1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 21:58
    @humy said
    for reasons beyond your comprehension but not ours.
    In other words, you are incapable of answering the question.

There is no logical reason for gravity to cause time dilation. Brian Greene said "things do not like to age, objects are attracted to places where time is slower".

It is not my fault you are not as smart as Einstein. Einstein never said gravity caused time dilation for a reason, it doesn't. Green understands Einstein and it is you that cannot comprehend GR.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 22:29
    @Metal-Brain

No the real problem is you not being able to understand the answers.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 23:05
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain

No the real problem is you not being able to understand the answers.
    Why would time dilation result from gravity? Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence. Einstein never proposed such an absurd idea. It is a myth.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 00:06
    @Metal-Brain
    So when your buddy Greene said that, you figure it became gold and the new standard.
    But when two separate sets of physics produce time flow changes you have no argument that TD CAUSES gravity.
    How then would TD cause a spacecraft to go fast? I'm sure NASA would LOVE to hear about that.
    You can't have it both ways. Gravity is a bending of spacetime due to mass in our universe. Going fast is a bending of spacetime in our universe. Different physics causing TD. You fail bigtime. You just are too stubborn to admit it and I have no doubt you will respond with 'I'm right and you are wrong' yet again, thinking somehow you just won the argument. You are tilting at windshields.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 00:11
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    So when your buddy Greene said that, you figure it became gold and the new standard.
    But when two separate sets of physics produce time flow changes you have no argument that TD CAUSES gravity.
    How then would TD cause a spacecraft to go fast? I'm sure NASA would LOVE to hear about that.
    You can't have it both ways. Gravity is a bending of spacetime due to ...[text shortened]... ou are wrong' yet again, thinking somehow you just won the argument. You are tilting at windshields.
    "How then would TD cause a spacecraft to go fast?"

Who said that? Only you and nobody else.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 00:18
    @Metal-Brain
    By your logic since you think TD CAUSES gravity, then why couldn't it cause spacecraft to go fast? It is supposed to be, according to you, a much more fundamental effect than mere gravity.
    It is the mass placed in our universe causing changes in gravity and thus bends in spacetime. Without mass the universe would be totally flat but with mass the spacetime stuff bends in towards the center of gravity which by DEFINITION is TD.
    So you are talking out your ass. There is no way on Earth you can prove TD CAUSES gravity MASS causes TD AND Gravity which is the bending of spacetime with also includes TD. MASS causes TD. VELOCITY causes TD. Till you get over that you are lost to physics.
    You just keep sticking to your story because you have no other way to think now that your buddy Greene has brainwashed you.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 09:01
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    By your logic since you think TD CAUSES gravity, then why couldn't it cause spacecraft to go fast? It is supposed to be, according to you, a much more fundamental effect than mere gravity.
    It is the mass placed in our universe causing changes in gravity and thus bends in spacetime. Without mass the universe would be totally flat but with mass the spacetime st ...[text shortened]... to your story because you have no other way to think now that your buddy Greene has brainwashed you.
    If you could somehow artificially create time dilation without velocity that would be possible, but how would you accomplish such a feat? If you can do that you are smarter than me.

Time dilation bends space. That is what space-time means. Both are bent together because it is impossible to bend them separately. They are inexorably linked.

Do you understand now?
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 09:41
    @metal-brain said
    If you could somehow artificially create time dilation without velocity that would be possible, but how would you accomplish such a feat? If you can do that you are smarter than me.

Time dilation bends space. That is what space-time means. Both are bent together because it is impossible to bend them separately. They are inexorably linked.

Do you understand now?
    Time dilation bends space.
    What does that supposed to mean?
    That is what space-time means.

No, it doesn't. This is what spacetime means;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime
    Do you understand now?

only that you don't know what you are talking about, which we all already knew.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 09:52
    @humy said
    Time dilation bends space.
    What does that supposed to mean?
    That is what space-time means.

No, it doesn't. This is what spacetime means;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime
    Do you understand now?

only that you don't know what you are talking about, which we all already knew.
    From the wikipedia article you posted:

"In physics, spacetime is any mathematical model which fuses the three dimensions of space and the one dimension of time into a single four-dimensional manifold."

Bending the 3 dimensions of space cannot happen without time dilation, the 4th dimension. Space and time are inexorably linked.

Time dilation and the bending of space-time are the same thing. The latter includes the other 3 dimensions of space. Einstein made a habit of saying space-time because it was a more complete description of what was going on with all 4 dimensions.

Time dilation bends the other 3 dimensions of space along with it, not the other way around.

Now do you understand?
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 11:111 edit
    @metal-brain said
    From the wikipedia article you posted:

"In physics, spacetime is any mathematical model which fuses the three dimensions of space and the one dimension of time into a single four-dimensional manifold."

Time dilation and the bending of space-time are the same thing.
    This above assertion of yours shows you don't understand what you read. That wiki quote does NOT imply "Time dilation and the bending of space-time are the same thing".
    It is you, the non-expert in science, who doesn't understand it, not us science experts. We already understand it just fine, thanks.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 17:05
    @humy said
    This above assertion of yours shows you don't understand what you read. That wiki quote does NOT imply "Time dilation and the bending of space-time are the same thing".
    It is you, the non-expert in science, who doesn't understand it, not us science experts. We already understand it just fine, thanks.
    No, you do not understand. I did my best to dumb it down. If you cannot understand basic physics by now you likely never will.

Keep on believing what you want. Someone else will correct you later and you will find out the hard way.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jan '20 15:23
    @Metal-Brain
    You are just like the dude in Hyde park on a soapbox yelling "The barometer is falling, the barometer is falling''.......
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Jan '20 17:511 edit
    @metal-brain said
    I did my best to dumb it down.
    It isn't possible to dumb down your dumb false nonsense moronic assertions any further.
    You have got that back to front; It is us that have to dumb it down for you but you still don't understand.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '20 18:23
    @humy said
    It isn't possible to dumb down your dumb false nonsense moronic assertions any further.
    You have got that back to front; It is us that have to dumb it down for you but you still don't understand.
    If you cannot understand it you just might be dumb. The only other alternative is that you are so ultra dogmatic you would not accept it if your life depended on it. Let's find out how dogmatic you really are.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/12/world/europe/ukraine-paul-manafort.html

Does the above link prove that the Ukraine court started the narrative of election meddling? Yes or no?
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Jan '20 19:273 edits
    @metal-brain said
    If you cannot understand it
    ...which I can't because to understand complete nonsense I have to think complete nonsense which, unlike you, I don't and can't even if I wanted to.
    Does the above link prove that the Ukraine court started the narrative of election meddling?
    We (just me and you here) were not talking about such politics but physics but you change the subject completely and I don't care what that above link proves because I have no personal opinion on that non-physics subject.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree