Electron spin

Electron spin

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Jan 20

@Metal-Brain
You might want to consider the concept of you being stubborn rather than Kaz being evasive. You might, if you had a way to search on Google, do quantum spin for dummies.
There actually is a site like that if the one Kaz gave you is too thick.

MB

Moves
07 Jan 20

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
You might want to consider the concept of you being stubborn rather than Kaz being evasive. You might, if you had a way to search on Google, do quantum spin for dummies.
There actually is a site like that if the one Kaz gave you is too thick.
LOL!
Everybody knows better than that.

You are in your own little world where facts are lies and lies are facts. I will leave you to your Orwellian Utopia.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jan 20

@Metal-Brain
You are just proving my point. Did you actually google quantum spin for dummies?
Obviously not. So you REVEL in your ignorance.

K

Germany

Moves
08 Jan 20

@metal-brain said
In other words, you are incapable of explaining what we were talking about and you choose to be evasive. Noted.
I have a PhD in theoretical physics and a decade of research experience. I am happy to answer any questions you may have about electron spin, but you appear to lack an honest desire to understand the subject matter at hand.

MB

Moves
08 Jan 20

@kazetnagorra said
I have a PhD in theoretical physics and a decade of research experience. I am happy to answer any questions you may have about electron spin, but you appear to lack an honest desire to understand the subject matter at hand.
Good. I will start with some basic questions so there is no misunderstanding. Then I will ask better questions later.

What is an electron?
Is it a 3 dimensional particle?
What is electron spin?
Is electron spin a rotational spin?

K

Germany

Moves
08 Jan 20

@metal-brain said
Good. I will start with some basic questions so there is no misunderstanding. Then I will ask better questions later.

What is an electron?
What is electron spin?
For those extremely general questions, I refer you to the respective Wikipedia articles. If there are any specifics there that are unclear to you, let me know.

h

Moves
08 Jan 20
2 edits

@metal-brain said

What is an electron?
What is electron spin?
Why should any of us waste our time answering such general question for you when we all know you have absolutely no interest in knowing the answers or learning something new but rather you have already formed your wild delusional ignorant opinions on what the answers are that you know full well no science expert here would agree with and you are just asking purely to get into one of your raging arguments where you shout "LIAR" etc when we disagree with whatever idiotic opinions you have formed about the answers?
If you REALLY want to know, look up what the REAL science says, read it without your usual bias and ignorant opinions and make sure this time you truly understand at least a significant part of it, and then only THEN come back to us; Don't expect us to babysit you. Grow up.

MB

Moves
09 Jan 20

@kazetnagorra said
For those extremely general questions, I refer you to the respective Wikipedia articles. If there are any specifics there that are unclear to you, let me know.
I'm not asking to find out what wikipedia says, I'm asking to find out what you say. I want to make sure you do not confuse orbit with spin like the other morons on here.

h

Moves
09 Jan 20
1 edit

@metal-brain said
I'm not asking to find out what wikipedia says, I'm asking to find out what you say. I want to make sure you do not confuse orbit with spin like the other morons on here.
In other words, you are not asking because you are interested in learning from us science experts but just trolling and you have the arrogant delusion that you think you, the non-expert, knows better about science than us science experts. It is you who is being the moron here, not us.

K

Germany

Moves
09 Jan 20

@metal-brain said
I didn't find anything in the Wikipedia article that was incorrect (otherwise I would have edited them). So what I say is what Wiki says. You should be able to verify quite easily the differences between electron orbit and electron spin.

MB

Moves
09 Jan 20

@kazetnagorra said
I didn't find anything in the Wikipedia article that was incorrect (otherwise I would have edited them). So what I say is what Wiki says. You should be able to verify quite easily the differences between electron orbit and electron spin.
Electron spin is a rotational spin, right?

h

Moves
09 Jan 20

@metal-brain said
If you want to know (which you don't), just look it up at wiki.

MB

Moves
09 Jan 20

@humy said
If you want to know (which you don't), just look it up at wiki.
I didn't ask you. If I had confidence any of you knew what you were talking about I would not have to ask these basic questions I should not have to. Blame sonhouse for confusing spin with orbit. For all I know you are all making the same mistake.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jan 20

@Metal-Brain

I was never confused about electron orbits. I already said it was not like planets around the sun.
I don't understand the spin thing, it is a lot more complicated than just comparing it to a spinning top.

K

Germany

Moves
09 Jan 20

@metal-brain said
No, it's an intrinsic form of angular momentum.