Adieu

Adieu

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
01 Nov 22

@fmf said
Romans1009 called you out for claiming you were a "mental health practitioner" and you backpedaled from it. If you are now, 6 years later, claiming you ARE a "mental health practitioner", then I have noted it.
Well, I AM an experienced practioner from the healthcare industry.
Ghost of a Duke has never said a word that would make me doubt his professional credibility.

I've worked side-by-side with mental health therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists. They are all equal cogs in the therapeutic wheel, as well they do VERY difficult work.
They are "givers".

You Sir, are clearly a "taker": Selfish and egocentric you contribute very little to the good of society. In fact, you sow division and hatred and it angers you to be thusly exposed.

Perhaps you should work on that.

F

Moves
01 Nov 22

@woofwoof said
Ghost of a Duke has never said a word that would make me doubt his professional credibility.
I have no doubt whatsoever that Ghost of a Duke is a consummate and committed professional.

F

Moves
01 Nov 22

@woofwoof said
I've worked side-by-side with mental health therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists. They are all equal cogs in the therapeutic wheel, as well they do VERY difficult work.
I have boundless admiration for mental health practitioners.

F

Moves
01 Nov 22

@woofwoof said
Selfish and egocentric you contribute very little to the good of society.
What makes you say this?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Nov 22

Its crying time again!

-VR

Moves
01 Nov 22

@woofwoof said
Thank you kindly. It's a rewarding field to work in.

(I don't work in a field).

Moves
01 Nov 22

@fmf said
Nope. Just a couple of typing errors in a rapid exchange that's all.
I hope you've had time to gain some perspective.

Initially, in the public forums, I was intentionally generic in describing what I did for a living. I would either say I worked in mental health or was a practitioner in mental health. It was only when Romans said he didn't believe I was a psychiatrist that I clarified I 'wasn't' a psychiatrist. There are a great many roles in mental health that come under the banner of mental health practitioners. The only reason I would have rejected such a description is if it was specifically linked with being a psychiatrist or the like. (As was the case with Romans).

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
01 Nov 22
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I've worked in mental health for 25 years with all the experience and training that has afforded me. But no, I do not have any medical qualifications. Please link to where I have claimed otherwise.
That’s right, you are not a “qualified” mental health practitioner.

You “work in” mental health, as an administrator of some sort I seem to remember you saying.

F

Moves
01 Nov 22
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I hope you've had time to gain some perspective.

Initially, in the public forums, I was intentionally generic in describing what I did for a living. I would either say I worked in mental health or was a practitioner in mental health. It was only when Romans said he didn't believe I was a psychiatrist that I clarified I 'wasn't' a psychiatrist. There are a great man ...[text shortened]... if it was specifically linked with being a psychiatrist or the like. (As was the case with Romans).
My perspective is unchanged. I remember this matter - and what happened - very vividly. It was a very awkward moment for you, especially with Romans1009 being such a hideous troll.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
01 Nov 22

@woofwoof said
“Practitioner” is a term bandied about very liberally by a few floaters.

Moves
01 Nov 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
That’s right, you are not a “qualified” mental health practitioner.

You “work in” mental health, as an administrator of some sort I seem to remember you saying.
1. I've never worked as an administrator.
2. I'm a mental health practitioner.
3. I have never claimed to be a 'qualified' mental health practitioner, if you mean by that a psychiatrist or psychologist.

Moves
01 Nov 22

@divegeester said
“Practitioner” is a term bandied about very liberally by a few floaters.
Not at all. Practitioners in mental health covers a wide range of roles. FMF and yourself apparently share the erroneous understanding of Romans.

F

Moves
01 Nov 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Not at all. Practitioners in mental health covers a wide range of roles. FMF and yourself apparently share the erroneous understanding of Romans.
In 2018, cornered by Romans1009, you were at pains to deny you had ever suggested you were a "mental health practitioner". If you've changed your tune now, so be it.

Moves
01 Nov 22

@fmf said
My perspective is unchanged. I remember this matter - and what happened - very vividly. It was a very awkward moment for you, especially with Romans1009 being such a hideous trolm.
It's actually rather funny that you chastise other posters for doubling down on their perceived errors and yet are by far the greatest offender. You are physically unable to contemplate being muddled and incorrect.

There was no awkwardness when it came to Romans, just persistent trolling.

F

Moves
01 Nov 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
There was no awkwardness when it came to Romans, just persistent trolling.
Yes, of course he was a persistent troll. And of course it was awkward for you, nevertheless. You and I and divegeester even talked about it in our club.