1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 13:461 edit
    @divegeester

Sonship we may be brothers in Christ.

Thankyou.
    I agree that we may.

If we are then you nee to listen to me a bit more.

Umm, try withholding the charge of "stooge" and see if that helps.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 14:123 edits
    @divegeester
    Besides, I feel that you follow a creed, a church, ancestors in Lee and Nee.

I don’t.

1.) I have usually emphasized the STATEMENTS of the Bible over CREEDAL statements.

Have you ever seen me resort to the Nicene Creed here?
    Have you ever seen me resort to the Chalcedonian Creed here?
    Have you ever seen me resort to the Apostle's Creed here?

I have focused on the WORDS of the Bible - Isaiah 9:6; 2 Cor. 3:17; 1 Cor. 15:45; John 14:23; 2 Cor. 13:14; John 1:1,14; Revelation 1:4-6; Zechariah 2:8-1; Matt. 28:19; John 17:21,22; Hebrews 1:8; etc; etc;

Through these years you have seen me point to Scriptures not Creeds.

Now let's be perfectly fair. When the New Testament had in ITS contents what is to be believed as a creedal statement, I have talked about that. But they are Scriptures. ie. First Cor. 15:3,4; 1 Tim. 3:16. Some NT scholars say those verses read like early creeds.

But you have not seen me throw church creeds at you.
    They may be helpful. But in the local churches we hold Scripture higher than church creedal formulas.
    Do we have this settled now?

Now I have used some, let's say jargon like "God dispensing Himself into man" or "the mingling of God and man" or "the indwelling of the Spirit" or some phrase which I learned from other teachers. Tracing the origin of some of these phrases may not be that easy because many teachers have said them of something LIKE them.

And any attempt by you to shame me for benefiting from the ministry of Watchman Nee or Witness Lee will fail. One reason it well fail is that you fail to realize that what these men did was take the "cream of the crop" of Christian teaching down through the years and emphasize it.

So when I receive Watchman Nee, I am also receiving the best of ministry of many sisters and brothers in church history.
    He took the best he could find and added to it his own experience and some unique perspective.

What you mean to be a cause of shame has exactly the opposite effect. I feel quite good to be associated with the two brothers Watchman Nee and Witness Lee. But even Nee and Lee cannot rise higher in my mind then the pure words of the Bible. The pure words of the Bible transcend all ministries of helpful servants of God.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 14:20
    @divegeester

Perhaps we do, God is merciful.

That's right we would have God's mercy in common.

You don't like to speak about the blood of Jesus, do you?

When I bring someone to faith in Christ, that has to be one of the first things they need to be 100% clear about - the power of the blood of Jesus.

Somebody has not been taking care of you too well.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 14:47
    If we are then you [need] to listen to me a bit more.

I have listened to you very closely, probably more closely then you realize.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 14:552 edits

When I bring someone to faith in Christ, that has to be one of the first things they need to be 100% clear about - the power of the blood of Jesus.

Divegeester, maybe your backround doesn't allow you to speak freely about the blood of Jesus.

But when a person comes to faith in Christ, the very first battle they face is accusation from Satan.

"So YOU'RE going to be a Christian? You don't have the right to be a Christian. Look at yourself! How can YOU be a follower of Jesus Christ? "

We overcome this accusation against our conscience by the blood of Christ. And that is something the Christian never, ever, ever .... EVER graduates from. Somebody has not been looking after you too well if you are a lover of Christ.

No believer in Jesus ever "graduates" from her or his need to trust that the blood justifies us and shuts the mouth of the Accuser. Do you think you can be so spiritual that you no longer need to remind yourself of the power of the blood of Jesus?

You better go back to the shepherds that were helping you and tell them that they forgot to teach you how to overcome the enemy by the blood of Jesus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree