1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 20:08
    @lemondrop said
    had his father figure not died it would have been something else
    they kept Pete Rose out of the Hall of Fame for gambling
    Tyson should not be on anyone's list
    he should not be given that honor
    When "Cus" died it affected Tyson badly, because he was also Tyson's manager. Don King got his hand in the mix, and the already confused and mentally suffering Tyson was doomed.

Tyson could have likely recovered if he had better people around him at such a critical time, but was not the case.
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 20:39
    @chaney3 said
    When "Cus" died it affected Tyson badly, because he was also Tyson's manager. Don King got his hand in the mix, and the already confused and mentally suffering Tyson was doomed.

Tyson could have likely recovered if he had better people around him at such a critical time, but was not the case.
    I doubt it
    Tyson's rescue from his criminal past was to channel his aggressiveness to a legal way to beat people up
    that did not make him better
    it made some around him a lot of money but Tyson was not and could not be rehabilitated
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 22:13
    @lemondrop said
    I doubt it
    Tyson's rescue from his criminal past was to channel his aggressiveness to a legal way to beat people up
    that did not make him better
    it made some around him a lot of money but Tyson was not and could not be rehabilitated
    I think the record shows that Tyson was doing quite well under the guidance of Cus D'Amato, both with boxing and personal growth.
  4. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 22:22
    @chaney3 said
    I think the record shows that Tyson was doing quite well under the guidance of Cus D'Amato, both with boxing and personal growth.
    they robbed him blind
    he did not do well
  5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 22:28
    @chaney3 said

when Don King is involved you can guarantee somebody will be robbed
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '19 08:37
    @chaney3 said
    When it comes to discussing Tyson, as a fighter, the line is drawn at the Douglas fight.
    That’s because he got his ass handed to him.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '19 08:39
    @chaney3 said
    Cus D'Amato, Tyson's trainer and father figure was changing him as a man, and doing a great job.

When he died early in Tyson's career, it had a major impact on Tyson's future.
    Greatness stems from character, something Tyson was 8n dire lack of. As soon as his form dropped off due to a lack of commitment to training and health, his career fundamentally ended. He lacked greatness, he lacked character and he was/is a horrible person.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Aug '19 10:10
    @divegeester said
    Greatness stems from character, something Tyson was 8n dire lack of. As soon as his form dropped off due to a lack of commitment to training and health, his career fundamentally ended. He lacked greatness, he lacked character and he was/is a horrible person.
    Maybe you don't realize it, but your internet persona reveals that you lack character, and that you are a horrible person. You have no business judging Tyson.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '19 10:201 edit
    @chaney3 said
    You have no business judging Tyson.
    Then what does your OP invite?

@philokalia said
    “(Mike Tyson) Best fighter ever?”
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '19 10:21
    @chaney3 said
    Maybe you don't realize it, but your internet persona reveals that you lack character, and that you are a horrible person.
    Feel free to start yet another thread about me if you like...
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Aug '19 10:29
    @chaney3 said
    Maybe you don't realize it, but your internet persona reveals that you lack character, and that you are a horrible person. You have no business judging Tyson.
    What does your internet persona reveal about you Spanky?
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Aug '19 11:19
    @chaney3 said
    Your first post said you thought Tyson to be the best fighter ever. Many disagree with you. Were you not judging him yourself? The Sportswriters who follow boxing didn't even mention him in the top 8 best fighters.

-VR
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 00:20
    Tyson was the best.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 07:44
    @chaney3 said
    Tyson was the best.
    At biting off ears?
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 12:23
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    At biting off ears?
    That was the worst thing I've ever seen in Boxing. I was shocked!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree