Challenge I and you

Challenge I and you

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
02 Aug 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Tell me honestly: what does it matter what one professes to be?
Does it really not matter to you whether, on one hand, someone believes in a supernatural creator being and in "salvation" resulting in an afterlife in return for certain divinely mandated requirements, or, on the other hand, someone else does not believe in any supernatural beings, or any instructions from them, and does not believe in an afterlife?

Are you sure that it doesn't matter what someone professes to be and what they profess to believe when it comes to spiritual matters such as these?

Does the prism you see all this through not enable you to differentiate between theists and atheists?

T

Moves
02 Aug 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Nonsense. The question "What else is there to do on a debate and discussion forum like this other than "profess" beliefs, explain them clearly, and then debate and discuss them?" was a valid and "aboveboard" question in light of what he said.
Please. KA explained exactly what he meant by his statement in the text that followed. That explanation qualified his statement.

You intentionally edited out his explanation from the "Orginally posted by" box in an attempt to obscure that fact. It's an underhanded tactic that you often employ. THAT was what was not "aboveboard".

Did you really need all that spelled out for you?

F

Moves
02 Aug 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Please. KA explained exactly what he meant by his statement in the text that followed. That explanation qualified his statement.

You intentionally edited out his explanation from the "Orginally posted by" box in an attempt to obscure that fact. It's an underhanded tactic that you often employ. THAT was what was not "aboveboard".

Did you really need all that spelled out for you?
Hide yourself ~ and your opaque beliefs ~ behind karoly azcel's well-meaning waffle, by all means. And you can be as snooty as you like with me. You ought to know by now it's water off a duck's back. You are a poster who has spent many years choosing the colours for his posts from a very limited palette. I observe with interest and appreciate the occasional shard of truth your interactions yield. But my estimation of you decidedly takes a dip, I have to say, whenever you seem to think your schtick will work on me.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Aug 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
'Poor in spirit' is not necessarily the same as 'poor in faith'.

And oh, btw, Pascal's Wager doesn't work because God looks on the heart, and does not judge based on your looks or 'what you say', as people do. This is why we are told not to judge, because chances are that we'll get it wrong, because we are gullible and cannot discern the heart. We are always biased.
'poor in spirit ' maeans having a small ego. We can avoid biases if we stick to the truth. The only one we should judge is ourselves.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Aug 18

Do you think neither ThinkOfOne nor Ghost of a Duke believe in God and "salvation": and an afterlife or do you think one of them does?
Well this question is beyond my scope of interest. I, like Jesus and Buddha, am concerned with this life.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Telling you honestly, Jesus was clear that God sent His only Son into the world and
those that believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life, He wasn't sent to
condemn the world, but whoever does not believe is condemn already. It matters
because God sent Jesus to save us, rejecting Him is on you. There are a lot of antichrists
in the world ...[text shortened]... confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist.
I dont know any antichrists here. Could you point them out to us please?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Aug 18

What else is there to do on a debate and discussion forum like this other than "profess" beliefs, explain them clearly, and then debate and discuss them? "Profess" means to affirm one's faith in or allegiance to a religion or set of beliefs. Do you not profess to have a certain set of beliefs? Yes, you do. Otherwise, how can you discuss them with others? And if ...[text shortened]... So I put the question to you, why are you asking "What does it matter what one professes to be?"
I mean it doesn't matter what you label yourself. By all means profess your beliefs.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Aug 18

Hide yourself ~ and your opaque beliefs ~ behind karoly azcel's well-meaning waffle, by all means. And you can be as snooty as you like with me. You ought to know by now it's water off a duck's back. You are a poster who has spent many years choosing the colours for his posts from a very limited palette. I observe with interest and appreciate the occasional sha ...[text shortened]... u decidedly takes a dip, I have to say, whenever you seem to think your schtick will work on me.
You shouldn't judge others, only yourself

F

Moves
02 Aug 18

You shouldn't judge others, only yourself
Interesting you should say something like this when, for several months now, you have been more pointedly (and glibly and incoherently) judgemental of other posters than I can ever remembering you being in all the years I've known you. As for you judging yourself, a wee bit of quality control would not go amiss.

F

Moves
02 Aug 18

Lol. Keep up the humour bro! It may get a bit rough.
I wasn't being humorous. You seem to have lost all discernment.

Moves
02 Aug 18

I wasn't being humorous. You seem to have lost all discernment.
Wise man say, 'to lose something you must first possess it.'

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Aug 18

Interesting you should say something like this when, for several months now, you have been more pointedly (and glibly and incoherently) judgemental of other posters than I can ever remembering you being in all the years I've known you. As for you judging yourself, a wee bit of quality control would not go amiss.
Ok. Please reference where I have judged someone and I will correct it immediately. Keep in mind the context and posting history. I do not claim to be perfect. I do not claim to know everything. I excercise my God-given authority to the best ofmy abilties. I believe (quite erroneasly at times) that this forum is here to help eachother and share ideas. You I see as a 'neutral' and that remains a problem for me.
On the plus side you are mostly fair with your treatment of others here. You and I and everyone here, bar maybe blackbeetle has the same problem: we are blinded by our egos.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Aug 18

I dont know any antichrists here. Could you point them out to us please?
I'm sorry do you know what an antichrist is?

F

Moves
02 Aug 18

Ok. Please reference where I have judged someone and I will correct it immediately.s.
No. I'm not falling for your passive aggressive 'go off and find examples' deflection-thing. You've been doing it constantly for several months. Blatantly. Unselfconsciously. Embarrassingly. Constantly.

T

Moves
02 Aug 18

Hide yourself ~ and your opaque beliefs ~ behind karoly azcel's well-meaning waffle, by all means. And you can be as snooty as you like with me. You ought to know by now it's water off a duck's back. You are a poster who has spent many years choosing the colours for his posts from a very limited palette. I observe with interest and appreciate the occasional sha ...[text shortened]... u decidedly takes a dip, I have to say, whenever you seem to think your schtick will work on me.
Seems quite likely that FMF fully understood that KA explained exactly what KA meant by his statement in the text that followed the statement that FMF took out of context and that that explanation qualified his statement.

Also seems quite likely that FMF fully understood that he intentionally edited out KA's explanation from the "Orginally posted by" box in an attempt to obscure that fact and that It's an underhanded tactic that he often employs and THAT was what was not "aboveboard".

Note how FMF side-stepped the above points. His post is an example of the type of deflection that FMF routinely employs in order to side-step the points of another's post.