Calling out ThinkOfOne

Calling out ThinkOfOne

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
20 Jan 19

@divegeester said
Well that explains why you are a coward, but why are you a fake?
lol. You're not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
20 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
If you follow along many of the discussions here there are ample examples of evidence that provide that the universe requires a transcendent cause that is not a part of the universe itself. I don't believe in an invisible mythological sky god so proof for one of those is meaningless to me. Instead I believe in a God who created the universe out of nothing, who holds it all t ...[text shortened]... nything short of that is a piss-ant of human invention that has nothing to do with my belief system.
Saying that the universe "requires a transcendent cause" is precisely what invisible mythological sky god talk is.
Your religious dogma was manufactured decades ,or in some cases, centuries after it claims to have happened. Your god is a combination of the many gods which were worshipped before.

F

Moves
20 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Yes, you don't offer argument, you offer observation without reasons for them. You don't offer why you don't believe the text, or who wrote it for them, you simply state your beliefs as if that were persuasive.
I just thought you were taking the piss, that's all, when I said that I am not a subscriber to the scriptures that the ancient Hebrews wrote for themselves and you repeatedly asked me WHO you thought wrote them if not the ancient Hebrews. I think you were pretending. It was an observation.

F

Moves
20 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
You don't offer why you don't believe the text, or who wrote it for them,
The ancient Hebrews wrote their own scripture. No one "wrote it for them".

F

Moves
20 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Yes, you don't offer argument, you offer observation without reasons for them. You don't offer why you don't believe the text, or who wrote it for them, you simply state your beliefs as if that were persuasive.
Well, I am not asking you for your "argument" for why you are not a Hindu, for example. So, don't you worry about whether your not-being-a-Hindu is persuasive to me or not. I'm OK with it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jan 19

@thinkofone said
lol. You're not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.
dive is many things, but unlike you he isn't a coward that refuses to answer the basic questions put to him about his faith as you are. Then you have the nerve to tell others here how they are right or wrong when discussing their faith. You are not even in the draw, only things useful are kept in the draws, be they sharp or dull, but you have put nothing forward to identify yourself. There is nothing useful about what you bring to the table on your own, you insult others for things you have, but not the nerve to declare how you identify your faith.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jan 19

@caissad4 said
Saying that the universe "requires a transcendent cause" is precisely what invisible mythological sky god talk is.
Your religious dogma was manufactured decades ,or in some cases, centuries after it claims to have happened. Your god is a combination of the many gods which were worshipped before.
Suggesting these things are true requires how you came to this knowledge don't you think? Simply making an accusation isn't proof. I have shared over and over why what I believe is true and the reasons what you said isn't true. You simply saying no it isn't true, isn't an argument, it is a reasonless accusation nothing more unless you can back up these claims.

How did the universe come into being, where did everything come from in your opinion? You going to be able to put forward something you have to defend, or are you just going to disappear like the last time I asked you to defend your remarks?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jan 19

@fmf said
I just thought you were taking the piss, that's all, when I said that I am not a subscriber to the scriptures that the ancient Hebrews wrote for themselves and you repeatedly asked me WHO you thought wrote them if not the ancient Hebrews. I think you were pretending. It was an observation.
I think if you go back each time I asked that it was due to the things you have said.

F

Moves
20 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
I think if you go back each time I asked that it was due to the things you have said.
What I said was clear.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jan 19

@fmf said
What I said was clear.
To you maybe, but if I or anyone else asks you a clarifying question it isn't as clear
as you may think.

T

Moves
20 Jan 19
3 edits

@kellyjay said
dive is many things, but unlike you he isn't a coward that refuses to answer the basic questions put to him about his faith as you are. Then you have the nerve to tell others here how they are right or wrong when discussing their faith. You are not even in the draw, only things useful are kept in the draws, be they sharp or dull, but you have put nothing forward to identify ...[text shortened]... wn, you insult others for things you have, but not the nerve to declare how you identify your faith.
Do you actually believe that your post makes logical sense?

All the following apply to you:
There are much larger issues that keep people from understanding what the Bible actually says.

Following are but a few:
1) Assigning meaning to individual verses without first understanding the passage from which it was taken.
2) Believing dogma prior to assessing the veracity of that dogma.
For example: "The Bible is the inerrant word of God". Those who believe this dogma invariably distort the actual meaning of verses / passages to remove inconsistencies, discrepancies, contradictions, etc. Those who believe this dogma invariably find a verse / passage or two to backup their beliefs and ignore any conflicting verses / passages.
3) Poor reading comprehension, poor critical thinking skills, poor conceptual thinking skills, etc.

You simply can't stand the fact that you are unable to formulate a cogent argument addressing the points of my posts regarding scripture and otherwise, so you resort to ad hominem attack and other forms of deflection.

Since DG couldn't figure it out and you operate on the same level as him, I'll spell it out for you:
DG, GoaD, FMF andyou operate on the level of a group of schoolboys.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jan 19

@thinkofone said

[quote]There are much larger issues that keep people from understanding what the Bible actually says.

Following are but a few:
1) Assigning meaning to individual verses without first understanding the passage from which it was taken.
2) Believing dogma prior to assessing ...[text shortened]... him, I'll spell it out for you:
You have to present something logical, your logic requires some foundation, you have your opinions nothing more. You telling me how I or anyone else should read and follow scripture is like wanting to know how a man born blind feels about what color should we paint something, green or blue, when we know he has never seen either color. You cannot even declare who Jesus is, what is true about the Lord, but you want to preach and condemn using the scriptures.

There is more to just reading scriptures than what you are preaching, Jesus warned the religious leaders of the day when He was walking on the earth that they studied the scriptures because they thought in them they would have eternal life, Jesus said it was the scriptures that bear witness to Him. You can read a text, but if you cannot say Jesus Christ is my Lord, that God is His Father, you get neither the Father or the Son. Everything else you push is meaningless to the nth degree next to that.

John 5:39
You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,

T

Moves
20 Jan 19
2 edits

@kellyjay said
You have to present something logical, your logic requires some foundation, you have your opinions nothing more. You telling me how I or anyone else should read and follow scripture is like wanting to know how a man born blind feels about what color should we paint something, green or blue, when we know he has never seen either color. You cannot even declare who Jesus is, wh ...[text shortened]... res because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,
My foundation rests upon the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

Your foundation rests upon the gospel preached by others. You blindly follow that dogma - nothing more. Your foundation is made of sand.

Matthew 7
24“Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25“And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. 26“Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27“The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”

John 5
28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

John 6
63“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. 64“But there are some of you who do not believe.”

John 8
34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
31So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
35“The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
51“Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”

F

Moves
20 Jan 19

@thinkofone said
My position rests upon the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.
What is your position when it comes to who Jesus was and whether he was right to claim he was sent by God?

Moves
20 Jan 19
1 edit

@thinkofone said

[quote]There are much larger issues that keep people from understanding what the Bible actually says.

Following are but a few:
2) Believing dogma prior to assessing ...[text shortened]... him, I'll spell it out for you:
You don't seem to grasp the purpose of this thread. You are being called out for your spineless inability to answer (even once) the most basic theological question about whether or not you believe God actually exists and seem to lack the intellectual capacity to understand that the way to stop repetitive asking of the same question is to answer it,...just once.

Until you do that you have zero credibility and no right to accuse others of dodging questions or seeking to hold the views of others under a microscope.

Grow a pair already.