Does Science Reveal Truth?

Does Science Reveal Truth?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
31 Dec 19

@humy said
We ALL (as in the science experts here) said it because it is true. What has that got to do with it?
There is no logical contradiction in space expanding from a single point; if that's what you are implying?
I never once claimed/implied that it didn't expand from one single point.
Read up on it and learn. There is no one BBT that is universally agreed on. You are making false assertions again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

h

Moves
31 Dec 19
2 edits

@metal-brain said
Read up on it and learn.
I studied it at university and there is nothing you know about it I don't.
What are you claiming I asserted about physics that is false? Be specific.
I never asserted at least several of the things you implied I asserted.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 Dec 19

@Metal-Brain
A singularity just says our physics isn't advanced enough to see what is really going on. We have yet to see that bit of physics, and may take an entirely new direction of physics, new theories superceding all of them we have now like string theory or M Brane theory. It is intuitive there should be no singularity but nobody can prove it just yet.

MB

Moves
01 Jan 20

@humy said
I studied it at university and there is nothing you know about it I don't.
What are you claiming I asserted about physics that is false? Be specific.
I never asserted at least several of the things you implied I asserted.
You don't know how big the universe is. How can you possibly know how it came about? The BBT is just a theory that supports our tendency to assume an origin. Nobody knows if it started from a singularity. It is a nice theory and all, but it is just a theory. Trying to discredit someone because of the belief in an entirely different theory is how sonhouse started this. He has failed again and so have you.

h

Moves
01 Jan 20

@metal-brain said
You don't know how big the universe is. in and so have you.
So what?
Nobody including you knows the size of the universe, only the approximate size of the observable universe.
I never asserted/implied the size of the universe so I didn't make any false assertion there!
How can you possibly know how it came about?

I know how it came about involves the big bang.
I never asserted/implied I know more about where it came from beyond that so I didn't make any false assertion there!
What has the 'size' of the universe got to do with that?

You keep saying recently I am making false assertions but you STILL haven't told me a single example of such a false assertion you accuse me of keep making. Why is that? Are you just lying as usual?

MB

Moves
01 Jan 20

@humy said
So what?
Nobody including you knows the size of the universe, only the approximate size of the observable universe.
I never asserted/implied the size of the universe so I didn't make any false assertion there!
How can you possibly know how it came about?

I know how it came about involves the big bang.
I never asserted/implied I know more about where it c ...[text shortened]... e of such a false assertion you accuse me of keep making. Why is that? Are you just lying as usual?
The big bang is just a theory. You don't know it started from a singularity and expanded. That is speculation.

h

Moves
01 Jan 20
6 edits

@metal-brain said
You don't know it started from a singularity and expanded.
I am not absolutely certain it started with a 'true' singularity because there are some not too unreasonable alternative scientific theories on that but, either way, it must have started from an arbitrarily very 'compact' state, if that's the right word for it, which we may at least loosely and without being pedantic still call a 'singularity'. But this is just arguing the toss over trivial semantics. But I am absolutely certain and know that it expanded from that very compact state that we at least for now keep referring as a 'singularity' because we don't have any alternative word for it. So that is what I mean when I say the big bang started from the expansion of a "singularity"; I don't necessarily mean a 'true' singularity but something we scientists keep calling a 'singularity' because for now we have no better word for it and what we mean by a 'singularity' in this case is a massively compressed state but we still not sure if it was a 'true' singularity.
So, what's your point here?

You keep saying recently I am making false assertions but you STILL haven't told me a single example of such a false assertion you accuse me of keep making. Why don't you?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Jan 20

@Metal-Brain
Your mission is to prove all science wrong and therefore the proof of YOUR incredible intelligence, WAY smarter than all those idiots like Newton, Einstein, Hawking, Fermi, Feynman.....

MB

Moves
01 Jan 20

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
Your mission is to prove all science wrong and therefore the proof of YOUR incredible intelligence, WAY smarter than all those idiots like Newton, Einstein, Hawking, Fermi, Feynman.....
My mission is to reveal the truth and sometimes theories get proven wrong and there are persistent myths that many scientists believe. I don't think you are interested in the truth. You resent anybody who doesn't agree with your opinions unless you can prove them wrong.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Jan 20

@Metal-Brain
I go by evidence. You go by whomever you think is the right genius to bolster your case, your genius of the month club.

h

Moves
02 Jan 20

@metal-brain said
My mission is to reveal the truth
Wow, you think you know the truth and better than the scientists and condescending say you will reveal the truth to them. That's delusional arrogance.

MB

Moves
02 Jan 20

@humy said
Wow, you think you know the truth and better than the scientists and condescending say you will reveal the truth to them. That's delusional arrogance.
Wow, in another thread you say scientists disagree all the time and now you have no tolerance for disagreement. That is hypocrisy!

MB

Moves
02 Jan 20

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
I go by evidence. You go by whomever you think is the right genius to bolster your case, your genius of the month club.
What evidence? I don't even know what you are talking about. You went on some ridiculous rant saying I think Newton is a moron or something like that. I have never criticized Newton at all.

You are making stuff up that is not true. If you cannot be honest don't bother posting such nonsense on here.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Jan 20

@Metal-Brain

Yes, since you are stuck scientifically in the 19th century, you would be way ok with Newt, but Einstein, all that 20th century BS, forget it.

h

Moves
02 Jan 20

@metal-brain said
Wow, in another thread you say scientists disagree all the time and now you have no tolerance for disagreement.
you are NOT a scientist in disagreement.