Pro-Abortionists Attempting Coup Overnight

Pro-Abortionists Attempting Coup Overnight

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Jun 22
1 edit

@suzianne said
15 weeks IS better than an outright ban.

As I understand it, our law mirrors Mississippi's.

Still, turning women's bodily sovereignty into a bargaining chip is distasteful as hell.
Actually, the problem in Arizona is that there is a law passed in 1901 that criminalizes all abortion services. The law passed in March (which has the 15 week ban):

"explicitly says it does not overrule a state law in place for more than 100 years that would ban abortion outright if the Supreme Court overrules Roe v. Wade, the 1973 case that enshrined the right to abortion in law."

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-us-supreme-court-health-arizona-mississippi-d88d5a28973039a3fedadaaf3d086b1c

Clinics are already stopping abortion services for fear of prosecution under the 1901 law. https://apnews.com/article/abortion-us-supreme-court-politics-health-treatment-of-prisoners-7592c38f15d1899126653810ac5523e6

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Jun 22

@no1marauder said
Actually, the problem in Arizona is that there is a law passed in 1901 that criminalizes all abortion services. The law passed in March (which has the 15 week ban):

"explicitly says it does not overrule a state law in place for more than 100 years that would ban abortion outright if the Supreme Court overrules Roe v. Wade, the 1973 case that enshrined the right to abor ...[text shortened]... le/abortion-us-supreme-court-politics-health-treatment-of-prisoners-7592c38f15d1899126653810ac5523e6
Many states have old laws that are basically unenforced.

There's still an ancient law here against cohabitation.

But yes, I heard this is a problem all across America with states threatening to start prosecuting for some of these old laws. With Trumpster Ducey still in charge, I wouldn't put anything past our clowns in the statehouse.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
26 Jun 22

@Suzianne

Suzi, is this you, or is it kev?

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=5211124638986868

Lake Como

Moves
26 Jun 22

@no1marauder said
There are a number of possible political responses like Federal legislation codifying abortion rights or adding new members to the SCOTUS.
Put lib Marauder down for packing the court. How many judges do you think, Marauder ? You fellers are into mobs, groups, gatherings, I would say about 51 would be a perfect number..
You libs are just absolutely unbelievable , here is a seemingly smart guy who answers this particular problem by getting More Judges??!??!?

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
26 Jun 22

@jj-adams said
Be a lamb, go make us all a bunch of sammiches.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Jun 22

@averagejoe1 said
Put lib Marauder down for packing the court. How many judges do you think, Marauder ? You fellers are into mobs, groups, gatherings, I would say about 51 would be a perfect number..
You libs are just absolutely unbelievable , here is a seemingly smart guy who answers this particular problem by getting More Judges??!??!?
Well, there were 6 SCOTUS judges when the country was formed with a population of about 4 million, so if we wanted to return to what the Framers had about 500 would do.

Lake Como

Moves
27 Jun 22

@no1marauder said
Well, there were 6 SCOTUS judges when the country was formed with a population of about 4 million, so if we wanted to return to what the Framers had about 500 would do.
Touche’, who knew? Think i’ll Read up on that.

Moves
27 Jun 22

@no1marauder said
The framers never said anything about the number of justices being tied into the population.
The thought of 500 justices is retarded.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Jun 22

@Wajoma
Be fukking flippant if you choose, you are not even American and we are WAY glad of that, so stick to humping coconuts.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Jun 22
1 edit

@JJ-Adams
And the thought, no, now the reality, of SCOTUS going rogue is the worst thing to happen to the US for DECADES. Trump got his puppets in play like he said he would and now it is not even close to actual jurisprudence, now strictly a political arm, puppets of the religious ultrarightwingnuts.

I hope you liked the Soprano cut.

Moves
27 Jun 22

@sonhouse said
@JJ-Adams
And the thought, no, now the reality, of SCOTUS going rogue is the worst thing to happen to the US for DECADES. Trump got his puppets in play like he said he would and now it is not even close to actual jurisprudence, now strictly a political arm, puppets of the religious ultrarightwingnuts.

I hope you liked the Soprano cut.
what do think the task of a scotus judge is?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
27 Jun 22

@Phranny The current GOP supports laws worse than the Sharia Laws they fear
--------------

Ahhhh, errr, Phranny, you know how I can tell you're a liberal... ?

you LIE

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Jun 22

@Mott-The-Hoople
You POS, the JOB of SCOTUS is to follow tradition for one thing, 50 GODDAM YEARS of tradition in this case you pumpkin fukker.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Jun 22

@Earl-of-Trumps
And you don't even know what truth is if it came up and bit you on the ass.
And I sincerely hope it does.
This SCOTUS bunch just went rogue and now they are just the puppets of the religious ultrarightwingnuts.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
27 Jun 22

@sonhouse said
@Wajoma
Be fukking flippant if you choose, you are not even American and we are WAY glad of that, so stick to humping coconuts.
@Racist