Skeeter back at 2400.

Skeeter back at 2400.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
18 Sep 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Gentlemanly conduct?

i readily admit that i can be sharp tongued and abrasive, even obnoxious and spiteful.........
i was gentleman enough to admit it! twas i not?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Sep 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i was gentleman enough to admit it! twas i not?
A gentleman for admitting your ungentlemanly conduct? Mmmmm, dunno about that?!

rc

Moves
18 Sep 11
1 edit

A gentleman for admitting your ungentlemanly conduct? Mmmmm, dunno about that?!
pistols at dawn then it is, for this slight of character! or you may choose French foils, if
you please, but not the French defence for i have made it my life's work to refute it and
so far have failed miserably in every way! 🙂

D
Up a

gumtree

Moves
18 Sep 11

my unassailable logic, gentlemanly conduct, masterly treatment of chess praxis etc etc
but the most incontrovertible evidence is, I open with 1.e4
So does my wife. However, her choice of car (TVR) marks her down as more manly than most so she is known as Big Steve.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Sep 11

pistols at dawn then it is, for this slight of character! or you may choose French foils, if
you please, but not the French defence for i have made it my life's work to refute it and
so far have failed miserably in every way! 🙂
Alas Roberto in a weeks time i shall be flying to Thailand for 3 weeks, so the pistols at dawn will have to wait. In the meantime i'll get round to moving in that game i've been putting off for the last two weeks.

rc

Moves
18 Sep 11

Alas Roberto in a weeks time i shall be flying to Thailand for 3 weeks, so the pistols at dawn will have to wait. In the meantime i'll get round to moving in that game i've been putting off for the last two weeks.
no worries, i was gonna ask you if you wanted to start another game, white is
practically busted in that game, the result of an oversight in the opening, from then on
it was really tough, but its your call. wish i was going to Thailand, what are you rock
stars like!

rc

Moves
18 Sep 11

Originally posted by Diophantus
So does my wife. However, her choice of car (TVR) marks her down as more manly than most so she is known as Big Steve.
Cool, she strikes me as the Joanna Lumley type, awesome!

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
18 Sep 11

I don't like to pry.. and each to his own.. but does this not make it awkward in the bedroom ?

D
Up a

gumtree

Moves
18 Sep 11

Originally posted by thaughbaer
I don't like to pry.. and each to his own.. but does this not make it awkward in the bedroom ?
I have a beard, she doesn't so we know who is who and who is allegedly what! This all stemmed from a comment on the TVR Club website "TVR because Porsches are for girls".

rc

Moves
18 Sep 11

I have a beard, she doesn't so we know who is who and who is allegedly what! This all stemmed from a comment on the TVR Club website "TVR because Porsches are for girls".
whats with the beard?

D
Up a

gumtree

Moves
18 Sep 11

whats with the beard?
I need somewhere to keep the remains of my breakfast to serve as lunch. I actually grew the thing early in life due to a lack of shaving facilities while mucking about drilling cores in sea bed and ice cap - in the latter case it helps reduce wind chill to the face. My wife saw me without beard once and made me promise never to shave again.

e4

Moves
19 Sep 11

"....mucking about drilling cores in the sea bed and the ice cap....reduce the wind chill...."

What a lot of tosh. He's grown a beard 'cos he's ugly.

Steinitz was the only world champion who had a beard when he held the title
(thought I'd better stick in some chess content.)

So Steinitz was ugly as well. (not a bad chess player though.)

Lasker and Alekhine had moutaches. (half ugly).
All the rest were clean shaven whilst they world champions.

I'm not counting that blib between 1993–2006 when the title split.

I'm staying with Kaparov who was undisputed world champion in 1992
before the split and lost it to beardless Kramnik in 2000, who lost it
to the current clean shaven World Champion Anand in 2007.

Today's quiz.
Between Steinitz amd Fischer three players lost the world title and got it back.
Name all three.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Sep 11

Originally posted by greenpawn34
"....mucking about drilling cores in the sea bed and the ice cap....reduce the wind chill...."

What a lot of tosh. He's grown a beard 'cos he's ugly.

Steinitz was the only world champion who had a beard when he held the title
(thought I'd better stick in some chess content.)

So Steinitz was ugly as well. (not a bad chess player though.)

Lask ...[text shortened]... einitz amd Fischer three players lost the world title and got it back.
Name all three.
I thought it was only two, Alekhine and Botvinnik. Euwe won 1 cycle, Alekhine won it back, Botty won, lost to Tal, then won it back. I don't think there was another either blitz or womens champs. So who it be?

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
19 Sep 11

Originally posted by greenpawn34
.....today's quiz. Between Steinitz amd Fischer three players lost the world title and got it back. Name all three.
Well, Alekhine for sure, Botvinnik did it twice and I would have to guess the third - Tal ?

skeets

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Sep 11

Originally posted by skeeter
Well, Alekhine for sure, Botvinnik did it twice and I would have to guess the third - Tal ?

skeets
Tal only had it once, he was too ill to compete next cycle, he was never in good health.