Electron spin

Electron spin

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
06 Jan 20

@metal-brain said
Are you saying electrons are one-dimensional?
If you want to understand the mathematical framework, you'll have to study it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Jan 20

@KazetNagorra
That would mean he would have to believe the works being studied and that is another issue.

MB

Moves
06 Jan 20

@kazetnagorra said
If you want to understand the mathematical framework, you'll have to study it.
I don't have to study anything. If you are claiming electrons are one dimensional then it cannot possibly be a particle. Particles are three dimensional.

You are in error.

K

Germany

Moves
06 Jan 20

@metal-brain said
I don't have to study anything. If you are claiming electrons are one dimensional then it cannot possibly be a particle. Particles are three dimensional.

You are in error.
Of course you don't have to study the topic at hand if you don't want to. I'm just saying that doing so is a helpful step towards understanding that topic.

MB

Moves
06 Jan 20

@kazetnagorra said
Of course you don't have to study the topic at hand if you don't want to. I'm just saying that doing so is a helpful step towards understanding that topic.
Simple question:
How can a particle be one dimensional? It can't. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

The excerpt from wikipedia is not referring to an electron. Either that or it is wrong.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
06 Jan 20

@metal-brain said

You are in error.
Particles are three dimensional.
Why do you think this? Part of the reason for the introduction of String Theory as a speculative theory of everything is that the divergences that plague quantum field theories are due to elementary particles being pointlike.

MB

Moves
06 Jan 20

@deepthought said
Particles are three dimensional.
Why do you think this? Part of the reason for the introduction of String Theory as a speculative theory of everything is that the divergences that plague quantum field theories are due to elementary particles being pointlike.
Are you claiming that the theoretical strings in string theory are particles?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jan 20

@metal-brain said

You are in error.
You'll be more than happy to give us the dimensions of a quark, then.

In meters, please.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jan 20
1 edit

@metal-brain said
Are you claiming that the theoretical strings in string theory are particles?
You are NEVER, not in a million years, ever going to convince anyone here that you have even the minutest knowledge and understanding of string theory.

Or quantum physics.

You don't even have a working knowledge of relativity.

Does basic physics give you this much trouble too?

K

Germany

Moves
06 Jan 20

@metal-brain said
Simple question:
How can a particle be one dimensional? It can't. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

The excerpt from wikipedia is not referring to an electron. Either that or it is wrong.
I never claimed or suggested that "electrons are one-dimensional," whatever it is you think that means.

I copy-pasted the excerpt to help you understand that intrinsic spin and classical angular momentum associated to a rotating object are not the same thing.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
07 Jan 20
1 edit

@kazetnagorra said
I never claimed or suggested that "electrons are one-dimensional," whatever it is you think that means.

I copy-pasted the excerpt to help you understand that intrinsic spin and classical angular momentum associated to a rotating object are not the same thing.
Well the point traces out a line in 4 dimensional space-time, but he's just asking scatter gun questions.

Matthew 7:6 comes to mind.

MB

Moves
07 Jan 20

@suzianne said
You'll be more than happy to give us the dimensions of a quark, then.

In meters, please.
Learn the difference between an electron and a quark. Digress much?

MB

Moves
07 Jan 20

@kazetnagorra said

Your excerpt was of no value at all. The uncertainty principal has to do with a path an electron takes, not it's spin. Wikipedia is an unreliable source as well. I think this is a good example. Your excerpt from wiki doesn't make sense.

h

Moves
07 Jan 20

@metal-brain said
Wikipedia is an unreliable source
You are a far more unreliable source.

MB

Moves
07 Jan 20

@humy said
You are a far more unreliable source.
The uncertainty principal has to do with a path an electron takes, not it's spin. Trolling will not change that.