Challenge I and you

Challenge I and you

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Aug 18

Originally posted by @caljust
Strange how a thread that was supposed to omit (or at least limit) all verbal abuse immediately deteriorated into just that!

I think I know why that is. (Spoiler alert: words of wisdom coming up.)

In order to have any kind of rational debate about anything, one has to at least share some basic frame of reference. If one side has, for example, a Holy B ...[text shortened]... ediately to claim that Works are essential too - I am just using this examle to make a point...
The Buddha taught enlightenment. Jesus showed the way to heaven. Very simple logic here. Nothing fancy

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Aug 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Why should you have to 'assume' ToO lives by Christian values? Why, after 12 years of posting on this site is it not abundantly clear to everybody whether ToO believes in God or not?

Even sonship, someone ToO has engaged with for years in this forum, doesn't know if he is an atheist or theist. Mustering up all the objectivity and honesty you can, ...[text shortened]... simple reason that he doesn't feel confident he can defend it. That is the epitome of cowardice.
Lol. I assume you guys reflect the content of your posts. ToO displays consistency in values such as truth and humility. You are erratic,combative, egotistical and lacking your own thought. Once again: What does it matter what one professes to be?

Moves
01 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Lol. I assume you guys reflect the content of your posts. ToO displays consistency in values such as truth and humility. You are erratic,combative, egotistical and lacking your own thought. Once again: What does it matter what one professes to be?
Please reference one post where ToO has shown humility.

Thanks in advance.

(And ToO doesn't profess to be anything. That's the point).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
With Dive around any thread is bound to end with him insulting the poster rather than attempting to answer the question that has him on the ropes. Has he answered your question yet about what happens to the unrepentant?
No, there are a few unanswered questions out there, dive isn’t the only one. With him to I don’t think it is an out an out refusal as with others, time will tell.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 18

Man, this is getting so dense. Tell me honestly: what does it matter what one professes to be? If I am a wicked person and come here and announce that I'm saved because I claim Jesus as my saviour, does that mean I get a pass to heaven? Is this spiritual in any way? Those who are poor in spirit shall ...[text shortened]... comes from the bible. How do you not get this simple idea ? (thats 4 easy questions)
Frankly what is it to you? Your self reflection might enlighten you to your hearts content, but when you look beyond your nose your beliefs and rules no longer apply to anyone outside your followers if you have any!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Please reference one post where ToO has shown humility.

Thanks in advance.

(And ToO doesn't profess to be anything. That's the point).
I'm going to have to decline.

I dont need to prove anything to you.
ToO doesn't profess to be anything is the point I just referred to. It doesn't matter what one professes.

You dont have the right attitude to learn anything yet, your arrogance blinds you.
I say this out of love, and I know it is harsh but I'm not in the business of sugar-coating the truth.
Perhaps if you address some of the points about yourself that I have made here and in my last post we could move ahead.
Cheers.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Aug 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Frankly what is it to you? Your self reflection might enlighten you to your hearts content, but when you look beyond your nose your beliefs and rules no longer apply to anyone outside your followers if you have any!
Please answer my questions if you wish to engage in a discussion.

"Whats it to you ? " is an out and out deflection.
I dont follow anyone and I dont want followers.
And I look beyond my nose all the time. My 'rules and beliefs' are consistent with the Spirit of Christianity.

The main difference between my Christian values and others would be that I dont accept Jesus Christ as MY Lord and saviour. I accept that he IS a Lord and saviour, but he saves by teaching people how to live, not by asking people to worship him.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Aug 18

Please answer my questions if you wish to engage in a discussion.

"Whats it to you ? " is an out and out deflection.
I dont follow anyone and I dont want followers.
And I look beyond my nose all the time. My 'rules and beliefs' are consistent with the Spirit of Christianity.

The main difference between my Christian values and others would be t ...[text shortened]... and saviour, but he saves by teaching people how to live, not by asking people to worship him.
You would find nowhere that Jesus said to accept him as Lord and Saviour, neither to have a relationship with Him as a requirement for salvation. Those are church doctrines which are based on taking certain passages by Paul out of context.

Jesus preach good works and righteousness as the main ingredient of eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Aug 18

Man, this is getting so dense. Tell me honestly: what does it matter what one professes to be? If I am a wicked person and come here and announce that I'm saved because I claim Jesus as my saviour, does that mean I get a pass to heaven? Is this spiritual in any way? Those who are poor in spirit shall ...[text shortened]... comes from the bible. How do you not get this simple idea ? (thats 4 easy questions)
'Poor in spirit' is not necessarily the same as 'poor in faith'.

And oh, btw, Pascal's Wager doesn't work because God looks on the heart, and does not judge based on your looks or 'what you say', as people do. This is why we are told not to judge, because chances are that we'll get it wrong, because we are gullible and cannot discern the heart. We are always biased.

F

Moves
02 Aug 18
2 edits

Doesn't really matter what [ThinkOfOne and Ghost of a Duke] call themselves.
From the content of their post I would ASSUME (and I'm only assuming because I'm trying to answer your question) , that ToO lives by Christian values while Ghost is an atheist mostly.
I say 'mostly' because he has weighed in on other matters such as Buddhism and Christianit ...[text shortened]... very poster has good posts at times but ToO displays far more consistency of content than Ghost.
Do you think neither ThinkOfOne nor Ghost of a Duke believe in God and "salvation": and an afterlife or do you think one of them does?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Aug 18

Telling you honestly, Jesus was clear that God sent His only Son into the world and
those that believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life, He wasn't sent to
condemn the world, but whoever does not believe is condemn already. It matters
because God sent Jesus to save us, rejecting Him is on you. There are a lot of antichrists
in the world today, and posting here.

John 3:
16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

2 John 1:7
For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist.

F

Moves
02 Aug 18
1 edit

Man, this is getting so dense. Tell me honestly: what does it matter what one professes to be?
What else is there to do on a debate and discussion forum like this other than "profess" beliefs, explain them clearly, and then debate and discuss them? "Profess" means to affirm one's faith in or allegiance to a religion or set of beliefs. Do you not profess to have a certain set of beliefs? Yes, you do. Otherwise, how can you discuss them with others? And if you can't discuss beliefs with people who profess them, what are you doing here? So I put the question to you, why are you asking "What does it matter what one professes to be?"

T

Moves
02 Aug 18
2 edits

GoaD should start calling Karoly "The Bus Driver".

KA keeps taking him to school.

That GoaD earlier scoffed at the idea that KA often shows deeper insight than many of the posters on this forum makes it all the more amusing.

T

Moves
02 Aug 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @fmf
What else is there to do on a debate and discussion forum like this other than "profess" beliefs, explain them clearly, and then debate and discuss them? "Profess" means to affirm one's faith in or allegiance to a religion or set of beliefs. Do you not profess to have a certain set of beliefs? Yes, you do. Otherwise, how can you discuss them with others? And if ...[text shortened]... So I put the question to you, why are you asking "What does it matter what one professes to be?"
Of course, you could have simply left KA's statement in context:
<<Man, this is getting so dense. Tell me honestly: what does it matter what one professes to be? If I am a wicked person and come here and announce that I'm saved because I claim Jesus as my saviour, does that mean I get a pass to heaven? Is this spiritual in any way? Those who are poor in spirit shall enter the kingdom of heaven. They are blessed . This comes from the bible. How do you not get this simple idea ?>>

But then, if you'd been aboveboard about it, you'd have nothing to say.

F

Moves
02 Aug 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
But then, if you'd been aboveboard about it, you'd have nothing to say.
Nonsense. The question "What else is there to do on a debate and discussion forum like this other than "profess" beliefs, explain them clearly, and then debate and discuss them?" was a valid and "aboveboard" question in light of what he said.