1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 01:351 edit
    @divegeester said
    A bunch of dishonest people/Christians claiming one thing out of one side of their mouth and denying it out of the other. What joke you all are, what a sham your integrity is, what a disgrace to the true gospel.
    Revelation 12:10
    And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Taking your cues from the enemy divegeester?

You're in the wrong camp.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 01:38
    @secondson said
    Revelation 12:10
    And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Taking your cues from the enemy divegeester?

You're in the wrong camp.
    Do you believe God torments those who are damned in a burning fire that lasts for eternity?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 01:39
    @fmf said
    Do you believe God torments those who are damned in a burning fire that lasts for eternity?
    What does the scripture say?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 01:461 edit
    @kellyjay said
    What does the scripture say?
    If you believe that God torments those who are damned in a burning fire that lasts for eternity, then in conjunction with some or all of the 14 elements I have presented, you are a proponent of what I call the torturer god ideology. Just so we are clear.

However, I know you believe God torments the damned in a burning fire that lasts for eternity. You have been unequivocal about it, which - as Ghost of a Duke intimated yesterday - is to your credit.

The question above, of course, was addressed to SecondSon who has - as divegeester put it - been "claiming one thing out of one side of his mouth and denying it out of the other", something that you cannot be accused of on this issue.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 01:57
    @divegeester said
    So you take the 7-headed beast with 10 horns and the whore riding the other beast and horsemen of the apocalypse all at face value do you? You are so full of it KellyJay.
    It is OK to be liberal in your interpretation of things in the Bible, I think, and you are already in a zone where you are basically the King of that...

But are you suggesting that nothing in Rev. is relevant or credible or..?
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 01:58
    @fmf said
    I have. I've been here talking to sonship and others for a decade, That's where I got the 14 elements of the ideology from.
    I doubt that.

And if you did, you had over a decade to refine it so you could actually write it without half of the things grossly overlapping and you could have also chosen to phrase it in a way that is still needling without being some blunt, super-biased slop.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 02:02
    @fmf said
    If you believe that God torments those who are damned in a burning fire that lasts for eternity, then in conjunction with some or all of the 14 elements I have presented, you are a proponent of what I call the torturer god ideology. Just so we are clear.

However, I know you believe God torments the damned in a burning fire that lasts for eternity. You have been unequivocal ab ...[text shortened]... f his mouth and denying it out of the other", something that you cannot be accused of on this issue.
    I believe what it says, and that God does what He does, for the reason He says He is going to do them.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 02:05
    @philokalia said
    I doubt that.
    So what?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 02:07
    @philokalia said
    you had over a decade to refine it so you could actually write it without half of the things grossly overlapping and you could have also chosen to phrase it in a way that is still needling without being some blunt, super-biased slop.
    I think it's good. I get it that you don't. I'm OK with you not thinking it's good. I think it's good. I am happy with it. I can see you're not. I post as I see fit. You should do so too.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 02:112 edits
    @philokalia said
    But are you suggesting that nothing in Rev. is relevant or credible or..?
    As an aside, the Book of Revelation is the reason I am no longer a Christian. A proper contemplation on its source and credibility and purpose was the thin end of a wedge for me about 20 years ago and it led to other reflections and contemplations which in turn led to me being an ex-Christian. I've been through it here on this forum several times so I am not going to go through it again for you. Suffice to say, I sincerely believe the Book of Revelation is a hoax. That was an aside.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 02:15
    @kellyjay said
    I believe what it says, and that God does what He does, for the reason He says He is going to do them.
    I don't believe what it says, and - while I accept that the universe may have been created by some kind of being or intelligence - I don't have any reason to believe, based on the stuff you post here, that you have any knowledge whatsoever of such a being or its wishes or its promises or its threats.
  12. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 02:21
    @fmf said
    I think it's good. I get it that you don't. I'm OK with you not thinking it's good. I think it's good. I am happy with it. I can see you're not. I post as I see fit. You should do so too.
    Oh, I assure you, FMF, it has no bearing on my happiness that you fail to get this right on some day to day basis. That is not to say that I have lost hope in you, or in others, but I am well aware that the number of people who willingly pervert Christian truths are through the roof -- and if we think about it in terms of other ideas that go beyond the realm of religion, I am sure that we're talking about the vast majority of people.

It's just a thing that happens.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 02:22
    @fmf said
    As an aside, the Book of Revelation is the reason I am no longer a Christian. A proper contemplation on its source and credibility and purpose was the thin end of a wedge for me about 20 years ago and it led to other reflections and contemplations which in turn led to be being an ex-Christian. I've been through it here on this forum several times so I am not going to go through i ...[text shortened]... in for you. Suffice to say, I sincerely believe the Book of Revelation is a hoax. That was an aside.
    I am actually surprised. I thought you would have been an atheist from a younger age and it would not have started with doubts about a book which already is treated as exceptional by many Christians.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 02:23
    @philokalia said
    Oh, I assure you, FMF, it has no bearing on my happiness that you fail to get this right on some day to day basis. That is not to say that I have lost hope in you, or in others, but I am well aware that the number of people who willingly pervert Christian truths are through the roof -- and if we think about it in terms of other ideas that go beyond the realm of religion, I am sure that we're talking about the vast majority of people.
    I get it that you don't agree with what I say when I share my perspectives and that you don't approve of how I say it.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 02:24
    @philokalia said
    I am actually surprised. I thought you would have been an atheist from a younger age and it would not have started with doubts about a book which already is treated as exceptional by many Christians.
    I self-identified as a Christian for almost 30 years.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree