1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 14:53
    @rajk999 said
    There are many who have no Holy Spirit who never heard of Christ, that will enter the Kingdom of God. Your faith only doctrine is foolishness. Jesus preached GOOD WORKS.

One of the longest sermons the Sermon on the Mount in Matt 5,6 and 7 where Jesus preached to many thousands of people, contains nothing about faith as a requirement for entry into the Kingdom of God.

Re ...[text shortened]... a lot of Christ's teachings. This is why I will continue to say that your doctrine is of the church.
    Quite the truth statement you are making!

What church are you referring to, I can quote scripture for each point I have made, there is no need to go to some mythical church.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 15:051 edit
    More from James

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
    Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works:
    shew me thy faith without thy works,
    and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
    (James 2:17-18 KJV)

Good works show or demonstrate faith.
    Faith does not necessarily lead to good works.

There are some that will enter the Kingdom of God by faith alone.
    Some by both faith and good works.
    Some by good works.

You are clearly a faith only person.
    That is fine but your error is in continually condemning good works.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 15:121 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Quite the truth statement you are making!

What church are you referring to, I can quote scripture for each point I have made, there is no need to go to some mythical church.
    If you can quote scripture for your doctrine, and you still do not understand what Jesus wants then you have failed. You are no better than people like sonship, second son, whodey, djbecker and others who boast of their faith and condemn good works, and ridicule the commandments of Christ

Your doctrine is along the very same lines and you produce the very same arguments as they do. You are part of a church and you are influenced by a church. Jesus Christ and His teachings have not entered your heart.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 15:241 edit
    @rajk999 said
    If you can quote scripture for your doctrine, and you still do not understand what Jesus wants then you have failed. You are no better than people like sonship, second son, whodey, djbecker and others who boast of their faith and condemn good works, and ridicule the commandments of Christ

Your doctrine is along the very same lines and you produce the very same arguments as ...[text shortened]... urch and you are influenced by a church. Jesus Christ and His teachings have not entered your heart.
    When I get home today I’ll share scripture. The thing you need to keep in mind all scripture will agree with itself, we may not agree on what is being said, so if our interpretation disagrees with text it is our opinions and understanding that needs to be fixed not the Word.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 15:34
    @kellyjay said
    When I get home today I share scripture. The thing you need to keep in mind all scripture will agree with itself, we may not agree on what is being said, so if our interpretation disagrees with text it is our opinions and understanding that needs to be fixed not the Word.
    You think Im interested in your church doctrine?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 15:431 edit
    @rajk999 said
    You think Im interested in your church doctrine?
    You have no idea what church I go to and it’s doctrine.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 19:48
    @kellyjay said
    When I get home today I’ll share scripture. The thing you need to keep in mind all scripture will agree with itself, we may not agree on what is being said, so if our interpretation disagrees with text it is our opinions and understanding that needs to be fixed not the Word.
    Lets see that in practical terms. The many thousands and thousands who heard some of the words of Christ., these people need to read all the words of scripture to see if they have interpreted scripture correctly.

The preaching of Christ was not sufficient for eternal life then according to you.

These are the kinds of statements you and others make that lead me to state categorically that you people are not of Christ. You belong to a church and you follow the church teachings. No better than the JWs who follow the Watchtower teachings and have written their own bible. No better than sonship and the group started by Watchman etc and who have also written their own bible.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 20:31
    @kellyjay said
    I thought you didn’t
    We have smart humans who can think about morality, no god needed.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 20:38
    @sonhouse said
    We have smart humans who can think about morality, no god needed.
    Really, you think each of us makes up our own morals or there is an absolute?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 00:021 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Really, you think each of us makes up our own morals or there is an absolute?
    Moral values and norms come from a combination of nature and nurture. The term "nurture" covers unique [for each and every human] combinations of things like upbringing, education, culture, religious affiliation, experience, events, travel, family, community and so on. The term "nature" refers to our hard wiring as human beings. To ask if "each of us makes up our own morals" sounds puerile and fatuous.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 02:28
    @rajk999 said
    More from James

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
    Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works:
    shew me thy faith without thy works,
    and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
    (James 2:17-18 KJV)

Good works show or demonstrate faith.
    Faith does not necessarily lead to good works.

There are some that will enter ...[text shortened]... e clearly a faith only person.
    That is fine but your error is in continually condemning good works.
    Who here has said we can enter into the Kingdom of God by faith without works?
    No one is going to enter the Kingdom of God by faith alone, faith without works is dead, even you quote that. No one is going to enter the Kingdom of God by works alone we are saved by faith not works. Even the thief on the cross made a profession of faith, putting his faith into Jesus.

What God does require is God's Spirit in the lives of His children, Jesus actually baptizes with the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 2:8
    For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

John 1:33
    I myself did not know him, but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’

Romans 5:5
    and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Romans 8:9
    You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 03:06
    @rajk999 said
    Obviously you are a very poor reader. I quoted you several bible passages that state clearly that in the end the criteria for entry into the Kingdom of God is GOOD WORKS.
    Faith without works is dead. So obviously the works are a result of faith. We are not saved by works lest anyone should boast. You are in denial about the total depravity of mankind. We are dead in our sins before the spirit of God raises us with Christ. Feel free to explain how exactly a corpse is capable of good works.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 05:42
    @rajk999 said

Your doctrine is along the very same lines and you produce the very same arguments as ...[text shortened]... urch and you are influenced by a church. Jesus Christ and His teachings have not entered your heart.
    Quote one person boasting about their faith here or ridiculing the commandments of Christ. You clearly have an agenda.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 11:22
    @dj2becker said
    Faith without works is dead. So obviously the works are a result of faith. We are not saved by works lest anyone should boast. You are in denial about the total depravity of mankind. We are dead in our sins before the spirit of God raises us with Christ. Feel free to explain how exactly a corpse is capable of good works.
    I will leave Christ to deal with your type as per Matt 25.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 11:351 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Who here has said we can enter into the Kingdom of God by faith without works?
    No one is going to enter the Kingdom of God by faith alone, faith without works is dead, even you quote that. No one is going to enter the Kingdom of God by works alone we are saved by faith not works. Even the thief on the cross made a profession of faith, putting his faith into Jesus.

What G ...[text shortened]... e Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
    Those with the Holy Spirit are reminded of the teachings of Christ and of his commandments. Clearly Christians like you and many here only profess to have something you know nothing of. You are a sham and a fake.

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me,
    he will keep my words: and my Father will love him,
    and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
    He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings:
    and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
    These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
    But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost,
    whom the Father will send in my name,
    he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance,
    whatsoever I have said unto you. (John 14:23-26 KJV)

Those who have the Holy Spirit,
    are constantly reminded of of the teachings of Christ
    and love Christ.
    They will therefore keep Christ commandments,
    and tell others to keep the commandments as well.

People like you, sonship, second son, djbecker and several others profess to have the HS but you never quote the teachings of Christ about good works and about keeping the commandments, and never tell others to keep the commandments.

You have no Holy Spirit dwelling in you. You are a fake.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree