1. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    26 Apr '22 00:33
    @shallow-blue said
    Sorry, but this is a myth. So is the existence of any "dark age". The only place where there was anything like that is Great Britain. Not even the British Isles - Ireland did just fine - just Great Britain. In places like the Frankish Empire, churchmen were one of the driving forces behind the further development of science and culture.

As for Galileo, his major probl ...[text shortened]... right, you're wrong, and the pope is a slobbering idiot" and in general be a complete d@^& about it.
    I take it you were there?

You know, everything recorded by all historians could be argued by later generations as being purely myth.

I'm fairly convinced the Church did its fair share of censorship. Copernicus died in 1543. His work, "On the Revolutions of the Celestial Spheres" was banned in 1616, and after four years of review, re-allowed by the "blessing of the Church" because it was slightly edited to make sure he was only presenting "hypothesis."

Really, I am not trying to argue. And I'm quite sure there have been times when "churchmen" really were the driving forces you speak of.
  2. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    26 Apr '22 02:45
    @Liljo
    Back in the old days people were horribly tortured simply for trying to spread truths.

Today, those people trying to spread truths are tortured in a different way -- by losing their jobs, losing their license, losing their careers, getting imprisoned on made-up charges, or they simply die from mysterious suicide.

As long as we allow sociopaths to gain any power, humanity is doomed.
  3. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    26 Apr '22 03:35
    @bunnyknight said
    @Liljo
    Back in the old days people were horribly tortured simply for trying to spread truths.

Today, those people trying to spread truths are tortured in a different way -- by losing their jobs, losing their license, losing their careers, getting imprisoned on made-up charges, or they simply die from mysterious suicide.

We are in 100% complete agreement with that assessment, Bunnyknight.
    Peace to you and yours.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '22 08:04
    @shallow-blue said
    Sorry, but this is a myth. So is the existence of any "dark age". The only place where there was anything like that is Great Britain. Not even the British Isles - Ireland did just fine - just Great Britain. In places like the Frankish Empire, churchmen were one of the driving forces behind the further development of science and culture.

As for Galileo, his major probl ...[text shortened]... right, you're wrong, and the pope is a slobbering idiot" and in general be a complete d@^& about it.
    "The church's scientists basically said: "Look, we suspect you may be right, but give us some time to gather more reliable data on this so we can justify it to the cardinals and the common citizen" and Galileo's reaction was, more or less, to say "No, I'm right, you're wrong, and the pope is a slobbering idiot" and in general be a complete d@^& about it."

What is your source of information?

Ever hear about Giordano Bruno?
    https://www.britannica.com/biography/Giordano-Bruno
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '22 08:21
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressed_research_in_the_Soviet_Unionhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressed_research_in_the_Soviet_Union

https://impakter.com/how-widespread-science-suppression-disempowers-the-public/
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 May '22 02:10
    https://www.newstarget.com/2022-05-01-medical-journals-now-censoring-science-that-documents-vaccine-adverse-reactions.html
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '22 11:51
    @metal-brain said
    https://www.newstarget.com/2022-05-01-medical-journals-now-censoring-science-that-documents-vaccine-adverse-reactions.html
    ...aaaaaaannnnnnnnnnndd we all knew you'd boil it down to this.

If only the right wasn't so damned stupid, the country could have avoided a simpleton demagogue like Trump.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '22 11:56
    @bunnyknight said
    @Liljo

It's not truths the wingnuts are disseminating today. It is blatant disinformation. The simpletons soooo want their simple world to be true. The world is complicated. Education is key.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 May '22 00:03
    @suzianne said
    ...aaaaaaannnnnnnnnnndd we all knew you'd boil it down to this.

If only the right wasn't so damned stupid, the country could have avoided a simpleton demagogue like Trump.
    Are you disputing medical journals are CENSORING all science that documents vaccine adverse reactions?
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 May '22 00:06
    @suzianne said
    It's not truths the wingnuts are disseminating today. It is blatant disinformation. The simpletons soooo want their simple world to be true. The world is complicated. Education is key.
    What is the disinformation you are complaining about?

You need to prove it is disinformation. We all know you hate inconvenient facts and call them lies. That is your MO. That is why you need to prove it. If you don't nobody will believe you. Why should they?
  11. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    07 May '22 17:17
    @suzianne said
    Another words, only what big-pharma experts disseminate is the truth and every other expert is a wingnut, right? The same big-pharma industry that rakes in trillions of dollars per year, sponsors hundreds of news and talk shows, millions of TV ads, and has the entire US senate in their pockets together with the FDA. The same industry that killed all my friends and nearly killed me.

Go on, tell us more about education and disinformation --- LOL
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '22 06:57
    @metal-brain said
    Are you disputing medical journals are CENSORING all science that documents vaccine adverse reactions?
    Of course I am.

This is the scientific method in action. Scientific theories that don't work are replaced. This is not censorship. It is a culling of falsity.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '22 06:58
    @bunnyknight said
    Another words, only what big-pharma experts disseminate is the truth and every other expert is a wingnut, right? The same big-pharma industry that rakes in trillions of dollars per year, sponsors hundreds of news and talk shows, millions of TV ads, and has the entire US senate in their pockets together with the FDA. The same industry that killed all my friends and nearly killed me.

Go on, tell us more about education and disinformation --- LOL
    Again, it's totally okay if you don't get it.

Just don't waste everyone's time endlessly talking about stuff you don't get.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '22 07:05
    @metal-brain said
    What is the disinformation you are complaining about?

You need to prove it is disinformation. We all know you hate inconvenient facts and call them lies. That is your MO. That is why you need to prove it. If you don't nobody will believe you. Why should they?
    I don't have to prove anything.

Untrue information is disinformation. Period.

For the billionth time, it's okay if you don't understand that something is untrue. Just don't waste everyone's time with stuff you don't even know is true, because it's likely not, because your education is stunted (or maybe you never learned to distinguish truth from fiction, that is a failing of the state you grew up in, which is why it's important to not raise your kid in a Republican state -- like Florida).
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '22 07:111 edit
    @metal-brain said
    I'd be careful with a website where their "About Us" page is blank, but it sounds like a typical Republican-authored site, where they tend to publish criticism about what they do themselves.

Hint: Just because Trump lies with every breath, that doesn't make lies okay.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree