1. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    02 Nov '21 21:31
    To add value to the thumbs up and down feature maybe each user can be limited to how many they have to use.

They would be more valuable and more respected when used.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Nov '21 21:36
    @contenchess said
    To add value to the thumbs up and down feature maybe each user can be limited to how many they have to use.

I know some whose lives would be destroyed if such a thing were to happen.. 😊
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Nov '21 09:50
    @contenchess said

I think individuals here should be more responsible for handling their own anxieties and not have a website responsible for holding their hand and telling them everything will be okay.

If your preciousness is offended by getting a red thumb, maybe you should take some responsibility yourself and not post in a highly corrosive or combative way.
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    03 Nov '21 13:16
    See this thread.

Thread 188004
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Nov '21 13:39
    As I've said in the past,I don't use the thumbs or even look at them.
    I don't even look at the post when I get a message saying "your post ..... has been recommended by 3 people"
    As far as I'm concerned just leave them for those who want to use them.You don't have to look at them.
    I don't use or look at the funny faces either.I don't see a need for them but they seem to be quite popular
  6. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    03 Nov '21 13:53
    thumbs should be restricted to paying members only !!
  7. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    03 Nov '21 18:11
    @ogb said
    thumbs should be restricted to paying members only !!
    Agreed.
  8. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    03 Nov '21 18:152 edits
    @suzianne said
    I think individuals here should be more responsible for handling their own anxieties and not have a website responsible for holding their hand and telling them everything will be okay.

If your preciousness is offended by getting a red thumb, maybe you should take some responsibility yourself and not post in a highly corrosive or combative way.
    I don't care about up or down thumbs.

Contrary to your belief...I see red thumbs as an indication I am doing my job right.

I was talking about adding value to them because they would be limited. Thus making them more important and not wasted.
    They would have more meaning.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '21 01:502 edits
    @contenchess said
    I don't care about up or down thumbs.

Contrary to your belief...I see red thumbs as an indication I am doing my job right.

I was talking about adding value to them because they would be limited. Thus making them more important and not wasted.
    They would have more meaning.
    Giving the illusion that most people agree with you and your forum nastiness.

No thanks.
  10. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    08 Nov '21 02:41
    @Suzianne

You get just as many red thumbs down as me princess πŸ˜‰
  11. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    08 Nov '21 17:47
    Why are the thumbs anonymous? It would be more meaningful if the username was listed with each thumb given, regardless of if it is up or down. Just a thought.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Nov '21 18:33
    @mwmiller said
    Why are the thumbs anonymous? It would be more meaningful if the username was listed with each thumb given, regardless of if it is up or down. Just a thought.
    This has been proposed many times and rejected every time, for the same good reason (which should not have to be repeated here).
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Nov '21 18:34
    @contenchess said

Explain in detail how limiting the number of thumbs would increase their value and respectableness?
  14. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    08 Nov '21 19:17
    @mwmiller said
    See this thread.

Thread 188004
  15. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    08 Nov '21 20:25
    @relentless-red said
    See this thread.

Thread 188004
    Ah yes, I remember that one now. In it someone suggested just getting rid of the thumbs totally, and my comment to that was:
    "I agree! They appear to be a 'clickbait toy' for children.
    I fail to see any useful reason for them to exist."

I still have that opinion, not that it matters.
    If someone has a reason to approve or dislike a post just act like an adult and say so in a reply.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree