Clarity

Clarity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Aug 18

Originally posted by @lemon-lime
That could be interpreted as 'the premise is immaterial' (unimportant or irrelevant) but I'm fairly sure that wasn't what you meant.

The premise wasn't what I was referring to. The idea of extraterrestrial DNA had to have been folded into the narrative fairly recently. This is why I asked if your philosophy/religion naturally evolves with time to incl ...[text shortened]... nd... there's no steam or smoke shooting from my ears as a result of wrestling with those ideas.
Well I do stick to what I know to be true. As far as the alien dna mixing with apes its a no brainer for me. The traditional version of creation and natural evolution both have problems explaining how humans started on Earth. "Panspermia" as per wikipedia is too vague and lame. I'm sure in the not too distant future light will be shed ont his subject. Does my philosophy evolve over time? For sure. We never stop learning . What holds it together? Just one thing. The only thing inthe universe. That which we are always talking about. The nameless , the timeless, the verb and the noun yet neither. Ourselves.

F

Moves
09 Aug 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Popular Christianity may not gel with other spiritual ideas but at the heart of Jesus' words are more than just good intentions and a moral code.
On the contrary, I'd say that at the heart of Jesus' words there is nothing more than good intentions and a moral code.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
09 Aug 18
1 edit

Popular Christianity may not gel with other spiritual ideas but at the heart of Jesus' words are more than just good intentions and a moral code. Its been so long since we used our own thinking to make important decisions... we've simply let other people tell us what is what.
Maybe I'm being too literal minded here, but "we" can't be everyone if "other people" are telling "us" what is what. So if there are "us" and "other people", which of these am I?
In other words, how would you know if I was one of those "other people" or not?

Is this philosophy you've described your own?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Aug 18

Originally posted by @fmf
On the contrary, I'd say that at the heart of Jesus' words there is nothing more than good intentions and a moral code.
Thats right. Thats what we're supposed to think. Whether it be a moral code which we can live up to or not is a constant question around here. Whether we can follow anothers moral code totally misses the point I reckon. I'm mean sure its good for the plebs but the basis of spiritual thought is defined by indepedent thought, not by getting the bible quiz right.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Aug 18

Maybe I'm being too literal minded here, but "we" can't be everyone if "other people" are telling "us" what is what. So if there are "us" and "other people", which of these am I?
In other words, how would you know if I was one of those "other people" or not?

Is this philosophy you've described your own?
Slow down. Too many concepts at once. I'm just stimulating your own mind, and thoughts will come and go. But humans should not operate as if they were computers. There is a different way of using the brain. One should embrace their 'emptiness' in all situatuations, including the emptiness of my ideas. True thing!! The righteous walk around as if drunk, their minds a blank, yet as soon as someone asks them something they will know the exact answer, complete with appropriate reference. It is not because sages have 'found' anything that makes them wise, it is because they know how to forget. (note: this was a simplistic explanation)

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
09 Aug 18

Slow down. Too many concepts at once. I'm just stimulating your own mind, and thoughts will come and go. But humans should not operate as if they were computers. There is a different way of using the brain. One should embrace their 'emptiness' in all situatuations, including the emptiness of my ideas. True thing!! The righteous walk aro ...[text shortened]... is because they know how to forget. (note: this was a simplistic explanation)
Does this mean I should (or can) question whether or not you are a sage who has 'found' something that makes you wise?

Moves
09 Aug 18

Does this mean I should (or can) question whether or not you are a sage who has 'found' something that makes you wise?
What, you're questioning the sageness of viewing the bible as an account of alien DNA being mingled with apes?

Are you quite mad?!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Aug 18

I do not claim to be a sage Nor does it make much difference what I call mself but for the interests of clarity... I am a sound-light vibration. But simply put, I am just a simple guy trying to make his way in the universe. My dreams and hopes are similar to many others with the notable exception that I dont dream of 'winning the lottery' or acquiring money for its own sake. You can and should question anything in theory. The nature of the questions say a lot about a person.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Aug 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
What, you're questioning the sageness of viewing the bible as an account of alien DNA being mingled with apes?

Are you quite mad?!
Yes , its easy to scoff at others who have put thought into their posts. BTW, what WAS your theory on the evolution of the human race? Natural selection and physical evolution? What was your take on the bible? Pure fiction? (No rush, but these ARE genuine questions) . Lemon-limes question was much better than yours. His question opened doors. Your questions are just going around trying to close them.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
09 Aug 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

Are you quite mad?!
No, but I do question the aliens purpose is to enslave mankind.
Aliens don't need slaves because they have advanced technology.
Using slave labor instead of highly developed technological machinery would be an enormous step backwards in the development of their civilization.
So the good news is a resounding "no", they do not wish to enslave us...

The bad news is the other day I overheard two of them discussing our "nutritional values".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Aug 18

Using slave labor instead of highly developed technological machinery would be an enormous step backwards in the development of their civilization.

...[text shortened]...

The bad news is the other day I overheard two of them discussing our "nutritional value".
"To Serve Man"

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Aug 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
"To Serve Man"
😲

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Aug 18

I do not claim to be a sage Nor does it make much difference what I call mself but for the interests of clarity... I am a sound-light vibration. But simply put, I am just a simple guy trying to make his way in the universe. My dreams and hopes are similar to many others with the notable exception that I dont dream of 'winning the lottery' or acquirin ...[text shortened]... an and should question anything in theory. The nature of the questions say a lot about a person.
Your posts really are just a jumbled hodgepodge of whatever thoughts happen to be in your head at the time of writing, aren’t they.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Aug 18

...[text shortened]...

The bad news is the other day I overheard two of them discussing our "nutritional values".
I wish sonship was going to actually comment on stuff like this instead of just lurking while he plays chess.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Aug 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I wish sonship was going to actually comment on stuff like this instead of just lurking while he plays chess.
Yeah, he needs to get his priorities straight.