1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 11:39
    @chaney3 said
    The rape accusation happened AFTER the Douglas loss.
    By “accusation” do you mean conviction?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 11:44
    @divegeester said
    By “accusation” do you mean conviction?
    If Iron Mike beat Buster Douglas, the rape accusation never would have happened.

Tyson's boxing career and personal life unraveled *after* that fight.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 11:50
    @chaney3 said
    If Iron Mike beat Buster Douglas, the rape accusation never would have happened.

Tyson's boxing career and personal life unraveled *after* that fight.
    I see, so you are now adding ‘rape apologist’ to your growing list of character stains.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 18:44
    @divegeester said
    I see, so you are now adding ‘rape apologist’ to your growing list of character stains.
    You are the one with character stains, as you have admitted to, and you are the one who chooses to do nothing about them, as being a self admitted terrible Christian.

This thread is about boxing, don't make it personal.....jerk!!
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 19:09
    @chaney3 said
    You are the one with character stains, as you have admitted to, and you are the one who chooses to do nothing about them, as being a self admitted terrible Christian.

This thread is about boxing, don't make it personal.....jerk!!
    You are, in your previous post, apologising for Tyson raping a women. Do you realise that?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 19:12
    @divegeester said
    You are, in your previous post, apologising for Tyson raping a women. Do you realise that?
    Incorrect!!

I said that if he won the Douglas fight that the rape would likely have never happened.

For Tyson, the man, that loss messed him up pretty badly, and his life spun out of control after it.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 19:16
    @chaney3 said
    Incorrect!!

I said that if he won the Douglas fight that the rape would likely have never happened.

For Tyson, the man, that loss messed him up pretty badly, and his life spun out of control after it.
    That (what you are saying) is “apologising’ for him raping that woman. You are providing a rational, an excuse for what he did.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 19:26
    @divegeester said
    That (what you are saying) is “apologising’ for him raping that woman. You are providing a rational, an excuse for what he did.
    I disagree.

All I've tried to say is that the course of his life was altered after the Douglas loss.

And as I've said, he only lost that fight due to the extraordinary bad things going on in his personal life *leading up to* that night. He didn't train properly for that fight, and likely underestimated the tenacity and will that Douglas brought to the ring, on that particular night.

Douglas later referred to that victory as his "lottery ticket", and soon faded from boxing.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 19:32
    @chaney3 said
    I disagree.
    All I've tried to say is that the course of his life was altered after the Douglas loss.
    Having ones life altered is not an excuse for rape.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 19:38
    @divegeester said
    Having ones life altered is not an excuse for rape.
    No shiit!!!
    How brilliant.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 19:43
    @chaney3 said
    No shiit!!!
    How brilliant.
    Then why are you going on about it when I’m pointing out that the guy is a convicted rapist?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 19:49
    @divegeester said
    Then why are you going on about it when I’m pointing out that the guy is a convicted rapist?
    When it comes to discussing Tyson, as a fighter, the line is drawn at the Douglas fight.

Before that fight, the best.
    After that fight, not so much.

Discussing Tyson as a human being is an entirely different discussion.
  13. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 19:49
    Tyson was just a bad person
    in his youth he was reported to have robbed elderly women
    he should have gone into politics after his humiliating defeat by Douglas or maybe could have taken the Foreman road to riches
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 19:54
    @lemondrop said
    Tyson was just a bad person
    in his youth he was reported to have robbed elderly women
    he should have gone into politics after his humiliating defeat by Douglas or maybe could have taken the Foreman road to riches
    Cus D'Amato, Tyson's trainer and father figure was changing him as a man, and doing a great job.

When he died early in Tyson's career, it had a major impact on Tyson's future.
  15. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 20:04
    @chaney3 said
    Cus D'Amato, Tyson's trainer and father figure was changing him as a man, and doing a great job.

When he died early in Tyson's career, it had a major impact on Tyson's future.
    had his father figure not died it would have been something else
    they kept Pete Rose out of the Hall of Fame for gambling
    Tyson should not be on anyone's list
    he should not be given that honor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree