A Farm For Growing Christ

A Farm For Growing Christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22
1 edit

Within the saints God is growing. That is why the New Testament speaks of "the growth of God"

It is not that God can grow within Himself as if He needed to grow.
Rather it is God planted in man via Jesus Christ grows in man to fill man.

" . . . holdingf the Head [Christ] out from whom all the Body, being richly supplied and knit together by means of the joints and sinews, grows with the growth of God." (Col. 2:19)

The practical church and every fellowship of believers gathered into His name should be about supplying one another with Christ that the Body may grow "with the growth of God" God growing in those who have received Christ as Lord.

What a purpose to live for!

F

Moves
02 Jan 22

@sonship said
It is not that God can grow within Himself as if He needed to grow.
Rather it is God planted in man via Jesus Christ grows in man to fill man.
Do you believe "Satan" also has a farm?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22

@fmf said
Do you believe "Satan" also has a farm?
Satan sows tares among the wheat. He corrupts the farm.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22
4 edits

The believers in the city of Corinth were the temple of God.
Paul had to bring this positive revelation to their attention.

"Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you." (1 Cor. 3:17)

Ie. "Corinthain Christians, God is growing Christ in you. He is growing Christ in you with "the growth of God". The more He grows in you the more you are being builded together into the temple of God in Corinth. "

The Lord has a recovery. We have been distracted. We have been side tracked.
What is it all for? That God may grow in the saved for the building up of the "habitation of God in spirit" (Eph. 2:22)

"Lord Jesus, Why was I saved?"

We were saved for the building up of the habitation (dwelling place) of God in spirit.
Two by two.
Three by three.
Gathered into His name.
In each locality - for the growing of God in man and the building up of the living temple of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22
2 edits

@PB1022

PB1022,

Can you tell me. In the church in Corinth there were many issues and problems. What was the FIRST problem that Paul dealt with in this church ?

Can you tell me? Where did he start when ministering to them ?

Moves
02 Jan 22

Is this a discussion or another blog?

Moves
02 Jan 22

@sonship said
A practical church should be planting Christ in men and growing Christ in men. A church should be a farm for growing Christ in man.
This reminds me of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22
4 edits

@Kevin-Eleven

This reminds me of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

It should. Or better still the movie Alien.

Satan sowed himself into man's body at the fall Adam. We've been snatched by the Devil ever since.

"And Jehovah God ceommanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden you may eat freely. But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, of it you shall not eat' for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die." (Genesis 2:16,17)

Christ came to give man back to the purpose of God to unite man with the uncreated and divine eternal Person.

If you want to know what this total mingling of God and humanity looks like you have to study Jesus in the four Gospels to start. If you want to know what man infested with God's enemy looks like there is your the whole world to see. We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

No one is neutral anymore. We were born corrupted and are currpting.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22
10 edits

@divegeester

Point me to where you answered my question in another thread.

Could there be a genuine church today ? - Yes or No.

Yes = there could be a genuine church today continuing the reality of what God started in Acts.

No = since those days of the church in Jerusalem whatever is called a church now is by defnition a division, a denomination.

If you come back with - you'll answer only if I answer something I already wrote plenty in respnse to, then this is a "blog" to you because you are not recipricol.

Moves
02 Jan 22

@sonship said
@divegeester

Point me to where you answered my question in another thread.

Could there be a genuine church today ? - Yes or No.

Yes = there could be a genuine church today continuing the reality of what God started in Acts.

No = since those days of the church in Jerusalem whatever is called a chu ...[text shortened]... g I already wrote plenty in respnse to, then this is a "blog" to you because you are not recipricol.
Over the last few years you seemed to me to have slipped further in the cultism and error of the Recovery/Lee movement.

This latest muse about “growing Christ on a farm “ is just the latest line in corporate religious duck speak from someone in your group. You are simply regurgitating it here.

It’s equivalent of pulp fiction, man made up religious twaddle.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22
4 edits

@divegeester

As expected, no answer.
You want to hold others' feet to the flame and strut around like you're some invincible prosecuting attorney.

When YOU are asked a question often diatribes and evasions pour out.

Now excuse me. I have more points of importance on First Corinthians.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22

There is no getting around that under inspiration of the Holy Spirit Paul wrote about the church in Corinth -

"For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's cultivated land, God's building." (1 Cor. 3:9)

God's farm for the growth of God in man.
God's building for the temple of God.

Now this verse about God's cultivated land, God's bulding goes very well with another verse which say practically the same thing.

"That Christ may makle His home in your hearts through faith, that you, having been rooted and grounded in love . . . " (EPh. 3:17)

Rooted is for planting and drawing up nutrients for growth.

Grounded is for building.

"God's cultivated land" requires Christians be ROOTED in Him.
"God's . . . building" requires that Christians be GROUNDED in Him.

God is love.

Moves
02 Jan 22

@sonship said

God is love.
Perhaps, but man isn't God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Part of my being is God.
Part of the being of every born again person is God.

We can have the boldness to speak this because the New Testament tells us -
"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit." (1 Cor. 6:17)

The Christian can confidently affirm that the word of God teaches that the human spirit becomes "one spirit" with God the Spirit. The two spirits haave been united, intertwined., mingle4d, and blended to be "one spirit" .

That is what the Bible says.
So in that sense we who are born of God can affirm that part of our being is God.

"The Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit that we are children of God." (Romans 8:16)

Moves
02 Jan 22
1 edit

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Part of my being is God.
Part of the being of every born again person is God.

We can have the boldness to speak this because the New Testament tells us -
"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit." (1 Cor. 6:17)

The Christian can confidently affirm that the word of God teaches that the human spirit becomes "one spirit" wi ...[text shortened]...
"The Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit that we are children of God." (Romans 8:16)
Sure, but that isn't the same as being deified.

Think of it as you being a sherbet lemon dissolving into glass of hot water. Use the word 'mingled' if it pleases you, but at the end of the day you are still a lemon.