Bill's Big Bag of Onions series 5...

Bill's Big Bag of Onions series 5...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
31 Jul 21

@fmf said
Relentless Red pointedly refused to criticize the thumbing down of Indonesia Phil. A handful of posters have been quite persistently thumbing down any mention of the radio programme by Indonesia Phil, so Relentless Red has had plenty of opportunity. i remember him also refusing to say if he'd listened to Phil's part of the show. Relentless Red's pompous animosity clearly trumps his desire to demonstrate the "good wishes" he said he extended to Phil.
Relentless Red Thumbs ?

Moves
31 Jul 21

@indonesia-phil said
Yep, and so far I have 4 red thumbs for my first post on this page. There's no reason to thumb down a radio show, so it must be something I said. It's okay, the thumbs are vacuous anyway unless someone claims them and gives their reasons.
I can’t see what it is you’ve said. I must be missing something. Surely people sharing in here the creative stuff they have done elsewhere is a good thing.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jul 21

@the-gravedigger said
Full of Southern to$$er$
good man

F

Moves
31 Jul 21
1 edit

@mercury said
I can’t see what it is you’ve said. I must be missing something. Surely people sharing in here the creative stuff they have done elsewhere is a good thing.
"In here" can so often be a place of sheer pettiness. Relentless Red's initial objection to me posting links to the shows was that I was being egotistical by thinking people wanted to hear my voice on the radio. Petty animosity.

F

Moves
31 Jul 21

@mercury said
I can’t see what it is you’ve said.
It goes back seven months in the case of Indonesia Phil.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Jul 21

@indonesia-phil said
Yep, and so far I have 4 red thumbs for my first post on this page. There's no reason to thumb down a radio show, so it must be something I said. It's okay, the thumbs are vacuous anyway unless someone claims them and gives their reasons.
As recent as yesterday Relentless Red posted positively about your writing, as did every other poster in the private thread concerned. (7 thumbs up, no thumbs down).

Are you really not going to disagree with the statement by FMF that he has been the most vocal supporter of you being thumbed down?!

Moves
31 Jul 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
As recent as yesterday Relentless Red posted positively about your writing, as did every other poster in the private thread concerned. (7 thumbs up, no thumbs down).

Are you really not going to disagree with the statement by FMF that he has been the most vocal supporter of you being thumbed down?!
Hi, I’m sorry if I’m speaking out of turn here, but I’m struggling to keep up. Should I try to follow these exchanges and references or just let all this pass by? It seems like fun but also a bit scary!

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Jul 21

@mercury said
Hi, I’m sorry if I’m speaking out of turn here, but I’m struggling to keep up. Should I try to follow these exchanges and references or just let all this pass by? It seems like fun but also a bit scary!
Or we could play chess? 🙂

Relentless Red has been supportive of Phil's writing (and rightly so, he's a great writer) and even yesterday Phil was thanking him for the encouragement. - The idea therefore, as tendered by FMF, that Relentless Red is the most vocal person for having Phil's posts thumbed down is not only completely ridiculous, it's malicious.

I don't recall the post FMF refers to (no doubt taken out of context) but probably said that FMF was responsible himself for drawing the thumbs down with the negativity he brings to these threads. Phil and others (including myself) just get caught in the crossfire.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
31 Jul 21

@mercury said
Sometimes it is best if not knowing the whole story to just keep out of it.

-VR

Moves
31 Jul 21

@very-rusty said
Sometimes it is best if not knowing the whole story to just keep out of it.

-VR
This sounds like good advice; does anyone here know this whole story do you think?

Moves
31 Jul 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Or we could play chess? 🙂
Main reason for being here! 😄

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
31 Jul 21

@Mercury

I will also play you. You'll get a much easier game from me after you play Ghost. 🙂

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Jul 21

@mercury said
Main reason for being here! 😄
I was also led to believe they gave away free muffins.

SRB

Moves
31 Jul 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said

I see FMF is making stuff up about me again. If that's easier for him than facing why he gets so many red thumbs then I guess that is how it will be. Tedious though.

For the record though, what I know of Phil I like. I wouldn't want him to receive red thumbs in any way. My only part in this was to once offer FMF an explanation for all the thumbs he gets for which he will now demonise me for eternity. Truth hurts.

SRB

Moves
31 Jul 21

@the-gravedigger said
Relentless Red Thumbs ?
Also for the record I have zero respect for people who wade in perpetuating FMF's BS. Bad enough being constantly named by one poster.