Christianity After the Rapture

Christianity After the Rapture

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Dec 18

@fmf said
I just wonder who your audience is here. You claim certain things about books and certain writers and certain Christians and yet when asked about them you seem to suggest that what you said ~ or more particularly, questions about what you said ~ are somehow off-base. You appear to me ~ with assertions about Christians "clamouring" for certain books you approve of ~ to be merely p ...[text shortened]... and of groupism here rather than "the inner life of a Christian". Just my penny's worth, that's all.
It appears you have about a penny's worth of imagination too. Except when it comes to finding fault and making pointless criticisms and inferred innuendos.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Dec 18

@fmf said
As a matter of interest, if the punishment is destruction, and it is permanent, if the annihilation is irreversible, if that were to be what is real, would the term "eternal punishment" still be applicable and the metaphors still work?
"Eternal life" isn't a metaphor. It means what it says.

Even if you don't believe it.

F

Moves
04 Dec 18

@secondson said
It appears you have about a penny's worth of imagination too. Except when it comes to finding fault and making pointless criticisms and inferred innuendos.
"Fault"?

F

Moves
04 Dec 18

@secondson said
"Eternal life" isn't a metaphor. It means what it says.

Even if you don't believe it.
I didn't mention "eternal life" in the post you were 'responding' to. I mentioned "eternal punishment" and I asked you about metaphors.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Dec 18
2 edits

@SecondSon

I think my dogmatism may play a role in my reticence to examine a deeper look into some of the things you've said. That and I'm a slow learner.

What we learned in are formative years as Christians stays with us for a long time. And this contains many things which we should not discard.

Sometimes we have to consider more some traditional things to pour new wine into new wineskins. Sometimes we have new wine that doesn't fill the old wineskins well.

Faithful to what we do see is, I think, what the Lord cares for.

I'm meditating on them and considering the whole picture now. It could take some time to fully embrace those things that are new to me.

I would include in that meditation, praise and thanksgiving for what you have seen. Be thankful to Him for what He has shown you.

differentiation between the first rapture and a subsequent rapture, is a tough one to see. I have only and always thought there was just the one, which took me years to understand was pre-millennial.

After some consideration of the verses, if you would like me to explain how I think about certain difficult areas, please let me know.

What you do see, be in praise to the Lord about that. And ask Him to make those things be useful in your pursuit of God.

I am still opened to the Lord and seeking deeper understanding.
Early in my Christian life I prayed a prayer which God answered. I asked Him to put me with some people who could help me grow as a Christian.

God answered that young prayer for me. And I will be ever thankful that He did.

I was confused and pulled this way and that. But I felt like I had gotten on a spiritual plateau from which I could no longer advance. I asked God to put me with some brothers and sisters who could help me get off that plateau. God answered.
He was faithful. I have not always been faithful. But He was faithful and still is.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Dec 18
1 edit

What verse do you know of the supports the idea of a rapture after the start of the tribulation period, and when in that period does it occur?

First Thessalonians 4:16-17 and First Corinthians 15:50-53 are good for starters.

Since 1 Thess. 4:16-17 is public, noisy, loudly announced.

Because the Lord Himself, with the cry of command, with the voice of the archangel, and with a trumpet of God, will descend ..."

The trumpet of God here must be "the last trumpet" of 1 Cor. 15:52.

Behold, I tell you a mystery: we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at THE LAST TRUMPET, for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." (1 Cor. 15:51-52)

The last trumpet should be the seventh trumpet in Revelation which is at the END of the time of the great tribulation (Rev. 11:15). If "the trumpet of God" is the seventh trumpet - the last trumpet then that would be a resurrection, change and rapture at the end of the great tribulation.

Since it is so very tumultuous and public it should be the same rapture as that described in Revelation 14:14-16. And the way chapter 14 is laid out I think we have a indication of Firstfruits raptured, the tribulation, Harvest raptured, and battle of Armageddon.

So then the rapture of Matthew 24:37-44 is secretive, hidden and pre-tribulation. And the rapture at the last trumpet in 1 Thess. 4:15-17; 1 Cor. 15:52; Rev. 14:14-16 occur at the close of that great tribulation time.

Send me a PM if some further books could help.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Dec 18
1 edit

After the first rapture before the start of the great tribulation (or possibly right at its start), God will use certain world governments to destroy Christianity as a worldly religion.

Again. God who hates the degradation of the church into Christiandom and an ANITY, will indirectly use the government of Antichrist to destroy it. Antichrist cannot destroy the faith or the Christians totally. And he canot destroy the church. But the mixture of the Christian / Politics union he can destroy to the ground.

I would not like to be here to witness this. I would rather see it from above.

Since Antichrist must exalt himself about every object of worship and every god, to proclaim worship of himself, HOW can he permit Christianity to still flourish ?

At the start of the last three and one half years of this age, the Antichrist and his empire as far as it extends will destroy monotheistic worship.

This is one reason why it is so hard for me to imagine the Antichrist as a Moslem. Though some adopt this idea, I cannot see it because Antichrist will tolerate no God, neither Yahweh, Allah, or Jehovah or Jesus Christ.

So I cannot as of yet imagine the coming Antichrist as some Moslem figure with its strongly monotheistic belief.

Who needs evidence in Scripture of Antichrist destroying Christianity ?
It is mostly in Revelation 17, and some in 18..

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Dec 18
1 edit

Signs pointing to Antichrist destroying corrupted Christianity.

And one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and spoke with me, saying, Come here, I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who sits on many waters. (Rev. 17:1)

The judgment of God upon degraded Christianity is sovereignly carried out by the Antichrist and his government. They act on the behalf of God. The very political world that she has flirted with, committed whoredom with, turns to destroy her.

This should not be considered as a martyrdom but of God's judgment.

" ... I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who sits on many waters.

With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication and they who dwell on the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication." (REv. 17:1b,2)

The mixture of the things of the gospel with worldly politics have created a mixture which has befuddled the saints and made the people of the world spiritually drunk and unable to discern spiritual reality.

The kings of the earth have sought to channel religious power to accomplish essentially worldly aims. This has caused a drunken stupor of the inhabitants of the world in discerning the nature and work of God.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Dec 18

@fmf said
I didn't mention "eternal life" in the post you were 'responding' to. I mentioned "eternal punishment" and I asked you about metaphors.
Matthew 25:46
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The point is there's nothing metaphorical about a single word in that verse.

I don't think you asked me about metaphors. I think you told me. Now I'm telling you.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Dec 18

@sonship said
@SecondSon

I think my dogmatism may play a role in my reticence to examine a deeper look into some of the things you've said. That and I'm a slow learner.

What we learned in are formative years as Christians stays with us for a long time. And this contains many things which we should not discard.

Sometimes we have to consider more some traditional t ...[text shortened]... God answered.
He was faithful. I have not always been faithful. But He was faithful and still is.
"I would include in that meditation, praise and thanksgiving for what you have seen. Be thankful to Him for what He has shown you."

Good admonition. I could be more so.

"But I felt like I had gotten on a spiritual plateau from which I could no longer advance."

Been there, done that. In fact just two years ago I broke from a stagnant fellowship in which I now realize, in my opinion, was quenching the spirit and His significant role in the growth of a Christian. Good folks, just redundant in their systematic theology.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Dec 18

With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and they who dwell on the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

And he carried me away in spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

And the woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and gilded with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the unclean things of her forniucation; ..." (Rev. 17:2-4)

This is a sign of a woman riding in top of a beast.
A woman being transported around on a monstrous beast.

The sign is the unholy relationship between the corrupted apostate world wide Church and the governments of the world.

Because she is called Babylon the implication is that spiritually she is a place of captivity. That is a place where many of God's people have been carried away as captives and spoils just as Babylon carried away the Jews from their promised land.

And upon her forehead a name was written, Mystery, Babylon the Great, The Mother of the Prostitutes and the Abominations of the earth. (v.5)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Dec 18

@secondson said
Matthew 25:46
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The point is there's nothing metaphorical about a single word in that verse.

I don't think you asked me about metaphors. I think you told me. Now I'm telling you.
The entire chapter is parable, symbolism and metaphor.

You are mistaken secondson. Scripture should not be taken out of context as you well know

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Dec 18

@secondson said
That's a silly thing to say. You're dead wrong about Matthew. You act as though because the passage uses metaphors that it isn't about anything real.

It's as if you think eternal life is a metaphor for some undefinable ethereal reality in some fantasy la la land.

Eternal punishment and eternal life are real words about real things. Face it!
Take it to the younglings at your church

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Dec 18

@sonship said

What verse do you know of the supports the idea of a rapture after the start of the tribulation period, and when in that period does it occur?

First Thessalonians 4:16-17 and First Corinthians 15:50-53 are good for starters.

Since 1 Thess. 4:16-17 is public, noisy, loudly announced.

[quote] Because the Lord Himself, with the ...[text shortened]... cur at the close of that great tribulation time.

Send me a PM if some further books could help.
I think you're going too fast for me.

Matthew 24:36
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Is this not talking about Christ's second advent?

Verses 37-44 Are they not referring to events occurring during the tribulation period?

It looks that way to me. So how can you say that passage is about the rapture spoken of by Paul in Thessalonians and 1 Corinthians?

I've always believed that the rapture of the church, before the start of the seventieth week, was strictly Pauline and given him by revelation.

I'm having difficulty marrying Matthew 25 with 1 Thessalonians 4 for the reason stated above.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Dec 18

@divegeester said
Take it to the younglings at your church
You just can't discuss it can you except to blurt about it?

You've wasted your time not studying the Bible.