Christianity Today

Christianity Today

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
29 Dec 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
In a thread about Christianity today, I am curious what modern Christians think abot Sonship's belief that the Triune God is actually a ‘four-in-one’ God, with man as the fourth person.

Is this something other Christians are comfortable with?
Sorry Sonship, no Christians so far have come forward to say they are cool with Witness lee saying the 'Triune God is actually a ‘four-in-one’ God, with man as the fourth person.'

(For the benefit of kelly, these words were written by Witness Lee and supported by SonShip and not something fabricated by myself).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Dec 19
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Sorry Sonship, no Christians so far have come forward to say they are cool with Witness lee saying the 'Triune God is actually a ‘four-in-one’ God, with man as the fourth person.'

(For the benefit of kelly, these words were written by Witness Lee and supported by SonShip and not something fabricated by myself).
Quotes would be nice. You are confused on there is more than one God in the Bible, so your grasp of spiritual things are not very strong in my opinion.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
30 Dec 19

@suzianne said
Just as you cannot answer my question.
Can't help but notice that you are only Christian here who thinks that Trump and Republicans are exhibiting inappropriate Christian behavior .
Politics over religion ? I think so .

Moves
30 Dec 19

@kellyjay said
Quotes would be nice. You are confused on there is more than one God in the Bible, so your grasp of spiritual things are not very strong in my opinion.
It was a quote!!!

If you lack the backbone to disagree with it, no worries.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Dec 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It was a quote!!!

If you lack the backbone to disagree with it, no worries.
A snippet is really not enough to grasp context to understand the meaning. If I take one or two words from you and fill in the rest anyway I want I can suggest something completely different than what you were actually saying.

F

Moves
30 Dec 19
1 edit

This is absolutely epic evasion by KellyJay. Sustained, indefatigable, and almost bottomlessly disingenuous.

Moves
30 Dec 19

@kellyjay said
A snippet is really not enough to grasp context to understand the meaning. If I take one or two words from you and fill in the rest anyway I want I can suggest something completely different than what you were actually saying.
When Lee says, 'the Triune God is the ‘four-in-one’ God, with man as the fourth person' what context do you imagine would makes such words agreeable to you, as a Christian?

w

Moves
30 Dec 19
2 edits

@caissad4 said
Can't help but notice that you are only Christian here who thinks that Trump and Republicans are exhibiting inappropriate Christian behavior .
Politics over religion ? I think so .
Just send unborn babies to Jesus.

It's Suzy/Progressive Christian compassion 101.

After all, do you really want to give birth and let your child have to live in a world with the insane Left and Nancy Pelosi? I have to believe God is a compassionate God and not really wanting to allow this.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
30 Dec 19

@whodey said
Just send unborn babies to Jesus.

It's Suzy/Progressive Christian compassion 101.

After all, do you really want to give birth and let your child have to live in a world with the insane Left and Nancy Pelosi? I have to believe God is a compassionate God and not really wanting to allow this.
Face the facts , If your god did not want this or anything else to happen it would not , it could not .

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Dec 19

@kellyjay said
Following the Holy Spirt is doing what needs done that is right in front of you with what you have, not what you'd do if you had more. There is no scale for one group of doers making them better than this other group of doers! There is the living God and those that love Him and others that are reaching out and taking care of others in the ways they can.

Do not sit around ...[text shortened]... ublicans too, you don't think that some of them love the Lord laying down their lives for Him daily?
"Working out their own salvation"?

You endlessly claim to people like Rajk that doing "good works" doesn't earn anyone their salvation.

Now you claim that people can "work out their own salvation"?

Who are these unique people? Republicans? Can they BUY their own salvation too?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Dec 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
When Lee says, 'the Triune God is the ‘four-in-one’ God, with man as the fourth person' what context do you imagine would makes such words agreeable to you, as a Christian?
I want to know the context! God created man, we were made to be in God’s image! That said, depending on the context it is either as you have been attempting to paint it very wrong, or you are missing the point.

Moves
30 Dec 19

@kellyjay said
I want to know the context! God created man, we were made to be in God’s image! That said, depending on the context it is either as you have been attempting to paint it very wrong, or you are missing the point.
Lee was very clear in what he wrote. Instead of me painting it wrong or missing the point, why are you not considering the possibility that Lee meant what he wrote? Have you truly missed what SonShip has been talking about all these years?

The truth of the matter is that you much prefer to jump into a discussion and disagree with the atheist, even when the Christian in the conversation is posting something decidedly unchristian, blasphemous even.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Dec 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Lee was very clear in what he wrote. Instead of me painting it wrong or missing the point, why are you not considering the possibility that Lee meant what he wrote? Have you truly missed what SonShip has been talking about all these years?

The truth of the matter is that you much prefer to jump into a discussion and disagree with the atheist, even when the Christian in the conversation is posting something decidedly unchristian, blasphemous even.
We are a thread called ”Christianity Today” talking about WL. To clear things up all I have been asking for is a quote, not a couple of words without context.

Moves
30 Dec 19

@kellyjay said
We are a thread called ”Christianity Today” talking about WL. To clear things up all I have been asking for is a quote, not a couple of words without context.
Full quote was provided. Sonship himself provided the context.

You just haven't taken the time to read any posts prior to your own.

That's on you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
31 Dec 19
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Full quote was provided. Sonship himself provided the context.

You just haven't taken the time to read any posts prior to your own.

That's on you.
Yea, that is on me just read any posts prior to my own. Should I start looking for the one post you responded to in "A Former Jehovah Witness's Memoir" there are only 16 pages to choose from, how about "The Wisdom of Witness Lee" there are only 1215 pages to choose from, there has been chatter on the topic in "Christianity Today" there are only 89 pages to go through, how about "Witness Less and the Lord's Recovery Movement" there are only a mere 730 pages to look at, maybe that one post you got your context from was in "Did Jesus sin?" only 141 pages to look at.

You are a piece of work.