Christianity Today

Christianity Today

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Dec 19

@rbhill said
You go to hell because you don’t put your faith in Jesus Christ as your atoning sacrifice nothing else. And it’s your choice to be apart from God. John 3:36 already talked about being separated from God.
What does this have to do with "going to hell because you're a Democrat"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Dec 19

@whodey said
The author based his article on a false premise, as I have said.

You tell me.
Whodey, do you consider it a sin to lie?

Apparently not.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Dec 19

@whodey said
Where is the equally scathing article about the genocidal abortion loving policies of the far left? Hmm? No where you say? Shocking! Or how about all the myriad of lies we hear from the Left every day of our lives? Hmm?

It is akin to the Pope giving sermons on the evils of global warming and building walls while ignoring abortion world wide, which is mass genocide acco ...[text shortened]... p is guilty of Quid Pro Quo, something that has not even been proven and based upon a false premise.
The premise is not false.

Apparently, you have no idea who Donald Trump is.

F

Moves
21 Dec 19

@whodey said
The author based his article on a false premise, as I have said.

You tell me.
The question is: Is Christianity Today "far left"?

F

Moves
21 Dec 19

@whodey said
I gave you an answer, granted, it was not one you wanted so you go an act like you always do, which is a self righteous twit during PMS.
Does the M stand for "menstrual"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Dec 19

@fmf said
Christianity Today's evangelical take on morality and ethics is apparently "far left".
As it should be.

The right follows Mammon, not God.

And yes, I AM including all Republican "Christians".

F

Moves
21 Dec 19

@rbhill said
You go to hell because you don’t put your faith in Jesus Christ as your atoning sacrifice nothing else. And it’s your choice to be apart from God. John 3:36 already talked about being separated from God.
Do you "know" that you are going to heaven not because of anything you did or didn't do?

w

Moves
21 Dec 19

@suzianne said
As it should be.

Funny that.

In a recent survey, about 3/4 of women polled said they are having an abortion because of money.

https://www.thoughtco.com/why-women-choose-abortion-3534155

And most who give to charity are those of faith and most of those are conservatives

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2014/10/17/Who-s-More-Generous-Liberals-or-Conservatives

Lie much?

w

Moves
21 Dec 19

@suzianne said
Actually, I was gratified to see that I am not the only Christian to have this viewpoint (the viewpoint set forth in the article).
You thought that you were the only abortion loving lefty in the world who claimed to be a Christian?

LOL.

Moves
22 Dec 19

It was funny that Trump echoed Obama's "clinging to their guns and Bibles" in his put-down of Christianity Today.

Thank goodness for that gun-totin', uber-capitalist, "I've Got Mine, Jack", "Get a job you whimpering impoverished leeches" Jesus, though.

Moves
22 Dec 19

@whodey said

It is akin to the Pope giving sermons on the evils of global warming and building walls while ignoring abortion world wide, which is mass genocide according to official Catholic theology.
Are you suggesting that the Vatican should field an army of consecrated ninja assassins to slaughter all the people involved?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Dec 19

@suzianne said
As it should be.

You are including who for what?

Moves
22 Dec 19

@suzianne said
As it should be.

I think that's unfair, @Suzianne. There is a spectrum of belief and practice among both Christians and whatever "Republicanism" has turned out to be.

F

Moves
22 Dec 19

@kellyjay said
You are including who for what?
You are a Christian, as is Mark Galli, the writer of the editorial. You talk about morality and ethics and character on this forum sometimes. Do you agree with what he wrote from his Christian perspective?

w

Moves
22 Dec 19

@caesar-salad said
Are you suggesting that the Vatican should field an army of consecrated ninja assassins to slaughter all the people involved?
Yes, you read my mind, turn the Vatican into a Ninja assassin camp of volunteers.

Thanks for that.