Justifying the Unjustified War

Justifying the Unjustified War

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 May 22

@Metal-Brain
You seriously think Putin gives a crap what we do in Syria? Grow up and smell the coffee instead of drinking the Putin koolaid.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
12 May 22

@metal-brain said
Interesting you should bring up Syria. The USA invaded and now occupies one third of that country. More than Russia occupies Ukraine.

When the USA pulls out of Syria Russia can pull out of Ukraine.
That is only fair, right?
Wait a minute...

You are talking about fairness in US/Russia relations only.
But is it fair to Ukraine, if Russia does not stop that war? Ukraine has nothing to do with Syria. It is the Russia/Ukraine relation only.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
12 May 22

Did anyone say anything relevant to my initial post? I have not noticed...

MB

Moves
13 May 22

@eintaluj said
Wait a minute...

You are talking about fairness in US/Russia relations only.
But is it fair to Ukraine, if Russia does not stop that war? Ukraine has nothing to do with Syria. It is the Russia/Ukraine relation only.
I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of demonizing Russia for invading and occupying part of Ukraine when my government is doing the same thing in Syria. The average American pays for all these wars and gets nothing in return.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/biden-wanted-33b-more-ukraine-congress-quickly-raised-40b-who-benefits/5780089

Who benefits? Not me.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 May 22

@metal-brain said
I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of demonizing Russia for invading and occupying part of Ukraine when my government is doing the same thing in Syria. The average American pays for all these wars and gets nothing in return.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/biden-wanted-33b-more-ukraine-congress-quickly-raised-40b-who-benefits/5780089

Who benefits? Not me.
Yeah. Global Research again.

Just no.

Who benefits?

A sovereign state that was attacked by a dictatorship looking to annex them.

Selfish git.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
13 May 22

@metal-brain said

Who benefits? Not me.
I agree.

The fact that the US occupies a part of Syria does not make the Russian invasion of Ukraine just or legitimate.

But it is still unfair if Russia is punished and the US is not.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
13 May 22
2 edits

@metal-brain said

Who benefits? Not me.
It’s not often I give Eintaluj a thumbs up
Russia is demonising itself. It is the aggressor, Ukraine is the victim, and don’t try that ‘she was begging for it line’.
Talking about past wrongs by the US and NATO are whataboutism’s of the highest order. This atrocity is happening now! Pointing out the moral bankruptcy of what the Kremlin is doing in Ukraine is not an attempt to whitewash what the west has done in the Middle East for over a hundred years or more. Given what both parties have done in Syria it’s probably best to leave Syria out of the conversation altogether.

MB

Moves
13 May 22

@kevcvs57 said
Russia is demonising itself. It is the aggressor, Ukraine is the victim, and don’t try that ‘she was begging for it line’.
Talking about past wrongs by the US and NATO are whataboutism’s of the highest order. This atrocity is happening now! Pointing out the moral bankruptcy of what the Kremlin is doing in Ukraine is not an attempt ...[text shortened]... oth parties have done in Syria it’s probably best to leave Syria out of the conversation altogether.
The USA is an aggressor too. Iraq was the victim. Serbia was a victim. Libya was a victim and that is just a few of many. If invading other nations is evil the USA is the most evil nation on the planet.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/how-many-countries-has-the-us-invaded

Stop being hypocritical!

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
13 May 22
1 edit

@metal-brain said
The USA is an aggressor too. Iraq was the victim. Serbia was a victim. Libya was a victim and that is just a few of many. If invading other nations is evil the USA is the most evil nation on the planet.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/how-many-countries-has-the-us-invaded

Stop being hypocritical!
No serbia was the ethnically cleansing genocidal aggressor and it is still stirring up tensions in the heart of Europe with the encouragement of Moscow as we speak. As Russia becomes more and more isolated serbia will have to deal with it’s neighbours in a civilised manner and carve out a future in an integrated Europe. Or it can isolate itself and descend into a third world status, it doesn’t even have any oil it can sell to China so the clever move would be to join its neighbours and look west.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
13 May 22

@kevcvs57 said
Talking about past wrongs by the US and NATO are whataboutism’s of the highest order. This atrocity is happening now! Pointing out the moral bankruptcy of what the Kremlin is doing in Ukraine is not an attempt ...[text shortened]... oth parties have done in Syria it’s probably best to leave Syria out of the conversation altogether.
"It’s not often I give Eintaluj a thumbs up
Russia is demonising itself. It is the aggressor, Ukraine is the victim..."

It might be true that Russia is the aggressor and/or Ukraine is the victim.
But I did not say that, neither it follows from what did I say.

Moves
13 May 22

@eintaluj said
You are a spammer.
Suzi is no more nor less a spammer than geester is a gaslighter. If anyone is a spammer in these forums, it's your pal metal brain with his tiresome reposting of rumble links.

Moves
13 May 22

@eintaluj said
@EintaluJ

In my original text, Red Hot Pawn had lost the formatting of the text, but it is understandable anyway. Everything that follows after the phrase WHAT IF is obviously conditional
Yeah, we know. You've posted that three or four times now. (A bit hypocritical, then, to accuse others of spamming.)

But your argument is meaningless. "What if" Karjakin could justify Putin's rape campaign? Who cares? He can't. You might as well ask "what if" Saruman could justify Sauron's invasion of Gondor.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
13 May 22
1 edit

@eintaluj said
"It’s not often I give Eintaluj a thumbs up
Russia is demonising itself. It is the aggressor, Ukraine is the victim..."

It might be true that Russia is the aggressor and/or Ukraine is the victim.
But I did not say that, neither it follows from what did I say.
No I wasn’t becoming a clone I just agree that what one side does cannot be used to justify or excuse what the other side does.
No matter what Russia does to Ukraine it will not lessen the suffering the ‘coalition of the willing’ inflicted upon the people of Iraq and vis versa Russian supporters cannot hide behind past NATO wrongs in regards to what they are doing in Ukraine.
Everything after that is my own opinion based on the reality of what is happening.
We are all judged by our actions, so to with Russia.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
14 May 22

@shallow-blue said
Yeah, we know. You've posted that three or four times now. (A bit hypocritical, then, to accuse others of spamming.)

But your argument is meaningless. "What if" Karjakin could justify Putin's rape campaign? Who cares? He can't. You might as well ask "what if" Saruman could justify Sauron's invasion of Gondor.
"But your argument is meaningless. "What if" Karjakin could justify Putin's rape campaign? Who cares? He can't. You might as well ask "what if" Saruman could justify Sauron's invasion of Gondor."

This comment is absolutely out of context and with zero logic.

There is a non-zero, even if the small, probability that a given invasion is justified indeed. It depends on those possible facts that we do not know or which are known, but not in the Western world due to its censorship and negligence.

It is theoretically possible that the US was elaborating bioweapons in Ukraine.
It is theoretically possible that Ukraine was in the last phase of making the nuclear bomb.

Both possibilities above are pretty real, based on the facts we know. It is also possible that Karjakin is right when saying that the Ukrainians have murdered 14 000 Russians in Donbas.

Therefore, one can never honestly say that it is 100% sure that this war is unjustified.

Concerning your example of rape. A logically analogous question is not trying to justify the rape but trying to convince in the court that the case investigated was actually not a rape.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
14 May 22

@kevcvs57 said
No I wasn’t becoming a clone I just agree that what one side does cannot be used to justify or excuse what the other side does.
No matter what Russia does to Ukraine it will not lessen the suffering the ‘coalition of the willing’ inflicted upon the people of Iraq and vis versa Russian supporters cannot hide behind past NATO wrongs in regards to what they are doing in Ukrain ...[text shortened]... ion based on the reality of what is happening.
We are all judged by our actions, so to with Russia.
"No I wasn’t becoming a clone I just agree that what one side does cannot be used to justify or excuse what the other side does."

I absolutely agree.

I have noticed that Russians often make that argumentation mistake that if something was allowed to the US, it is also allowed to Russia. - This is not the case. If the US get away with its crime, it does not mean that Russia is not committing a crime if Russia is doing the same.