1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 10:50
    @suzianne said
    Hoax.

Yes, we heard this Republican fairy tale. You have to try harder.
    Speaking of Republican fairy tales:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54238592

Many of Trump's supporters say they like Trump because he's anti-elitist and understands and supports the common man. They have impromptu parades by his golf courses to show solidarity as his motorcade drives in. For Pete's sake, people! What common man owns golf courses?! What could be more elitist than private country clubs??
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 11:54
    @moonbus said

Many of Trump's supporters say they like Trump because he's anti-elitist and understands and supports the common man. They have impromptu parades by his golf courses to show solidarity as his motorcade drives in. For Pete's sake, people! What common man owns golf courses?! What could be more elitist than private country clubs??
    I am not one that flippantly quotes from the bible, but in this case:

Matthew 15:13-14
    13 But Jesus replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by its roots. 14 Disregard them! They are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit."
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 12:27
    @kevcvs57 said
    The plastic ones would be far too light once emptied and throwing away marmite would be a sacrilege. I would suggest using the half sized tins of spaghetti hoops, they are a decent weight when full, also they can be thrown a good distance by even the smallest hands and as a bonus you get rid of any spaghetti hoops that are cluttering up your larder.
    You are clearly well versed in military strategy. We should consider writing a joint paper, perhaps entitled 'Tactical Use Of Food and Other Household Products In Combat Situations.' Do you think NATO would be interested?
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 22:48
    @mott-the-hoople said
    we lost the peaceful transition of power with the obama administration
    Obama left Trump a solid pandemic preparedness plan.
    What happened ?
  5. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    26 Sep '20 00:501 edit
    @moonbus said

No, no, no. Trump is clearly an elitist.

I knew this way back in the day. Trump will adore anyone that is the best in their game.
    And I have thrown this story in here before, but when boxing champ, Mike Tyson,
    was broke for a variety of reasons, and needed help, Mike got none from anyone but
    Donald Trump. Why did Trump like big black, scary Iron Mike...? because Mike was the freeking best. That's why.

In Trump's eyes, You are either very talented or a loser. That's all.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Sep '20 12:372 edits
    @earl-of-trumps said
    No, no, no. Trump is clearly an elitist.

I knew this way back in the day. Trump will adore anyone that is the best in their game.
    And I have thrown this story in here before, but when boxing champ, Mike Tyson,
    was broke for a variety of reasons, and needed help, Mike got none from anyone but
    Donald Trump. Why did Trump like big black, scary Iron Mike...? becaus ...[text shortened]... freeking best. That's why.

In Trump's eyes, You are either very talented or a loser. That's all.
    That's just what I don't understand about Trump's appeal. How can common people, people with no special talent, the salt of the Earth sort of people, people who just barely scrape by month-to-month and do not own stocks (what do they care whether the stock market rises or falls?), think he understands and supports them? He despises them.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Sep '20 12:441 edit
    @mghrn55 said
    What happened ?
    Plan B ('Don't panic'😉 ).
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    26 Sep '20 14:39
    @moonbus said
    That's just what I don't understand about Trump's appeal. How can common people, people with no special talent, the salt of the Earth sort of people, people who just barely scrape by month-to-month and do not own stocks (what do they care whether the stock market rises or falls?), think he understands and supports them? He despises them.
    Moonbus, If Trump cheered loudly for Bobby Fischer (I am very sure he did) and looks at
    my relatively poor effort in chess, he would sum me up as a loser. No biggie.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Sep '20 17:05
    @moonbus said
    Plan B ('Don't panic'😉 ).
    Plan C, Biden 2020
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Sep '20 17:07
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Moonbus, If Trump cheered loudly for Bobby Fischer (I am very sure he did) and looks at
    Fischer wasn’t very popular with the US government near the end.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Sep '20 18:19
    @earl-of-trumps said
    And he would thereby overlook your other virtues.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Sep '20 18:25
    @mghrn55 said
    What happened ?
    Trump happened.
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    26 Sep '20 21:07
    @mghrn55 said
    Fischer wasn’t very popular with the US government near the end.
    No, he wasn't, because he played Spassky in a rematch in Belgrade. Illegal to make
    money in an enterprise there, at the time.
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    27 Sep '20 09:101 edit
    @indonesia-phil said
    You are clearly well versed in military strategy. We should consider writing a joint paper, perhaps entitled 'Tactical Use Of Food and Other Household Products In Combat Situations.' Do you think NATO would be interested?
    Well it would certainly kerb all this quarrelsome budgetary stuff . Once you’ve gained control of the landfill sites you won’t need to worry about the logistics of resupply. NATO might even get a tax break for recycling. I’m sure we are on to something here.
  15. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    27 Sep '20 14:40
    @suzianne said
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-claims-protesters-throwing-cans-goya-bumble-bee-tuna-soup-2020-9

Trump claimed Tuesday that anti-police-brutality protesters are using cans of soup and tuna as weapons, specifically mentioning the brands Goya Foods and Bumble Bee Seafoods.
    Trump again touted his administration's aggressive response to the protests in making his case ...[text shortened]... ittle digging, but there is always a real story beneath the president's lies and braggadocio.
    "Anti-brutality" protestors are throwing a lot more than cans of soup at cops, they are throwing gasoline filled bottles at them and setting them on fire, as well as attacking them with baseball bats.
    YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree