Bill's Big Bag of Onions series 5...

Bill's Big Bag of Onions series 5...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
30 Jul 21
1 edit

@fmf said
Series 5 Retrospective Part 2

Another 20 juicy standout Onions from the 260 broadcast between January and June this year.
BBBOO Show 529 - Series 4 Retrospective

@ Spotify https://tinyurl.com/7rxze4j

G

Moves
31 Jul 21

It's incomplete without some songs by Onion Truck.

IP

Moves
31 Jul 21

@fmf said
BBBOO Show 529 - Series 4 Retrospective

@ Spotify https://tinyurl.com/7rxze4j
There're some good ones on there that I'd forgotten about. These retrospectives are good, an Onion once planted in the sum - total of humankinds' literary achievements should never be allowed to fade and die.

Moves
31 Jul 21

@indonesia-phil said
There're some good ones on there that I'd forgotten about. These retrospectives are good, an Onion once planted in the sum - total of humankinds' literary achievements should never be allowed to fade and die.
I listened to one of the programs and thought it was quite good, not amazing, but pretty good. Why is there negativity about it in here?

IP

Moves
31 Jul 21

@mercury said
I listened to one of the programs and thought it was quite good, not amazing, but pretty good. Why is there negativity about it in here?
I think it's not so much the program as the people involved in it. Further than that you'd have to ask the anonymous down - thumbers to explain why they do it, which they won't.

Moves
31 Jul 21

@indonesia-phil said
I think it's not so much the program as the people involved in it. Further than that you'd have to ask the anonymous down - thumbers to explain why they do it, which they won't.
I see, but aren’t you involved in it?

F

Moves
31 Jul 21
1 edit

@indonesia-phil said
Further than that you'd have to ask the anonymous down - thumbers to explain why they do it, which they won't.
Relentless Red once explained why, according to his way of thinking, anonymously thumbing down posts written by people here who make the programmes is justified. Mercury might do well to ask him.

F

Moves
31 Jul 21

@mercury said
Ask Relentless Red. He has been the most vocal supporter of Indonesia Phil and me being thumbed down.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Jul 21
1 edit

@fmf said
Ask Relentless Red. He has been the most vocal supporter of Indonesia Phil and me being thumbed down.
No he hasn't.

I hope Indonesia Phil corrects you on that.

F

Moves
31 Jul 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No he hasn't.
You are mistaken. Relentless Red did exactly that.

F

Moves
31 Jul 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I hope Indonesia Phil corrects you on that.
Relentless Red pointedly refused to criticize the thumbing down of Indonesia Phil. A handful of posters have been quite persistently thumbing down any mention of the radio programme by Indonesia Phil, so Relentless Red has had plenty of opportunity. i remember him also refusing to say if he'd listened to Phil's part of the show. Relentless Red's pompous animosity clearly trumps his desire to demonstrate the "good wishes" he said he extended to Phil.

IP

Moves
31 Jul 21

@mercury said
I see, but aren’t you involved in it?
Yep, and so far I have 4 red thumbs for my first post on this page. There's no reason to thumb down a radio show, so it must be something I said. It's okay, the thumbs are vacuous anyway unless someone claims them and gives their reasons.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jul 21

@the-gravedigger said
Sounds good. I'm off to Clacton.
how was clacton?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jul 21

@divegeester said
I’ve just thumbed down every post in this thread, and you know what… I feel very slightly proud of myself.

#me_too
so do all of me

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
31 Jul 21

@badradger said
how was clacton?
Full of Southern to$$er$