1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 05:25
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain

Yes, since you are stuck scientifically in the 19th century, you would be way ok with Newt, but Einstein, all that 20th century BS, forget it.
    Still making up BS I see. You are making a fool of yourself by making all that crap up. Is slander all you have left? Have you no shame?
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 05:27
    @humy said
    you are NOT a scientist in disagreement.
    Nobody on here knows who is a scientist or not and if you were you would not be losing every debate to a person you claim is not a scientist.

You have contradicted yourself again.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 07:521 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Nobody on here knows who is a scientist or not
    Rubbish.
    It is Obviously from both the factual content and the general level of intelligence that Deepthought is a scientists and you aren't.
    Deepthought also said he is a scientist and gave specifics.
    Do you now claim to be a scientist? If so, which science? Which university did you attend?
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 10:011 edit
    @humy said
    Rubbish.
    It is Obviously from both the factual content and the general level of intelligence that Deepthought is a scientists and you aren't.
    Deepthought also said he is a scientist and gave specifics.
    Do you now claim to be a scientist? If so, which science? Which university did you attend?
    Are facts determined by credentials? You cannot get anything right. You disregard facts simply because of who they come from.

Deepthought tried to tell me Brian Greene was not talking about time dilation and was instead talking about proper time. His knowledge of GR is inept at best. Like you he tried to tell me time dilation was the result of gravity which makes no sense at all.

Explain why time dilation would be the result of gravity. How could any physicist that studies GR think such an absurd backwards claim? I don't think he is being honest about his level of education of physics. I doubt you have a degree at all. You cannot even get basic stuff right.

If any of you guys were real physicists you would not be trolling on here making buffoons of yourselves. You have all lied at some point defending stupid arguments. Why should I believe any of your claims of lofty credentials? You are all a bunch of liars.

Save your lies for a moron who will believe your crap. You all believe in a backwards cause and effect and are all incapable of explaining why time dilation would be an effect.

Your science is faith based and resentment driven. You don't have to understand it to claim you do. I've got some news for you. Brian Greene is smarter than you and deepthought's proper time assertion is one of the most boneheaded assertions I have seen on this forum. Proper time is simply the time at a certain place. Without time dilation there would be no term called proper time. I honestly think he asked some idiot what Brian Greene was talking about and he was given the most idiotic answer a person could give and he was foolish enough to take the word of an idiot he respected more than he should have. Either that or he made it up himself, which is even worse.

I honestly think deepthought was lying about his credentials. He didn't even know what proper time is. You are a fool for believing his exaggerations. All he does is copy and paste wikipedia links and pretends they explain what he doesn't understand himself. You, sonhouse and kazet do the same thing.

As far as I'm concerned you all have fake degrees from wikipedia college. Instead of admitting you don't understand something you all post wikipedia links and copy and paste excerpts from wikipedia as if they are your own words.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 10:43
    @metal-brain said
    Are facts determined by credentials?
    Not scientific facts if that's what you mean? If so, it was you who implied this, not me.
    Your new straw man?
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 12:34
    @metal-brain said
    Are facts determined by credentials? You cannot get anything right. You disregard facts simply because of who they come from.

Deepthought tried to tell me Brian Greene was not talking about time dilation and was instead talking about proper time. His knowledge of GR is inept at best. Like you he tried to tell me time dilation was the result of gravity which makes no se ...[text shortened]... u all post wikipedia links and copy and paste excerpts from wikipedia as if they are your own words.
    Proper time is not "the time at a point". So there's another concept you haven't understood. I said how it was defined earlier in one of these threads, I'm not repeating the definition. The Wikipedia writers probably define it correctly, but I'm not checking they did, nor am I putting effort in on your behalf.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 14:57
    @deepthought said
    Proper time is not "the time at a point". So there's another concept you haven't understood. I said how it was defined earlier in one of these threads, I'm not repeating the definition. The Wikipedia writers probably define it correctly, but I'm not checking they did, nor am I putting effort in on your behalf.
    The very term "proper time" implies time dilation. If time did not pass faster or slower at different places there would be no need for the term at all.

Time dilation from matter causes gravity. The notion that time dilation is the result of gravity is absurd. Nobody here can explain why that would make sense because it doesn't and Einstein never suggested such nonsense.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 15:14
    @Metal-Brain
    Then YOU explain why there are two effects giving time dilation. Mass and velocity.
    No amount of mewling and dissing will change that. That says clearly time dilation is an EFFECT not a cause.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 15:501 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Then YOU explain why there are two effects giving time dilation. Mass and velocity.
    No amount of mewling and dissing will change that. That says clearly time dilation is an EFFECT not a cause.
    Because they are different. Time dilation from mass is a cause of gravity. Time dilation from velocity is a result of that velocity and also results in g force, although not exclusively. Einstein never claimed the equivalence principal had the same cause and effect with both. That is your false assumption.

Why do you always ASSUME?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 16:14
    @Metal-Brain
    Totally wrong. The time dilation is EXACTLY the same in both cases, but coming from totally different physics.
    If you can't see that you need to take physics 101 which you clearly never took.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 16:24
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Totally wrong. The time dilation is EXACTLY the same in both cases, but coming from totally different physics.
    If you can't see that you need to take physics 101 which you clearly never took.
    Nope. I'll ask you for your source of information even though I know you are wrong. When you fail you might want to open your mind.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 17:55
    @Metal-Brain
    Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence. So show me that evidence if you think the time dilation from gravity and time dilation from velocity are different.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 16:261 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence. So show me that evidence if you think the time dilation from gravity and time dilation from velocity are different.
    One is from matter and the other is from velocity. Nothing extraordinary about this difference.

Why would time dilation result from gravity? Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence. Einstein never proposed such an absurd idea. It is a myth.
  14. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 17:35
    @metal-brain said

Why would time dilation result from gravity?
    for reasons beyond your comprehension but not ours.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 18:02
    @Metal-Brain
    So credentials do not grant scientific respectability? Just the thing a person with no degrees at all would say.
    Just like a dude with an IQ of 100 would say about being denied membership to Mensa.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree