1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 14:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In other words, no. Not only that, but a slave owner could rape a female slave every day of the year with impunity:

Leviticus 19:20-22: "And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free. An ...[text shortened]... y maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai."
    Well praise God I don't have to follow these commandments anymore!
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 14:15
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Clearly then you do not love Christ or know Christ. Your faith is vain and just empty words. The end of those who fail to follow Christ is death;

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. (John 14:21-24 KJV)
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 14:18
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Clearly then you do not love Christ or know Christ. Your faith is vain and just empty words. The end of those who fail to follow Christ is death;

[b]He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me
    : and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Judas saith unto hi ...[text shortened]... nd the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. (John 14:21-24 KJV)
    [/b]
    Idiot loser scumbag I was talking about the old commandments. The new ones I can follow, dumbass.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 14:18
    https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&ei=rJPCU7XtJoTyoATzzYKoAg&q=the+worst+slave+owners+oscar+wilde&oq=the+worst+black+slave+owner&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.1.0i22i30l3.1396.19674.0.22395.32.30.2.8.8.0.624.8448.0j3j19j6j1j1.30.0....0...1c.1.48.mobile-gws-hp..5.27.5391.3.aPORvk9rnR4#q=list+of+slave+owners+that+was+black
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 14:21
    Idiot loser scumbag I was talking about the old commandments. The new ones I can follow, dumbass.
    One of Jesus's Commandments was if you've ever hated somebody you've murdered somebody! If you've ever lusted after a woman you've committed adultery! Tell me that you've never done that, if you say no you're a liar! That's why you need to be in daily repentance!
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 14:26
    Nice response 😀 ... I love it.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 14:27
    One of Jesus's Commandments was if you've ever hated somebody you've murdered somebody! If you've ever lusted after a woman you've committed adultery! Tell me that you've never done that, if you say no you're a liar! That's why you need to be in daily repentance!
    Everyone needs daily repentance. What is your point?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 14:321 edit
    So it's ok to cherry pick the bible, reject that which you don't like and follow the things in it you like. Good to know that.

Is it safe for me to assume you feel those verses are morally reprehensible?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 22:43
    So it's ok to cherry pick the bible, reject that which you don't like and follow the things in it you like. Good to know that.

It is not cherry picking. It is called reading all of it and determining what is in effect today and what has been superseded by newer and better laws that provide more liberty.

A law may have been useful at one time in the past that under modern situations have become obsolete. We see the same thing in many laws of the United States, so there is no reason to expect all the laws of an ancient people to to have survived without change over 3000 years. One must use their common sense in these matters.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 22:542 edits

Wow. It's like talking to RJH about plate tectonics. He just doesn't get it.

What you don't get here is that Mosaic Law (the Law given by Moses from God, outlined in Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy) is for Jews. Christians, who are mostly Gentiles, and those who understand that Jesus, the Son of God, is our Lord and Savior, are not beholden to that law. We have a different covenant with God, which Jesus outlined in Matthew. It's not that we find them (the Mosaic Laws) morally reprehensible, it's that they simply do not apply to us.

"Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
    Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
    Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    This is the first and great commandment.
    And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." -- Matthew 22:35-40, KJV
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 23:32
    And where did you get your doctorate in "Quick Wit and Repartee" ?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 04:192 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Wow. It's like talking to RJH about plate tectonics. He just doesn't get it.

What you don't get here is that Mosaic Law (the Law given by Moses from God, outlined in Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy) is for Jews. Christians, who are mostly Gentiles, and those who understand that Jesus, the Son of God, is our Lord and Savior, are not beholden to that ...[text shortened]... thyself.
    On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." -- Matthew 22:35-40, KJV
    If that is the case, why do you include the OT in your bible, since you clearly don't follow the rules there? Christians should only have the NT as their bible.

I still think the OT is used by Christians as a rationale to condone the treatment of women and slavery which is still very much with us.

There is no 'thou shalt not own slaves' anywhere in either book.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 04:51
    If that is the case, why do you include the OT in your bible, since you clearly don't follow the rules there? Christians should only have the NT as their bible.

I still think the OT is used by Christians as a rationale to condone the treatment of women and slavery which is still very much with us.

There is no 'thou shalt not own slaves' anywhere in either book.
    It is included because it is part of the history of God's chosen people.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 12:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is included because it is part of the history of God's chosen people.
    Well then, it should be part of a history book and not part of your bible.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 12:48
    Actually, its a case of religious OCD.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree