Calling out ThinkOfOne

Calling out ThinkOfOne

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jan 19

@caissad4 said
Examine the history and you will see.
You cannot shake your belief in a invisible mythological sky god of which you have zero proof in its' existence.
Proof has nothing to do with your belief system.
If you follow along many of the discussions here there are ample examples of evidence that provide that the universe requires a transcendent cause that is not a part of the universe itself. I don't believe in an invisible mythological sky god so proof for one of those is meaningless to me. Instead I believe in a God who created the universe out of nothing, who holds it all together by the power of His Word, who is everywhere in His completeness, so that He can give everything His full attention, at the same time, in the past, present, and future. Anything short of that is a piss-ant of human invention that has nothing to do with my belief system.

F

Moves
19 Jan 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Just trying to make sure I understand your point, you are suggesting that the text of the ancient Hebrews wasn't written by them, their history was made up by someone else?
Read my post. How can you possibly ask this question if you have?

F

Moves
19 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
You also think if I understand you that the early Christians were willing to turn their backs on their OT customs that they were raised with from the time they were born, would be willing to die for a lie? They proclaimed a truth in the middle of the most anti-new truth area, and it spread from that one point and you think this is a meaningless fact, it isn’t at all showing ...[text shortened]... hand it wasn't some old doctrine they were always taught it was new in the face of great opposition.
I don't think martyrdom is evidence of the veracity of claims of divine revelation.

F

Moves
19 Jan 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Anything short of that is a piss-ant of human invention that has nothing to do with my belief system.
Any religionist, like yourself, can call a rival religion "a piss-ant of human invention". It does not prove anything about your belief system.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jan 19

@fmf said
Any religionist, like yourself, can call a rival religion "a piss-ant of human invention". It does not prove anything about your belief system.
Any god less than the one I described to me is just that be they in other religions
or the minds of men.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jan 19

@fmf said
I don't think martyrdom is evidence of the veracity of claims of divine revelation.
What would be a divine revelation to you? Can you give an example, or should I
just assume no matter what is said to you, you'll deny it?

F

Moves
19 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
What would be a divine revelation to you? Can you give an example, or should I
just assume no matter what is said to you, you'll deny it?
I'll tell you when i encounter one.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jan 19

@fmf said
Read my post. How can you possibly ask this question if you have?
Answer the question, asking why I asked, is a dodge. Your post caused me to ask what I did. Are you going to run around in circles attempting to avoid answering questions put to you, AGAIN?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jan 19

@fmf said
I'll tell you when i encounter one.
In other words nothing.

F

Moves
19 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Any god less than the one I described to me is just that be they in other religions
or the minds of men.
All you are saying is that all religions are merely in the minds of men. Except yours. Any religionist can make that assertion.

F

Moves
19 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
In other words nothing.
No. Not at all. I have had a look at the one you subscribe to, and I an unconvinced.

F

Moves
19 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Answer the question, asking why I asked, is a dodge. Your post caused me to ask what I did. Are you going to run around in circles attempting to avoid answering questions put to you, AGAIN?
I do not subscribe to the mythology that the ancient Hebrews wrote for themselves.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jan 19

@fmf said
I do not subscribe to the mythology that the ancient Hebrews wrote for themselves.
Yes, you are repeating yourself here, who wrote it for them if not themselves?

F

Moves
19 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Yes, you are repeating yourself here, who wrote it for them if not themselves?
I think you are just taking the piss.

F

Moves
19 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Yes, you are repeating yourself here
Yes. It's what I wrote before which you claimed not to understand somehow. I just copy pasted the words again.