in the debate.

It’s a similar thing to Trump’s power handshakes or when someone puts their hand out palm down in a handshake in order to Lord their power over the recipient.

This is why I find it an interesting observation in here.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 Aug 18

What is a “given Truth”?
All Truth is "given".

There is no other kind.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Aug 18
1 edit

[b]"I just spoke my mind because of your appaling forum demeanor..."

Forget the past karoly. I forgave you and forgot already about the fit you pitched. Moving on now...

Briefly describe how you draw a conclusion about what you think you know is irrefutable Truth. Any Truth.

What, or who, is your source of spiritual inspiration?[/b]
I'm sorry but I cant continue. I didn't throw any fit. Moreover I've answered 2 of these questions already. If you cant call a spade a spade now why would I think you would in the future?

I have authority over my life. No one else.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 Aug 18

I'm sorry but I cant continue.
Another forum phony bites the dust.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Aug 18

I’d have thought [b]bold or italics would have been more effective and less obscure.

Sonship capitalises the first letter of words he is in love with, such as “Trinity” for example. It seems to me that the writers here are less trying to draw attention to the word and more attempting to give the word an artificial significance in order to ...[text shortened]... rd their power over the recipient.

This is why I find it an interesting observation in here.[/b]
I think your "interesting observation" says more about you than sonship.

Your "observations" aren't. They're merely another way to denigrate a poster who disagrees with you by assuming meaning for something other than his words. You assign a motivation to him with no evidence.

F

Moves
16 Aug 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
I think your "interesting observation" says more about you than sonship.

Your "observations" aren't. They're merely another way to denigrate a poster who disagrees with you by assuming meaning for something other than his words. You assign a motivation to him with no evidence.
Capitalizing words incorrectly ~ as it were ~ is done either to be pretentious or in order to be ironic or facetious. Which one of these is it in sonship's or SecondSon's case?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Aug 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Capitalizing words incorrectly ~ as it were ~ is done either to be pretentious or in order to be ironic or facetious. Which one of these is it in sonship's or SecondSon's case?
Which one of those is it in the case of the Declaration of Independence? As I SAID, it is also a style choice to draw attention to words. The two reasons you give to the practice are far from all of the reasons, yet you choose to misrepresent it in this way.

You two assign motives to people ALL the time. It's practically all you do here.