A Farm For Growing Christ

A Farm For Growing Christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
02 Jan 22
1 edit

@sonship said
Somebody asnwer me.

I am not just an admirer of the divine nature.
I am a PARTAKER of the divine nature.

How can I be a "partaker of the divine nature" (2 Pet. 1:4) but the divine nature not be in my possession?
You’re a cult member doing your thing, copy pasting other people’s ideas and trying to look good on the back of their inspirations.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22

@sonship said
Come and argue with me Christainity.

How can we Christians be "partakers of the divine nature" (2 Pet. 1:4) and the divine nature not be in our possession ?
Not arguing but providing this verse:

“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

(2 Corinthians 5:21)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22
2 edits

@PB1022

“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

Amen.
Tremendous. That surely is one of the "exceedingly great and precious promises." Wouldn't you say?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22

@sonship said
@PB1022

Amen.
Tremendous. The is one of the [b]"exceedingly great and precious promises." Wouldn't you say.
Yes.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22
1 edit

@PB1022

The key words are "IN HIM" . It is not in ourselves at all.

It is all in vitue of our being in Him.

Do you think I am being unnecessarily provokative? I sympathize some with those shocked to hear that part of us is God ? But what can we do?

We have been firmly attached to Christ. That is not loosely attached but firmly.

"But the One who firmly attaches us with you unto Christ and has anounted us is God." (1 Cor. 1:21)

He has firmly attached to Christ and dispensed into us the Spirit of Christ to be one spirit with our spirit as a PLEDGE and FORETASTE and a APPETIZER of more enjoyment and attachment to come. We have been eternally SEALED.

"He who has also sealed us and given the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge." (v.22)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22

Christians - Satan is terrified of the normal church life.

It is not a battle against flesh and blood.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22

@sonship said
Christians - Satan is terrified of the normal church life.

It is not a battle against flesh and blood.
Totally agree. (Notice in the last verse of this passage, the Apostle Paul talks about praying in the Spirit.)

“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;”

(Ephesians 6:10-18)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Please provide relevant scriptural references for 'mingled' or 'God-ized' or explain why scripture is so insufficient that you feel the zealous compulsion to add to it.

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17) shows the Holy Spirit of God Who is God in regeneration mingled with the human spirit of the regenerated human being.

What was once to seperated spirits now through regeneration makes the two "one spirit" . They are united.

The spirit with the Holy Spirit spread and permeated more and more of Paul's inward parts until Christ's inward parts were Paul's inward parts and Paul's inward parts were the inward parts of Christ.

"For God is my witness how I long after you all in the inward parts of Christ." (Phil. 1:8)

See? Paul longed. Paul had strong emotions. But it was his longing "in the inward parts of Christ."

This shows Christ being mingled with man.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22
6 edits

Paul longed for the Philppians. But his longing was "in the inward parts of Christ."

Christ had grown in Paul.
Christ had been formed in Paul.
Christ has expanded and permeated Paul building Himself into Paul.

Paul labors on the churches that Christ would grow in the believers.

In Corinth - "For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's cultivated land, God's building." (1 Cor. 3:9)

And in the churches in Galatia - "My children, with whom I travail again in birth until Christ is formed in you." (Gal. 4:19)

Moves
02 Jan 22

@sonship said
Come and argue with me Christainity.

How can we Christians be "partakers of the divine nature" (2 Pet. 1:4) and the divine nature not be in our possession ?
I partake in a roast dinner. I don't become the roast dinner.

Moves
02 Jan 22

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Please provide relevant scriptural references for 'mingled' or 'God-ized' or explain why scripture is so insufficient that you feel the zealous compulsion to add to it.

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17) shows the Holy Spirit of God Who is God in regeneration mingled with the human spirit of the regenera ...[text shortened]... his longing "in the inward parts of Christ."

This shows Christ being mingled with man.
So, no mingled or God-ized?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I showed you mingling.
If you intend to ignore, you ignore.

Yes, in spite of "you are what you eat" the turkey getting into your tissues and becoming you is only a shadow of the real eating.

In the real eating we take in God and He mingles His living life with our lives.

You alluded to The All-inclusive Christ once. Now I paste in something of the first chapter to see what the reality of food is in distinction to the shadow of eating food.

copied without permiossion from The All-inclusive Christ by Witness Lee

CHRIST THE REALITY OF ALL
First of all, I would ask you to realize that according to the Scriptures all physical things, all the material things that we see, touch, and enjoy, are not the real things. They are but a shadow, a figure, of the true. Day by day we are contacting so many material objects: we are eating food, drinking water, putting on clothes; we are living in our houses and driving in our cars. I would ask you to realize and remember well that all these things are not real. They are but shadows, figures. The food we take every day is not the real food but a figure of the real. The water we drink is not the real water. The light before our eyes is not the real light but a figure pointing to something else.

Then what are the real things? Brothers and sisters, I would by the grace of God tell you in truth that the real things are nothing but Christ Himself. Christ is the real food to us. Christ is the real water to us. Christ is the real light to us. Christ is the reality of everything to us. Even our physical life is not a real life. It is but a figure pointing to Christ. Christ is the real life to us. If you do not have Christ, you do not have life. You will say, “I am living; I have life in my body.” But you must realize that this is not the real life. It is merely a shadow pointing to the real life, which is Christ Himself.

Day by day while living in my house, I have the realization and feeling that it is not my real dwelling. One day I said to the Lord, “Lord, this is not my dwelling place. This is not the real one; this is nothing. Lord, You Yourself are my dwelling place.” Yes, He is the real habitation to us.

Now I would ask you a question. Probably this has never occurred to you. You may be quite clear that Christ is your food, that Christ is your living water, that Christ is your light, and that Christ is your life. But let me ask you, have you ever realized that Christ is the very land on which you are living? Christ is the land. You may feel that day by day you are living on the earth, on this piece of land, but you must realize that the earth is not your real land. Even the earth is nothing but a figure pointing to Christ. Christ is the real land to us. Food is a figure, water is a figure, light is a figure, our life is a figure, and the land is a figure too. Christ is the real land to us. I must tell you that I have been a Christian for more than thirty years, but never until recent years did I have the thought that Christ is the land to me. I knew that Christ to me is the life, the light, the food, and everything, but not the land.

https://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?cid=1C

Moves
02 Jan 22

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I showed you mingling.
If you intend to ignore, you ignore.

Yes, in spite of "you are what you eat" the turkey getting into your tissues and becoming you is only a shadow of the real eating.

In the real eating we take in God and He mingles His living life with our lives.

You alluded to The All-inclusive Christ once. Now I paste in som ...[text shortened]... od, and everything, but not the land.

[/quote]

https://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?cid=1C
No sonship. I ask for God-ized and you gave me godliness. I ask for mingled and you give me 'one spirit' and kid yourself they are the same thing.

Witness Lee has you believing in man's deification and you twist scripture repeatedly to support his claim. You have become the modern-day equivalent of the Folly of Babel.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I partake in a roast dinner. I don't become the roast dinner.
The man is a fool. Similarly the bible says that Christians are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb, and the idiot change that to mean he is invited to get married to Christ. He just does not know his place. He is the pushy type who gets invited to your home and when you meet him you just want to throw him out skating on his butt.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22
1 edit

@PB1022

Not arguing but providing this verse:

We praise Him that He has been made our Redeemer.
We have HIm as our righteousness. Fantastic.

More now.
We are to grow up into Him in . . . ALL THINGS.
In each and every thing, in all things we are to grow up into Christ the Head of the Body.

" But holding to truth in love, we may grow up into Him in all things, who is the Head, Christ." (Eph. 4:15)

From our Redeemer growing up in Christ by "the growth of God" INTO Him in everything, all things.

So we need to be on the farm. And if we are not growing we can gather in small groups in His name to nourish, cherish, and supply one another. In these days we need companionship in His name.