Skeeter back at 2400.

Skeeter back at 2400.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e4

Moves
20 Sep 11

Could have been anything, any reason.

Possibly he delayed too long in registering.
Maybe the British did not want to go there and threw down some red tape.

m

In attack

Moves
20 Sep 11

Originally posted by kopatov
Haven't the trolls run out of batteries yet? Time for some cliffs.

[b]cliffs
look up cliffs at urbandictionary if you don't know what cliffs are.
1. The top player is also probably the top troll on the site.
2. The top player has an issue with an ex-hus or ex-boyfriend.
3. The top player has no OTB credentials and would be awarded FIDE's 1500 begin ...[text shortened]... m discussing everything else except chess.

Cliffs were proudly brought to you by dynacell.[/b]
And I suppose a 28-0 W-L ratio followed by a schoolboy error commenting on one of tomtom's games endears us to believe you are legit and could have our top player for breakfast OTB?

RHP is good. This feels like a nice chess community. I enjoy most threads on the forum. It has been this way for several years. It is a far cry from the "trolling" you see on other internet forums or below youtube videos. I'm pretty sure half the people here don't know how to troll. Occasionally you get the odd spiky comment, but that is normal and nothing to get wound up about.

Our top player is one such case, she clearly cares about chess, she is much better than FIDE 1500 (have you been through her games? she is really quite good), but she doesn't suffer fools.

So in brief summary, please stop writing such drivel, it isn't helping anything or anyone.

(I'm really sorry everyone else that I rose to the bait again)

rc

Moves
20 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Diophantus
It is possible that Golombek did not go to Moscow because of his wartime work at Bletchley Park. The Russians may have viewed him as dubious because of the secret nature of his work or the British may have prevented him going as a security risk.

While at Bltchley, Golombek worked with Turing and often played chess with him. Golombek was apparently so m ...[text shortened]... til Turing resigned and then turn the board around and beat Turing again from the lost position!
Golombeks da man! best chess writer evah! wasn't he down there playing chess with Hugh Alexander and trying to break enigma codes or something?

e4

Moves
20 Sep 11
1 edit

Hi Robbie

SSSHHhhhhhh!

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
20 Sep 11
1 edit

[b]cliffs
2. The top player has an issue with an ex-hus or ex-boyfriend.
3. The top player has no OTB credentials and would be awarded FIDE's 1500 begin ...[text shortened]... m discussing everything else except chess.

Isn't one mental meltdown a week enough for you ? You're persistent I'll give you that. You started with this little gem The floor feels very slippery, like someone had poured engine oil all over the place.. Something's making your floor slippery but it's not engine oil. You might find it a tad sticky too. Don't you just hate it when the toast lands jam side down ?

rc

Moves
21 Sep 11
1 edit

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
21 Sep 11
1 edit

[b]cliffs
3. The top player has no OTB credentials and would be awarded FIDE's 1500 beginner rating.
4. The top player spends all their time in the ...[text shortened]... m discussing everything else except chess.

Before you jump make sure that there are some jagged rocks at the bottom!

The top player is also probably the top troll on the site.

So she is good at two things. WOW.

The top player has an issue with an ex-hus or ex-boyfriend.

Many people have issues with exes. WOW

The top player has no OTB credentials and would be awarded FIDE's 1500 beginner rating.

Do you know that for a fact? Can you prove it? More hot air from you.

The top player spends all their time in the chess forum discussing everything else except chess.

Maybe the forums are an escape for her, away from chess and ex boyfriends. As she discusses everything except chess, I had a look for her posts about the evolution of the archaeopteryx and was really disappointed to find none.

Did you tell a lie when you said she discussed everything except chess? 🙄

n
Ronin

Hereford Boathouse

Moves
21 Sep 11

Originally posted by morgski
And I suppose a 28-0 W-L ratio followed by a schoolboy error commenting on one of tomtom's games endears us to believe you are legit and could have our top player for breakfast OTB?

RHP is good. This feels like a nice chess community. I enjoy most threads on the forum. It has been this way for several years. It is a far cry from the "trolling" you see ...[text shortened]... anything or anyone.

(I'm really sorry everyone else that I rose to the bait again)
Best post in all 27 pages.

e4

Moves
21 Sep 11

Robbie.

This stuff is top secret and classified. You will get the site shut down
and Russ & Co. will be locked up for 25 years.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hi Kopatrol (damn I've got my 'v' and 'L' mixed up....sorry about that).

No scraps of food for the troll today. Just thought I'd say Hi.

--------------------------------------------------------

More Najdorf tales.

Najdorf - Gligoric Helsinki Olympiad 1952 Black to play.

rc

Moves
21 Sep 11
2 edits

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Hi Robbie

SSSHHhhhhhh!
Shhhh GP, dont mention the war, skeety or the enigma machine, its offensive, but then again, so was Faulty Towers.

n
Ronin

Hereford Boathouse

Moves
22 Sep 11

I want a waldorf salad..

Moves
23 Sep 11

Originally posted by nimzo5
Naturally Kashdan is more famous on this side of the pond.
Of course. The thing is, I'd heard of Fine and Reshevsky (obviously) and also of Denker*. Never of Kashdan. He may well have been a great player, but prefering him over Fine could only ever have had political reasons.

Richard

* If only for his remarkably apt name - it means "Thinker" in both Dutch and German.

Moves
23 Sep 11

cliffs look up cliffs at urbandictionary if you don't know what cliffs are.
A cliff is something a lemming like you should throw himself off.

HTH; HAND; FOAD.

Richard

e4

Moves
24 Sep 11
1 edit

More Najdorf tales.

Najdorf and Fine played a match in 1949 (Draw - W2 L2 D4).
Fine winning the first two, Najdorf the next two and the rest were drawn,

This adjourned postion arose with Fine (White) offering a draw by phone
adding he had analysed a postion very similiar to this in his book Basic Chess Endings.
"It's an obvious draw." said Fine. Najdorf declined.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
24 Sep 11

Originally posted by greenpawn34
More Najdorf tales.

Najdorf and Fine played a match in 1949 (Draw - W2 L2 D4).
Fine winning the first two, Najdorf the next two and the rest were drawn,

This adjourned postion arose with Fine (White) offering a draw by phone
adding he had analysed a postion very similiar to this in his book [b]Basic Chess Endings
"It's an obvious draw." sa ...[text shortened]... Ke4 and White wins.} 11... Kg2 12. Ke4 Kg3 {The White f-pawn falls with an easy win.}[/pgn][/b]
The longer I play, the more I think that words and phrases like "obvious", "schoolboy", and "even a 1400 player would/wouldn't" should be banned from chess discussion.

It seems like any time we use such words or phrases, we set ourselves up for a correction or refutation.

On the other hand, they may be the catalysts that get us started on the path to the truth, so they may well have value. But I wonder sometimes.