1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 07:251 edit
    @philokalia said
    Dive talking about how I need to be around here more to ... be more familiar with the drama and banter that they constantly reference to derail people
    You seem to be happy to make assertions about what I have termed the torturer god ideology- as it is propagated by some Christians here - which are founded on your lack of knowledge about what ideologies have been propagated here stretching back a decade.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 07:27
    @philokalia said
    FMF suggesting that SecondSon is avoiding the topic because he does not want to use the gross terminology he endorses and suggesting that someone else is deflecting.
    Maybe SecondSon will just come right out and state that he believes the Christian God "torments those who are damned in a burning fire that lasts for eternity" instead of all the banter and wriggling.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 07:29
    @philokalia said
    What a sweet double header of posts:
    Both of which you have sidestepped.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 07:29
    @philokalia said
    What a sweet double header of posts:

Dive talking about how I need to be around here more to ... be more familiar with the drama and banter that they constantly reference to derail people, and

FMF suggesting that SecondSon is avoiding the topic because he does not want to use the gross terminology he endorses and suggesting that someone else is deflecting.
    You talk bollox Jacob. Your MO here is to try to appear intelligent and no doubt you are reasonably intelligent but unfortunately you don’t apply yourself to understanding what is being said in this forum and therefore you really have very little to say of any substance.

You seem to be under the impression that reading a couple of philosophy books during your postgrad era and a subsequent cursory glance over the orthodoxy of Christianity has provided you with knowledge bank worthy of your imagined IQ.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 07:32
    @philokalia said
    FMF suggesting that SecondSon is avoiding the topic because he does not want to use the gross terminology he endorses
    This part of your post is a correct précis of what FMF said.

And....
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 09:482 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 10:00
    @sonship said
    1: Non-believers are supposedly thrown into a Lake of Fire.

I do not believe that it makes no difference whether we receive Christ or reject Christ.
    Some hold a belief that it doesn't matter.

~ 2: Here, they are made to suffer for eternity.

Some believe it doesn't matter if you reject God.
    They think there is none.

An ...[text shortened]... igned will bring a strong sense of eternal closure, even though one may be punished in that closure.
    At least you are not denying that you do agree with FMF’s 14 elements of the “Torturer God Ideology”.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 16:04
    @fmf said
    I don't believe the writer [or team of writers] ~ whoever this "John" name might supposedly refer to [or to which group of people it might refer] ~ was told to write what was written. Jesus had been stone dead for decades. I have no reason to believe "angels told or showed him" anything. I am fully aware of what Christians believe about it. I don't believe it. That makes me a non-Christian. And I know full well what your torturer god ideology prescribes for me.
    You are of the opinion that all 66 books were written by people who didn't share
    the experience of God and that even though they refer to one another, that they
    were written over a period of 1500 years, by reportedly 40 different authors in
    three different languages that those who wrote many of them were killed for their
    beliefs along with all that took the time of copying text keeping the content the
    same through time also were believing in lies too even to the point of costing
    them their lives too?
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 16:25
    @kellyjay said
    You are of the opinion that all 66 books were written by people who didn't share
    three different languages that those who wrote many of them were killed for their
    beliefs along with all that took the time of copyi ...[text shortened]... ame through time also were believing in lies too even to the point of costing
    them their lives too?
    Your Abrahamic religion is not true.
    It is manufactured history.
    It is rubbish.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 16:35
    @caissad4 said
    Your Abrahamic religion is not true.
    It is manufactured history.
    It is rubbish.
    You think people conspired over 1500 years, in three different languages, by who
    knows how many people to put together the 66 different books of the Bible to
    promote what? What is it you think they were attempting to manufacture?
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 16:39
    @kellyjay said
    You think people conspired over 1500 years, in three different languages, by who
    knows how many people to put together the 66 different books of the Bible to
    promote what? What is it you think they were attempting to manufacture?
    Very easy to answer.
    They were attempting to create a myth .
    And they were very successful.
    But it is still a lie and manufactured history.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 16:57
    @caissad4 said
    Very easy to answer.
    They were attempting to create a myth .
    And they were very successful.
    But it is still a lie and manufactured history.
    Your proof is?
  13. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 17:14
    @kellyjay said
    Your proof is?
    Examine the history and you will see.
    You cannot shake your belief in a invisible mythological sky god of which you have zero proof in its' existence.
    Proof has nothing to do with your belief system.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 17:14
    @kellyjay said
    beliefs along with all that took the time of copyi ...[text shortened]... ame through time also were believing in lies too even to the point of costing
    them their lives too?
    I do not subscribe to the mythology that the ancient Hebrews wrote for themselves. I do not subscribe to the Jesus-centred religion that broke away from it. I don't think martyrdom is evidence of the veracity of claims of divine revelation.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 17:31
    @fmf said
    I do not subscribe to the mythology that the ancient Hebrews wrote for themselves. I do not subscribe to the Jesus-centred religion that broke away from it. I don't think martyrdom is evidence of the veracity of claims of divine revelation.
    Just trying to make sure I understand your point, you are suggesting that the text of the ancient Hebrews wasn't written by them, their history was made up by someone else? You also think if I understand you that the early Christians were willing to turn their backs on their OT customs that they were raised with from the time they were born, would be willing to die for a lie? They proclaimed a truth in the middle of the most anti-new truth area, and it spread from that one point and you think this is a meaningless fact, it isn’t at all showing you the veracity of their faith? I get that someone may die for a lie thinking it’s the truth, but that would not be the case of the early church they knew first hand it wasn't some old doctrine they were always taught it was new in the face of great opposition.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree