Christianity Today

Christianity Today

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
21 Dec 19
2 edits

@rookie54 said
https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-removed-from-office.html

i do not normally read this magazine/website
saw it referenced on social media
i found the article refreshing, and overdue

cherry picked from the article

"...the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his politic ...[text shortened]...
when one straw too many is added to a camel's back
the camel refuses to carry any more
any longer
Where is the equally scathing article about the genocidal abortion loving policies of the far left? Hmm? No where you say? Shocking! Or how about all the myriad of lies we hear from the Left every day of our lives? Hmm?

It is akin to the Pope giving sermons on the evils of global warming and building walls while ignoring abortion world wide, which is mass genocide according to official Catholic theology.

But then, they did not come out officially against the German Holocaust either, so it is of little surprise.

Of course, the whole premise is that Trump is guilty of Quid Pro Quo, something that has not even been proven and based upon a false premise.

w

Moves
21 Dec 19

@divegeester said
Whodey refuses to deny that he believes that Obama, while President at least, was under the influence or even possessed by Satan.

I haven’t yet asked him if he believes Trump is influenced by Jesus.
I gave you an answer, granted, it was not one you wanted so you go an act like you always do, which is a self righteous twit during PMS.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
21 Dec 19

@fmf said
Does this mean that Christian John Dingell went to heaven and not because of anything he did or didn't do?
It means that anyone that goes to heaven does so on the basis of what Jesus did on the cross, and not because of anything anyone does or doesn't do.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
21 Dec 19

@divegeester said
You can’t have it both ways, either YOU chose to believe or you did not chose. Which is it?
I didn't say one does or doesn't choose. I'm saying that choosing to believe isn't doing anything.

Is there something about the concept of "choosing to believe without doing anything" too difficult for you to understand?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
21 Dec 19

@whodey said
I gave you an answer, granted, it was not one you wanted so you go an act like you always do, which is a self righteous twit during PMS.
Did you notice how divegeester followed FMF into this thread, and like the good lapdog he is follows suit and reinforces whatever mode of deflection and ambiguity FMF leads with?

F

Moves
21 Dec 19

@secondson said
It means that anyone that goes to heaven does so on the basis of what Jesus did on the cross, and not because of anything anyone does or doesn't do.
So both you and John Dingall are definitely going to heaven... or only you?

F

Moves
21 Dec 19

@whodey said
Where is the equally scathing article about the genocidal abortion loving policies of the far left? Hmm? No where you say? Shocking! Or how about all the myriad of lies we hear from the Left every day of our lives? Hmm?

It is akin to the Pope giving sermons on the evils of global warming and building walls while ignoring abortion world wide, which is mass genocide acco ...[text shortened]... p is guilty of Quid Pro Quo, something that has not even been proven and based upon a false premise.
Is this your rebuttal of the assertions made in the Christianity Today editorial?

F

Moves
21 Dec 19

@whodey said

It is akin to the Pope giving sermons on the evils of global warming and building walls while ignoring abortion world wide, which is mass genocide acco ...[text shortened]... p is guilty of Quid Pro Quo, something that has not even been proven and based upon a false premise.
Is Christianity Today "far left"?

F

Moves
21 Dec 19

@secondson said
Did you notice how divegeester followed FMF into this thread, and like the good lapdog he is follows suit and reinforces whatever mode of deflection and ambiguity FMF leads with?
There's been no ambiguity or deflection from me on this thread.

F

Moves
21 Dec 19

In terms of what he said about Christian ethics and morals and character, is Mark Galli right or wrong? Point blank question.

w

Moves
21 Dec 19

@secondson said
Well they are joined at the hip, so...........

w

Moves
21 Dec 19

@fmf said
Is Christianity Today "far left"?
The author based his article on a false premise, as I have said.

You tell me.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
21 Dec 19

@fmf said
I wonder how many American Christians think John Dingell is in "Hell" because he was a Democrat or that his widow might one day be going to "Hell" for voting to impeach a president who is so popular with conservative Christians and who, if he is able to remain in office, might appoint the judges needed to overturn Roe v Wade.
You go to hell because you don’t put your faith in Jesus Christ as your atoning sacrifice nothing else. And it’s your choice to be apart from God. John 3:36 already talked about being separated from God.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Dec 19

@rbhill said
You go to hell because you don’t put your faith in Jesus Christ as your atoning sacrifice nothing else. And it’s your choice to be apart from God. John 3:36 already talked about being separated from God.
Or perhaps you'll get reincarnated as a gerbil, for not putting your faith in the Buddha.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Dec 19
1 edit

@fmf said
Christianity Today's evangelical take on morality and ethics is apparently "far left".
Actually, I was gratified to see that I am not the only Christian to have this viewpoint (the viewpoint set forth in the article).