1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 06:51
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-claims-protesters-throwing-cans-goya-bumble-bee-tuna-soup-2020-9

Trump claimed Tuesday that anti-police-brutality protesters are using cans of soup and tuna as weapons, specifically mentioning the brands Goya Foods and Bumble Bee Seafoods.
    Trump again touted his administration's aggressive response to the protests in making his case to voters during his campaign rally in Moon Township, Pennsylvania.
    The president also praised violence against journalists, leveled a racist attack on Rep. Ilhan Omar, and reiterated false election fraud claims.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bumble-bee-mocks-trump-protesters-034006248.html

Palmer Report has a theory about why Trump went out of his way to specifically call out Bumble Bee tuna: Bumble Bee was opposed to Trump’s big tariff increase in 2018, while their chief competitor, StarKist, was in favor of the tariffs.

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/the-real-reason-donald-trump-is-melting-down-about-bumble-bee-tuna-fish/32482/

"Now it turns out there may be a real-world answer for why Trump is making up this particular lie. Former FBI Assistant Director Frank Figliuzzi has pointed out to Palmer Report that awhile back, Bumble Bee came out strongly against Donald Trump’s tariff and trade war, while its competitor StarKist came out in support of the tariffs."

It usually takes a little digging, but there is always a real story beneath the president's lies and braggadocio.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 06:57
    @suzianne said
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-claims-protesters-throwing-cans-goya-bumble-bee-tuna-soup-2020-9

Trump claimed Tuesday that anti-police-brutality protesters are using cans of soup and tuna as weapons, specifically mentioning the brands Goya Foods and Bumble Bee Seafoods.
    Trump again touted his administration's aggressive response to the protests in making his case ...[text shortened]... ittle digging, but there is always a real story beneath the president's lies and braggadocio.
    “ Trump claimed Tuesday that anti-police-brutality protesters are using cans of soup and tuna as weapons, specifically mentioning the brands Goya Foods and Bumble Bee Seafoods. ”
    A word from his sponsors perhaps. I’m only half joking by the way.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 07:03
    @kevcvs57 said
    “ Trump claimed Tuesday that anti-police-brutality protesters are using cans of soup and tuna as weapons, specifically mentioning the brands Goya Foods and Bumble Bee Seafoods. ”
    A word from his sponsors perhaps. I’m only half joking by the way.
    Yes, "only half joking" because Goya Foods supported him, while Bumble Bee has not. He just had to jam in an ad for Goya Foods.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 07:33
    If any filmmaker would have come up with These Things in a parody a few years back People would have accused them of going over the Edge...
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 09:54
    @suzianne said

Trump again touted his administration's aggressive response to the protests in making his case ...[text shortened]... ittle digging, but there is always a real story beneath the president's lies and braggadocio.
    The protesters are making a fundamental mistake, if they used handy - sized Marmite containers they would win hands - down. I mean the plastic, squirty containers, as these wouldn't hurt or damage so much, the glass ones where you have to use a knife to get the Marmite out should only be used in extremis. At the very end of need, Heinz baked beans would do the trick. (In tomato sauce, no added sausages or other abominations)
  6. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 10:38
    @suzianne said
    It usually takes a little digging, but there is always a real story beneath the president's lies and braggadocio.
    Yeah he's not stupid is he. Which means he intends to do all the awful things he does. Makes me wonder what his motivation really is.
    Power over other people I guess (?)
    What kind of power dose he have over his lady btw. Has she had a lobotomy? Seriously?
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 10:41
    @ponderable said
    If any filmmaker would have come up with These Things in a parody a few years back People would have accused them of going over the Edge...
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0120885/?ref_=fn_al_tt_0

Wag The Dog.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 10:42
    @moonbus said
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0120885/?ref_=fn_al_tt_0

Wag The Dog.
    Much Tamer than reality πŸ˜‰

I watched that one a few times and even had it discussed in a group πŸ™‚
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 11:07
    @indonesia-phil said
    The protesters are making a fundamental mistake, if they used handy - sized Marmite containers they would win hands - down. I mean the plastic, squirty containers, as these wouldn't hurt or damage so much, the glass ones where you have to use a knife to get the Marmite out should only be used in extremis. At the very end of need, Heinz baked beans would do the trick. (In tomato sauce, no added sausages or other abominations)
    The plastic ones would be far too light once emptied and throwing away marmite would be a sacrilege. I would suggest using the half sized tins of spaghetti hoops, they are a decent weight when full, also they can be thrown a good distance by even the smallest hands and as a bonus you get rid of any spaghetti hoops that are cluttering up your larder.
  10. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 11:081 edit
    Stay calm. Carry on.

If Trump loses fair and square... he's bye bye.

There are still many quiet, powerful patriots in the game.

We haven't had over 200 years of successful elections and transitions of power just to lose them to an amoral and grossly under-endowed criminal ogre.

This long weekend with "Biff" in the White House is coming to an end.
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 11:57
    @wolfe63 said
    Stay calm. Carry on.

If Trump loses fair and square... he's bye bye.

There are still many quiet, powerful patriots in the game.

We haven't had over 200 years of successful elections and transitions of power just to lose them to an amoral and grossly under-endowed criminal ogre.

This long weekend with "Biff" in the White House is coming to an end.
    we lost the peaceful transition of power with the obama administration
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 12:02
    @suzianne said

uhhh...Trump posted images proving this. Did you miss that part?
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 12:241 edit
    @Suzianne
    Just when you thought it couldn't get more stupid

"I hear Frederick Douglas is doing a good job"
    ---Can't get any stupider.
    "Windmills cause cancer."
    ---Okay, now it can't get any stupider.
    "Inject yourself with bleach."

His stupidity will always defy your expectations.
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 13:041 edit
    @Suzianne

Of course, you mentioning that Trump stumped Bumble Bee and Goya are just ways
    of hiding the pertinent fact that Peaceful Protesters are once again, applying their
    injurious terrorist tactics to innocent people for intimidation purposes.

Way to go, terrorist sympathizer
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 13:22
    @mott-the-hoople said
    we lost the peaceful transition of power with the obama administration
    You claimed that previously, I asked you the to substantiate your accustaion but haven't seen it. Please make your accusations clear and we will see if they have any Merit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree