Challenge I and you

Challenge I and you

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
No, I do not believe that he is. But, then again, I am an agnostic atheist. Jesus, at 'most', was a moral philosopher ~ or, at least, that is part of the legacy that was constructed around what were reported to have been his teachings while he was alive. When I was a Christian, of course, I believed he was my "Lord and Saviour" like all Christians do [don't they?]. That's what being a Christian means, I think.
Lol. Keep up the humour bro! It may get a bit rough.

Unfortunately that is what being a Christian means. It is an effective way of keeping you in the dark.

Any spiritual idea worth its salt has to empower people. I'm sure the spirit of JC nurtures us all but without taking responsibility for your own life your relationship with JC will remain a hit/miss exercise in affirmation.

If anyone else there is following my line of thought, this is where where the reality of life dawns. Nobody is blaming anyone here for being off track. If anything this is where the realization (the lies, the twisting of truth, embaresment,etc. ) kicks in.

May all beings be happy

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Aug 18

I would not ask you to. You'd have no credibility. The people who had me up "in court" would have access to your posting record.
lol..

The Christian metaphor still makes sense: we will be held accountable for our deeds in this life.
The similarity between Buddhism and Christianity is this: Both of these 'religions ' focus on getting to 'heaven' . There is no room in either for speculating about the afterlfe. Whether it be hell,reincarnation or whatever neither Christ nor the Buddha taught about what happens after physical death. They were both single-mindedly focused on getting this life right.

Moves
01 Aug 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Let's see.

KJ shows himself to be a liar and hypocrite and repeatedly asks a question to serve as a "red herring and deflection".

You're about as dishonest as they come KJ.

Unfortunately this forum has seen more than a few dishonest and hypocritical Christians which shouldn't come as any great surprise. When the foundation is unsound, so too are the adherents.
The best way to stop a question being asked repeatedly of you (by multiple posters) is to answer it.

Your inability to do so makes you (by far) the weakest and most irrelevant poster in this forum.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
The best way to stop a question being asked repeatedly of you (by multiple posters) is to answer it.

Your inability to do so makes you (by far) the weakest and most irrelevant poster in this forum.
How do you come to these conclusions? Seriously.
'weakest and most irrelevant' ?? These sort of comments betray you man.
You are bearing false witness by taking ToO out of context or you dislike something ToO has said but cant address it properly. Either way your recent troll-like behaviour on this forum has been nothing short of grubbery. I know this because clearly you are not this stupid.

Doesn't matter how smart you , while you continue to be such an obvious and devious manipulator you will only remain a smart arse and an irrelevant and substanceless poster..

F

Moves
01 Aug 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
You are bearing false witness by taking ToO out of context or you dislike something ToO has said but cant address it properly.
Do you think both ThinkOfOne and Ghost of a Duke are atheists or do you think only one of them is?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Aug 18
1 edit

Do you think both ThinkOfOne and Ghost of a Duke are atheists or do you think only one of them is?
Doesn't really matter what they call themselves.
From the content of their post I would ASSUME (and I'm only assuming because I'm trying to answer your question) , that ToO lives by Christian values while Ghost is an atheist mostly.
I say 'mostly' because he has weighed in on other matters such as Buddhism and Christianity.
Every poster has good posts at times but ToO displays far more consistency of content than Ghost.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Little wonder that you are unable to understand the words preached by Jesus during His ministry:

John 8
43“Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. 44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because ...[text shortened]... light of your history of pride and arrogance, it'll be extremely difficult for you to overcome.
Odd, you deny Christ...at least cannot even announce He is your Lord and Savior and
you want to use scripture to correct others. Are you a Bible thumping anti-Christ?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 18
1 edit

you have to start with the right PREMISE. If there is a heaven then we've been there before. Thats what eternity means-always been here...
If it all starts and ends with you, then the truth will only come from you; however, if there is
something greater that isn't dependent upon you, that you must subject yourself to that. Of
course that means looking inward will not be the correct solution.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
01 Aug 18
3 edits

Strange how a thread that was supposed to omit (or at least limit) all verbal abuse immediately deteriorated into just that!

I think I know why that is. (Spoiler alert: words of wisdom coming up.)

In order to have any kind of rational debate about anything, one has to at least share some basic frame of reference. If one side has, for example, a Holy Book which is Infallible, and from which it draws all its arguments, whilst the other side puts this book on the same level as, say, Enid Blyton's Noddy stories, then there is no possible way that any conlusion can be reached.

This being so, the only path down which any such argument can lead is the one of personal attacks and vilification, because along that route lies our own vindication.

If any two parties, however, share the same basic reference framework (that the Bible is the word-for-word infallibly inspired Word of God) they can have productive discussions as to the merits of conflicting interpretations, such as e.g. Eschatology, Hermeneutics or doctrine. This has, of course, been going on for ever on RHP with varying degrees of successs and amiability.

I for one (as I have said before) would welcome a discussion with parties that share my own personal frame of reference, which is basically that the Bible is an excellent book for understanding the developing spiritual viewpoint of societies and cultures over several centuries, that it is useful to study and at a par with several other Holy Books. But the Infallible Word of God it is not.

P.S. Btw, coming back to the comparison between Christianity and Buddhism, I do not quite agree with the assessment of Karoly. Buddhism certainly has "Levels of Afterlife" as my son explained to me, at least seven, (one interesting one being the Hungry Ghosts, which have a very big mouth but a constricted throat, so that they are always hungry!) and you go up or down the scale in your next incarnation depending on Karma.

Christianity, as it is preached today by Fundamentalists, has the Biggest Carrot possible (which it shares with Muslims, but in different compartments) the Heaven which has no tears, no sorrow, and no pain (how boring!) So, as Paul frequently points out, "if on this Earth only we have hope of a future, we are of all men the most miserable.". Heaven is the ultimate, it does not matter what happens here, as long as you have been "born again" your seat is reserved.

PSS: Raj, you don't have to jump in here immediately to claim that Works are essential too - I am just using this examle to make a point...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 18

Originally posted by @caljust
Strange how a thread that was supposed to omit (or at least limit) all verbal abuse immediately deteriorated into just that!

I think I know why that is. (Spoiler alert: words of wisdom coming up.)

In order to have any kind of rational debate about anything, one has to at least share some basic frame of reference. If one side has, for example, a Holy B ...[text shortened]... ediately to claim that Works are essential too - I am just using this examle to make a point...
Tried but it didn’t pan out.

ENGLAND

Moves
01 Aug 18

From the content of their post I would ASSUME (and I'm only assuming because I'm trying to answer your question) , that ToO lives by Christian values...
ha-ha!

Moves
01 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Tried but it didn’t pan out.
With Dive around any thread is bound to end with him insulting the poster rather than attempting to answer the question that has him on the ropes. Has he answered your question yet about what happens to the unrepentant?

Moves
01 Aug 18

Doesn't really matter what they call themselves.
From the content of their post I would ASSUME (and I'm only assuming because I'm trying to answer your question) , that ToO lives by Christian values while Ghost is an atheist mostly.
I say 'mostly' because he has weighed in on other matters such as Buddhism and Christianity.
Every poster has good posts at times but ToO displays far more consistency of content than Ghost.
Why should you have to 'assume' ToO lives by Christian values? Why, after 12 years of posting on this site is it not abundantly clear to everybody whether ToO believes in God or not?

Even sonship, someone ToO has engaged with for years in this forum, doesn't know if he is an atheist or theist. Mustering up all the objectivity and honesty you can, do you not find that a little weird? Seriously?!

ToO doesn't want to reveal his position for the simple reason that he doesn't feel confident he can defend it. That is the epitome of cowardice.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Aug 18

Odd, you deny Christ...at least cannot even announce He is your Lord and Savior and
you want to use scripture to correct others. Are you a Bible thumping anti-Christ?
Man, this is getting so dense. Tell me honestly: what does it matter what one professes to be? If I am a wicked person and come here and announce that I'm saved because I claim Jesus as my saviour, does that mean I get a pass to heaven? Is this spiritual in any way? Those who are poor in spirit shall enter thekingdom of heaven. They are blessed . This comes from the bible. How do you not get this simple idea ? (thats 4 easy questions)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Aug 18

If it all starts and ends with you, then the truth will only come from you; however, if there is
something greater that isn't dependent upon you, that you must subject yourself to that. Of
course that means looking inward will not be the correct solution.
I know you read my posts but you dont understand. Your premise is flawed. Your ego gets in the way. You refuse to become humble and poor in spirit.